K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

If a player cant cut it on the Raiders or Patriots, I dont think theres much hope. Better off rostering a backup kicker

I wouldn’t consider the Raiders a beacon of NFL superiority but Patriots yeah.

That being said AB was flat out batshit crazy in 2019. He’s seemed to calm down and has been out of the news for a while now so who knows?

You are throwing darts in the late rounds anyways. In my opinion Brown is a much better bet to land then pretty much anyone you can get in that range.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Kareem Hunt?

 

Only RB18 and RB22 in PPG. Not much to write home about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I wouldn’t consider the Raiders a beacon of NFL superiority but Patriots yeah.

That being said AB was flat out batshit crazy in 2019. He’s seemed to calm down and has been out of the news for a while now so who knows?

You are throwing darts in the late rounds anyways. In my opinion Brown is a much better bet to land then pretty much anyone you can get in that range.

I was thinking that he couldnt make it on one of the Best AND worst teams so theres not much optimism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Evincar said:

 

Only RB18 and RB22 in PPG. Not much to write home about. 

Considering he only played 8 games thats pretty good

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to think the current social climate will work in AB’s favor. The whole systemic racism, kneeling for the anthem, and all. I’m actually surprised we haven’t heard AB’s camp spin something to this effect already. Giving a troubled black man “a second chance” would score big woke points for the shield, and that seems to be the most important factor in decision making these days. Last thing Goodell wants right now is to  battle the mob accusing the NFL of “blackballing” a black superstar and preventing him from earning a living. 
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I have to think the current social climate will work in AB’s favor. The whole systemic racism, kneeling for the anthem, and all. I’m actually surprised we haven’t heard AB’s camp spin something to this effect already. Giving a troubled black man “a second chance” would score big woke points for the shield, and that seems to be the most important factor in decision making these days. Last thing Goodell wants right now is to  battle the mob accusing the NFL of “blackballing” a black superstar and preventing him from earning a living. 

I see what you are saying but I do not believe the teams are black balling Antonio Brown.  I think the general perception is that Brown created the fix he is in by his long series of troublesome behavior and actions.  

And if the league wraps up their investigation and announces a suspension of a certain length, I would expect Brown to then sign quickly with a new team.

Brown is the opposite of Kaep, in my view: some teams probably genuinely want to sign Brown, but the league office is preventing that.  Meanwhile, Goodell is practically begging a team to sign Kaepernick, but...

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This idiot black balled himself when he had his goon friends send intimidating texts to that woman

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I have to think the current social climate will work in AB’s favor. The whole systemic racism, kneeling for the anthem, and all. I’m actually surprised we haven’t heard AB’s camp spin something to this effect already. Giving a troubled black man “a second chance” would score big woke points for the shield, and that seems to be the most important factor in decision making these days. Last thing Goodell wants right now is to  battle the mob accusing the NFL of “blackballing” a black superstar and preventing him from earning a living. 
 

 

Fair perspective.   I just don’t think NFL owners and front offices care about appearances when it comes to problematic players nearly as much as the league does.    They practically begged someone to sign Kaep....crickets.   
 

IF the league decides to go easy on AB and give him say...6 games...and IF he can avoid calling god,  showing up late to meetings,  abusing contractors,  exposing himself to women,  attacking delivery drivers,  threatening witnesses...and basically Be able to be part of a team instead of the focal point...THEN he could have a shot at a meaningful return to action.    

I simply don’t believe it will happen.   But I’ll grant that he’s a fine upside pick late. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

This idiot black balled himself when he had his goon friends send intimidating texts to that woman

He never black balled himself. Otherwise teams wouldn't continue being interested. The NFL always values talent over off the field issues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I see what you are saying but I do not believe the teams are black balling Antonio Brown.  I think the general perception is that Brown created the fix he is in by his long series of troublesome behavior and actions.  

And if the league wraps up their investigation and announces a suspension of a certain length, I would expect Brown to then sign quickly with a new team.

Brown is the opposite of Kaep, in my view: some teams probably genuinely want to sign Brown, but the league office is preventing that.  Meanwhile, Goodell is practically begging a team to sign Kaepernick, but...

I don’t believe teams are blackballing AB either. Pretty obvious his own actions got him into this mess. But also pretty obvious that it simply doesn’t matter. If the woke mob demands that AB play again, the NFL/Goodell would absolutely cave and make it happen despite how AB got into this mess to begin with. Not a doubt in my mind. Wouldn’t be worth it to the NFL to get into a public battle of perception in which the words “systemic racism” would surely be used. I honestly don’t know why AB and his camp aren’t using the current social climate to their advantage....yet.

