Rotoworld.com Forums

Freddy Peralta 2020 Outlook

22 hours ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Would be very very pleased if they just stuck with Peralta in a long-relief role, dude has been top notch. With the two headed monster (Peralta + Hader) Milwaukee's SP's only need to go 4-5 innings.

Completely agree. I was hoping he'd figure it out as a starter but he's so much more effective as a long reliever it makes up for it.

19K's, 0 ER over his last 9 innings of relief.

He did well to keep the Twins from having a big inning. Came in with runners on base relieving Woodruff and only gave up a sac fly in the 6th.

Nelson Cruz took him deep for a 2 run homer In the 7th.

Other than he pitched well I thought.

What is he, 24 year old? He looks like a big asset to me for the Brewers for years to come.

13 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

He got bombed...nothing to take away from here except 3 k’s

I guess we will have to agree to disagree about this one. Bombed is not what I saw. 

I watched the game. He came in with runners on first and second and nobody out. He pitched the Brewers out of jam with only an infield single (was reviewed, runner safe) and a Sac fly. Twins could have broken the game open, but only got one run.

Next inning, Kepler hit a hard single. Freddy made a mistake to Cruz.

20 of his 27 pitches were strikes. No walks. Twins did little else against him. Strike outs, pop-ups and weak grounders. Not what I would call bombed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

He barely pitches...just 12 innings???

That’s the only thing holding me back from adding him. It would be different if he were seeing more hold opportunities but he’s really not. 

Easy drop...guy does not have it. Gives up a ton of hits and walks, only good for k’s. They can’t give him more innings because they only trust him when they are already losing now

8 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

1.14 WHIP is not "a ton of hits and walks"

He pitches 1 inning a week and gives up 2 hits and 2 bb. League winner

9 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

He pitches 1 inning a week and gives up 2 hits and 2 bb. League winner

He's done that twice out of 7 appearances.  Well, basically since one of those two appearances was 3 hits, but basically same difference.  Anyways, it's impossible to have a 1.14 WHIP if you give up 2 hits and 2 BB every time out.  That would be a 4.00 WHIP....

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

He's done that twice out of 7 appearances.  Well, basically since one of those two appearances was 3 hits, but basically same difference.  Anyways, it's impossible to have a 1.14 WHIP if you give up 2 hits and 2 BB every time out.  That would be a 4.00 WHIP....

Give him time...[...] These guys should not be in the league

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story