K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, joshua18 said:

But remember, those numbers were with Big Ben, a future HOF

Isn't he rumored to be signing with SEA and future HOF QB Russell Wilson?

13 hours ago, Yanksfan06 said:

Not sure what to say if you can’t actually see how talented he is simply by watching him play. 

I never once denied any talents that has but posited that he is worthless in fantasy now. I stand by that statement. If you honestly think any team will take a chance on this psycho this upcoming season, please, by all means, waste a roster spot on this clown. The rest of your league will thank you.

• Haha 2

It’s hardly a waste lol. This guy is probably still one of the best wr around. To use a late round pick for a league winner is not a waste. If spending a late round pick would mean your not going to have a compete team you need to learn to draft better. 

Brown just got the money situation straight with the Pats. He’s been linked to a few teams. With injuries and Covid he has a good chance of getting signed at some point. Players have done a lot worse and been given multiple attempts. It’s all about winning and if it doesn’t work they can just cut him but this thinking he won’t get a chance, based on the current situation, is far fetched. 

• Like 1

I love when I draft 🐜 in rd 12 and the draft room gives it the lol. Really? My wr5 is Ant brown and I’ll take the 6 game hook...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

I love when I draft 🐜 in rd 12 and the draft room gives it the lol. Really? My wr5 is Ant brown and I’ll take the 6 game hook...

Right - if you feel confident you can make the playoffs, why not take a gamble on a potential WR1?

9 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

2015 AB - 136 catches for 1,834 yards and 10 TDs.

Huh?

That’s the problem with boxscore scouting instead of actually following the season. AB was bad when Roethlisberger was out that year; he was so spectacular when he returned that many people forget what things were like when Big Ben was out.

16 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Exactly this.

Those same owners will be sucking eggs when AB is back catching 8 balls a game from Russel Wilson fresh and healthy for the back half of the season.

This will pay off about as well as Josh Gordon has for the last three years

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

This will pay off about as well as Josh Gordon has for the last three years

This of course being the inevitable comp.  That late in drafts, prioritize upside.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

That’s the problem with boxscore scouting instead of actually following the season. AB was bad when Roethlisberger was out that year; he was so spectacular when he returned that many people forget what things were like when Big Ben was out.

Box score scouting instead of watching the actual season huh? That's interesting.

I did some digging and it turns out that the 2 game stretch you are using as an indictment on AB without Big Ben came in Vicks age 35 season, the year he eventually retired. 

Vick started weeks 4 and 5 

Week 4 Vick was 19/26 for 124 yards and a TD

AB had 5 catches for 42 yards. Over a 3rd of the total receiving yards in the whole game against the stout ravens D.

Week 5 Vick was 13/26/203 1 TD

AB had 3 catches for 45 yards

Vick was at the very end of his career and thrown in for 2 starts, this wasn't prime Vick.

For reference I wanted to see how bad someone similar in talent beat him during that same 2 game stretch with their normal QB so I looked up Julio Jones weeks 4 and 5 from 2015.

Jones week 4 had 4 catches for 38 yards

Jones week 5 had 5 catches for 67 yards

That's some context for you.

AB was basically as productive as Julio during those same games while AB played with a washed up Vick.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

22 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Hah... The funny thing is the person doing all the box watching here is you...

Big Ben missed 7 games during the 6 year peak of Browns stay there. However, Brown only had 5 games during that stretch without Big Ben. If you take those 5 games and extrapolate them over an entire season he STILL would get 1.088 yards.

However, this brings me back to my first point about you watching the box score. Three of those games happened to be where Vick started (he got pulled in the third one).

Game 1: Vick throws for 124 yards. Spends most of the game dumping off to Bell. Brown still leads the team with yards at 42

Game 2: Vick Throws for 203 yards. Which sounds decent but 72 of them came on one throw. So that leaves 120 yards again up for grabs. An incredible 13 completions most of which went to his RB and TE 

Game 3: Vick finally gets pulled in this game. The Steelers only throw 20 times and only have 11 completions. 174 yards passing for the team but similar to last game 88 come on one throw. That left 86 yards for Brown.

See, I actually remember WATCHING these games. I remember WATCHING Vick under throw Brown on a wide open 99 yard TD by a good 20-30 yards. I remember WATCHING the Steelers refuse to pass and when they did they would either resort to some dumb dump off or have Vick use his arm to throw a prayer deep. If you actually WATCHED the games (clearly didn't) you'd know that the only WR that would have a chance on this earth of being relevant during Vicks 3 game nightmare is a huge physical freak and even then I don't know if a prime Moss would survive.

