Sign in to follow this  
kidtwentytwo

Freddy Peralta 2020 Outlook

Supposedly has added a slider and worked on a Change in the Dominican.  I’m intrigued. 

• Like 1

Not sure I could roster anyone with that hair. 

• Like 1

He's got a little Jennry Mejia working there.

spacer.png

Nice late round flyer.

Despite preparing as if he's starting, it seems he will be in the pen barring injury to one of the top 5 projected SP (Woodruff, Lindblow, B Anderson, House, Lauer).  So unless Hader is on the IL or traded, his value is league dependent (where set-up, long reliever or Holds offer value).  It would be cool if he started or closed but it seems unlikely at the moment.

Definitely a "monitor" guy, would be surprised if he opened the season as a starter, though. Hard to trust him as an elite reliever until we actually see some results. Like him better as a streamer if he gets some spot starts and if he impresses then could be a long term hold.

The Brewers will use both Corbin Burnes and Freddy Peralta as starting pitchers at the beginning of spring training.

It's no surprise that the team wants to keep Burnes and Peralta stretched out as rotation depth. Realistically, though, they're probably either going to make the Opening Day roster as relievers or perhaps begin the year in the rotation at Triple-A San Antonio. Burnes struck out 70 batters over 49 innings with the Brew Crew last season but also served up a whopping 17 home runs.

14 hours ago, Sidearmer said:

Definitely a "monitor" guy, would be surprised if he opened the season as a starter, though. Hard to trust him as an elite reliever until we actually see some results. Like him better as a streamer if he gets some spot starts and if he impresses then could be a long term hold.

I think this is where most of his value will come from this year

2 hours ago, GrapeJuice said:

I wish I knew how to quit you, Freddy.

I'm pretty with you on this.  Anderson probably gets injured and/or Lauer gets bounced out of the rotation.  So Freddy might get another shot...or excel in the pen.

Any way he could out deul Houser this Spring to earn the 5th slot in the rotation?

Houser is a better pitcher out of the Bullpen and if Peralta has a strong Spring with a new 3 pitch repertoire is it him at 5....

47 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Starter now it appears

Source?

Posted (edited)

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/brewers-freddy-peralta-lines-up-for-sunday-start/

Looking forward to owning this guy for once.

This does feel like a situation where if he doesn't succeed, he could easily be tossed right back into the pen or what have you as soon as Lauer and/or Anderson are back.

At the same time, this is a huge chance for him to show what he's capable of if his command allows it...

Edited by nlm

Worth noting:
 According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Counsell told the media to not "get stuck" on traditional starting roles, so Peralta won't necessarily be guaranteed turns through the rotation every fifth day, nor can he be counted on to push toward 100 pitches in each start.

• Like 1

I was watching him pitch in intrasquad on Tuesday. His overall line was fine, gave up just one run I think, but it took him 70 pitches to get through 3 1/3 innings and they pulled the plug there. Command is always the question with him.

• Like 1

Thoughts on his start tomorrow? I have a hard time quiting a guy with a 30% K rate before his 24th bday in the bigs. If he limits the bombs and walks 1 less a a game, he could be a fantasy monster. It feels like the Counsel talk is more to remove pressure off of him - if he performs, he will stay in the rotations. They’re dying for competent starters behind Woodruff.

Looked like the same guy with the same results. Easy cut for me, can’t wait around for guys like this in a 60-game season... he’s a long ways off. 

• Like 1

Might be a good day to stream Peralta - could easily see him being piggybacked after Corbin Burnes in about the fifth inning today, based on the way Milwaukee has used them both.  Peralta goes 2-4 innings on 3 days' rest so far this year, and he'd be pitching on 3 days' rest again today.

1 hour ago, OaksterDan said:

Might be a good day to stream Peralta - could easily see him being piggybacked after Corbin Burnes in about the fifth inning today, based on the way Milwaukee has used them both.  Peralta goes 2-4 innings on 3 days' rest so far this year, and he'd be pitching on 3 days' rest again today.

Would be very very pleased if they just stuck with Peralta in a long-relief role, dude has been top notch. With the two headed monster (Peralta + Hader) Milwaukee's SP's only need to go 4-5 innings.