Tbh, I do find it unfair/unjust to hold a potential suspension of undetermined length over AB’s head making it virtually impossible for any team to sign him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Fair perspective.   I just don’t think NFL owners and front offices care about appearances when it comes to problematic players nearly as much as the league does.    They practically begged someone to sign Kaep....crickets.   
 

IF the league decides to go easy on AB and give him say...6 games...and IF he can avoid calling god,  showing up late to meetings,  abusing contractors,  exposing himself to women,  attacking delivery drivers,  threatening witnesses...and basically Be able to be part of a team instead of the focal point...THEN he could have a shot at a meaningful return to action.    

I simply don’t believe it will happen.   But I’ll grant that he’s a fine upside pick late. 

Massive difference between Kaep & AB. NFL teams don’t seem all that interested in signing Kaep, and he doesn’t seem all that interested in playing imo, and I don’t blame him. He’s making more money playing martyr than he would playing QB. And playing martyr without actually even having to speak is much easier than being an NFL QB. 
 

On the other hand, AB clearly wants to play, and is arguably the best WR on the planet. Many NFL teams would be interested in signing him if Goodell wasn’t holding a mystery suspension over his head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Massive difference between Kaep & AB. NFL teams don’t seem all that interested in signing Kaep, and he doesn’t seem all that interested in playing imo, and I don’t blame him. He’s making more money playing martyr than he would playing QB. And playing martyr without actually even having to speak is much easier than being an NFL QB. 
 

On the other hand, AB clearly wants to play, and is arguably the best WR on the planet. Many NFL teams would be interested in signing him if Goodell wasn’t holding a mystery suspension over his head.


“Mystery suspension” lol

AB settled his most recent case not even a month ago.   No contest to battery (guilty without admitting it).    The narrative that the NFL is unfairly stalling ABs suspension is hilarious.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:


“Mystery suspension” lol

AB settled his most recent case not even a month ago.   No contest to battery (guilty without admitting it).    The narrative that the NFL is unfairly stalling ABs suspension is hilarious.  

Then why hasn’t he been officially suspended yet? Goodell has suspended players in the past without, or prior to, any legal finding of guilt. Elliot, Roethlisberger, Hardy, Hunt, etc. What’s he waiting for regarding AB?

Edited by Lamont Sanford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Then why hasn’t he been officially suspended yet? Goodell has suspended players in the past without, or prior to, any legal finding of guilt. Elliot, Roethlisberger, Hardy, Hunt, etc. What’s he waiting for regarding AB?

The investigation to conclude, naturally!  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Then why hasn’t he been officially suspended yet? Goodell has suspended players in the past without, or prior to, any legal finding of guilt. Elliot, Roethlisberger, Hardy, Hunt, etc. What’s he waiting for regarding AB?

Same way they handled Tyreek.  Let the courts conclude,  then make an informed decision.  Seems so simple yet the NFL bungled it for many years.
 

Also incentivizes players to handle their business and not hide behind delays in the legal process while getting a slap on the wrist from the league.

 

im a fan-   JMO tho. 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Same way they handled Tyreek.  Let the courts conclude,  then make an informed decision.  Seems so simple yet the NFL bungled it for many years.


There is no consistency with the NFL at all, it's just whatever knee jerk reaction Goodell feels is best at the time. Just being reminded of the punishment differences between Zeke and Hill is infuriating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would AB sign a very team friendly deal? That would be the only way teams take a chance 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Would AB sign a very team friendly deal? That would be the only way teams take a chance 

At this point, I don't think he has a choice lol, probably his last chance to stay in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Would AB sign a very team friendly deal? That would be the only way teams take a chance 

Vet minimum plus some incentives kinda like Cam's 2020 deal I would wager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And he's retired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2020 at 12:36 PM, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Brown is done guys a nut

Thought I told ya!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Antonio Brown is a criminal clown show.     Get thee away from society and the NFL.

 

See ya AB.  

giphy.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AB is like a daily soap.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No team will give him more than vet min with a little bit of incentives and he is not broke yet. He will be broke prob in 5 years but by then his skills will have eroded and he will be useless to nfl teams.For those that took a flyer i think it is a safe drop for 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...