During Browns two other games without Big Ben (ones that didn't involve Vicks 35 year old corpse) he managed to get over 100 yards in BOTH games. 

• Like 3

How did Juju do without Ben? Appears more like an issue of backup QB talent in Pittsburgh rather than the WR's being unable to flourish without Big Ben. Ben certainly elevates them, but guys like AB and Juju should be able to operate just fine without Ben. The Steelers haven't had a competent 2nd string QB since Batch retired.

9 minutes ago, devaster said:

How did Juju do without Ben? Appears more like an issue of backup QB talent in Pittsburgh rather than the WR's being unable to flourish without Big Ben. Ben certainly elevates them, but guys like AB and Juju should be able to operate just fine without Ben. The Steelers haven't had a competent 2nd string QB since Batch retired.

In Browns case it wasn’t even not having a good backup. He put up over 100 yards in both games Landry Jones started. Browns problem was he had literally the worst backup QB in the entire NFL. I don’t know what made the Steelers think a 35 year old rushing QB that couldn’t rush was a good idea for a backup. No idea why they never invested in solid backup QB talent with how injury prone Big Ben is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Hah... The funny thing is the person doing all the box watching here is you...

Big Ben missed 7 games during the 6 year peak of Browns stay there. However, Brown only had 5 games during that stretch without Big Ben. If you take those 5 games and extrapolate them over an entire season he STILL would get 1.088 yards.

However, this brings me back to my first point about you watching the box score. Three of those games happened to be where Vick started (he got pulled in the third one).

Game 1: Vick throws for 124 yards. Spends most of the game dumping off to Bell. Brown still leads the team with yards at 42

Game 2: Vick Throws for 203 yards. Which sounds decent but 72 of them came on one throw. So that leaves 120 yards again up for grabs. An incredible 13 completions most of which went to his RB and TE 

Game 3: Vick finally gets pulled in this game. The Steelers only throw 20 times and only have 11 completions. 174 yards passing for the team but similar to last game 88 come on one throw. That left 86 yards for Brown.

See, I actually remember WATCHING these games. I remember WATCHING Vick under throw Brown on a wide open 99 yard TD by a good 20-30 yards. I remember WATCHING the Steelers refuse to pass and when they did they would either resort to some dumb dump off or have Vick use his arm to throw a prayer deep. If you actually WATCHED the games (clearly didn't) you'd know that the only WR that would have a chance on this earth of being relevant during Vicks 3 game nightmare is a huge physical freak and even then I don't know if a prime Moss would survive.

During Browns two other games without Big Ben (ones that didn't involve Vicks 35 year old corpse) he managed to get over 100 yards in BOTH games. 

I watched those games as well. The MNF game vs the Chargers where Verrett “shut down” AB because Vick couldn’t hit the side of a barn comes to mind. AB was a WR2 at best without Big Ben, and a WR3 when Vick started that year.

47 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

I watched those games as well. The MNF game vs the Chargers where Verrett “shut down” AB because Vick couldn’t hit the side of a barn comes to mind. AB was a WR2 at best without Big Ben, and a WR3 when Vick started that year.

Yes a WR2 at best without Big Ben judging on the 2 game sample size without Vick...In which he averaged 115 YPC...against top 10 defenses at that time.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Brown is done guys a nut

AB does crazy like J Gordon does 🌲 

Only so long they can pretend otherwise 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Fify

I didn’t know he had a lobotomy.. maybe now I’m interested 

After Antonio Brown got arrested for assaulting the moving truck driver, he finally hired a real lawyer.  And he was court ordered to have a mental health evaluation and folllow the recommended management plan.  I think these things actually have helped.  Brown has not posted anything nutty for months.  And he resolved his criminal charges, I believe.  This thing could really happen if the NFL will just finally wrap up its "investigation" and announce the length of his suspension.  

16 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Yes a WR2 at best without Big Ben judging on the 2 game sample size without Vick...In which he averaged 115 YPC...against top 10 defenses at that time.

giphy.gif

115 YPC? That does deserve the Obama gif 

Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2020 at 5:04 PM, Whitecloud0101 said:

When does injury/suspension optimism ever pay off? Im sure there are some cases but I cant recall any atm.

Edited by Evincar

2 hours ago, Evincar said:

When does injury/suspension optimism ever pay off? Im sure there are some cases but I cant recall any atm.

Kareem Hunt?

I don’t want my team to sign him.

But also...like...I don’t want any other team to have him either you know?

• Like 1

If a player cant cut it on the Raiders or Patriots, I dont think theres much hope. Better off rostering a backup kicker