mavsfan23

2020 DL stash players

I wanted to get a list going of players to target as stashes, or who we may want to hold in N/A spots or however your league does it. Guys who will miss some time to start the year. 

Jameson Taillon

Jordon Hicks

Corey Knebel

Michael Fulmer

Carlos Rodon

Rich Hill

AJ Minter(maybe)

Domingo German(suspended)

Michael Pineda(suspended)

Aaron Hicks

Seems like a lackluster group compared to some previous years. Taillon and Rodon are probably the best bets at getting a discount worth taking for keeper leagues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The "IL" as it is called now -- or "DL" still on Yahoo so far -- is for injured players.  NA is only minor league prospects or free agents. 

Pineda and German can't be kept in either because they are suspended and Yahoo -- and I assume other platforms as well -- does not allow suspended players to be carried anywhere but the active roster.  In other words according to Yahoo anyway they don't want to "reward" players being bad boys by allowing them to be stashes in leagues.

25 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yeah IL makes me think they are either "ill" or living in Illinois.

Both not good ;)

• Haha 4

Yoenis Cespedes

Brandon Morrow

Probably more to add in the next few months.

Domingo German should be on top of everyone's list. He wasn't suspended for steroids, so his performance should be fine.

23 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

I wanted to get a list going of players to target as stashes, or who we may want to hold in N/A spots or however your league does it. Guys who will miss some time to start the year. 

Jameson Taillon

Jordon Hicks

Corey Knebel

Michael Fulmer

Carlos Rodon

Rich Hill

AJ Minter(maybe)

Domingo German(suspended)

Michael Pineda(suspended)

Aaron Hicks

Seems like a lackluster group compared to some previous years. Taillon and Rodon are probably the best bets at getting a discount worth taking for keeper leagues. 

Taillon is a guy I will likely target in my auction keeper league although he will be 29 when he returns hopefully in 2021 

I'm not sure I target anyone on this list in standard leagues, honestly. German seems the most likely but he won't be IL eligible and would eat a roster spot for awhile. Taillon is out for the whole season and will, at the very least, be limited upon return next year for dynasty. Rodon and Fulmer are out at least half the season. Aside from that, it's kind of a who's who of perpetually injured of declining players. Not a strong year for IL stashes - at least at this juncture.

18 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yeah IL makes me think they are either "ill" or living in Illinois.

Or sent down to the International League (AAA).

• Haha 1

Didn't intend to make this a debate about strategies for using IL/DL/NA/etc spots, or how different platforms allow their use. 

Just wanting to list players that won't start the season playing MLB, for whatever reason, that may be useful later in the season. 

• Like 1

Another flaw with DL players is teams don't actually Dl guys til right before opening day. So even though he hurt and will stay hurt u can't replace him til he officially hurt.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 10:54 AM, hailfire4 said:

Another flaw with DL players is teams don't actually Dl guys til right before opening day. So even though he hurt and will stay hurt u can't replace him til he officially hurt.

What we do in our league, if it’s beyond doubt a player will begin the season on the DL, our commissioner will place that player in our DL slots should someone drafts him in our reserve draft.

With how many guys seem to be hurt these days, I am hard-pressed to find even ONE "DL stash" that I'm even mildly enthusiastic about. 

I needed each and every one of those slots pretty much the entire last two seasons.

Edited by Overlord

Haniger has taken residence on the IL.  He still hasn’t recovered from his blown out testicle.  Either that or he simply doesn’t want to suit up for the Mariners. Either way we give him a pass.  Both scenarios are brutal.  Would you rather blow your ball up or play for the Mariners?  🤔.  Poor guy had both happen.  Thoughts and prayers Mitch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3