K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

Which number is higher by 2021?

Antonio Brown TD catches

Antonio Brown retirements (starting now)

16 hours ago, NInsko said:

Ill be drafting him if hes around round14-15 

Some clown will take him hefore that from ive seen, i think its best to just let another team deal with the headache or wasted draft spot, better off getting an elite defense, kicker, or rookie lotto pick if youre seriously considering  ab

2 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Some clown will take him hefore that from ive seen, i think its best to just let another team deal with the headache or wasted draft spot, better off getting an elite defense, kicker, or rookie lotto pick if youre seriously considering  ab

Oh they will. I saw @ fantasy mojo (a decent twitter follow) post a high stakes FFPC draft last night where some poor soul grabbed him in the 8th RD!

One that I did last night saw him go in the 20th RD...which is semi palatable, but just barely considering the rookie WRs I got after.

34 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Oh they will. I saw @ fantasy mojo (a decent twitter follow) post a high stakes FFPC draft last night where some poor soul grabbed him in the 8th RD!

One that I did last night saw him go in the 20th RD...which is semi palatable, but just barely considering the rookie WRs I got after.

I wont be reaching, I doubt i take him. Interested in who you grabbed instead though.

6 minutes ago, NInsko said:

I wont be reaching, I doubt i take him. Interested in who you grabbed instead though.

Mims nearly right after. Then went Claypool, Gandy-Golden and Van Jefferson in the 24-26 RDS...I feel like something will pop with at least 1/2 of them...I don't mind the AB gambit around those spots...just didn't quite get to me. The FFPC format is difficult sometimes when you are trying to fill auxiliary Kicker and 2nd/3rd D/STs spots to fill out your roster. I guess I feel as comfortable, if not slightly more, with rookies and their solid draft capital--esp considering the late pricing.

3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Mims nearly right after. Then went Claypool, Gandy-Golden and Van Jefferson in the 24-26 RDS...I feel like something will pop with at least 1/2 of them...I don't mind the AB gambit around those spots...just didn't quite get to me. The FFPC format is difficult sometimes when you are trying to fill auxiliary Kicker and 2nd/3rd D/STs spots to fill out your roster. I guess I feel as comfortable, if not slightly more, with rookies and their solid draft capital--esp considering the late pricing.

Right on, I just started looking into Mims. We only do 15 rnds this yr 16 with covid so i might not have to go that deep.

So 8 game suspension.  Oof.  Assuming we do get a full season, which is a huge assumption, and that a team signs him obviously, it would seem mighty hard to roster him in a league without an IR spot.  (I don't think even if you have an IR, does being "Out" for suspension allow you to put him there?)

10 minutes ago, CooL said:

So 8 game suspension.  Oof.  Assuming we do get a full season, which is a huge assumption, and that a team signs him obviously, it would seem mighty hard to roster him in a league without an IR spot.  (I don't think even if you have an IR, does being "Out" for suspension allow you to put him there?)

Why does having a full season factor into the decision of drafting him? If the season gets shut down after week 4 for example all your draft picks are irrelevant anyways...

19 minutes ago, CooL said:

No suspension can’t go on IR at least in yahoo it can’t. 

Uh...what?  If I am picking between a player who will play 16 games and one who can play a maximum of 8, starting in week 9, that will definitely be part of the calculation.

27 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Why does having a full season factor into the decision of drafting him? If the season gets shut down after week 4 for example all your draft picks are irrelevant anyways...

Huh?  Gohawks, you are one of the highest volume, most respected posters here.  You really can't understand why it would matter if there is a 10 game season versus a 16 game season?  If I'm taking AB and hang on to him to start playing in week 9, if the season shuts down after 10 games, I've handicapped my team 8 weeks for 2 weeks of benefit.  If it goes 16 games, then I get 8 games out of AB, presumably developing a better bond with his QB and teammates with each passing week and knocking off the rust.  And then potentially being a playoff difference maker.  Is it really that hard to understand?

Basically I'm wary of drafting him knowing that the league could be shut down at any point.  So yes, it does affect my decision process.  Yes, if the league gets shut down after 4 weeks, then everything's a wash if your league has the typical "less than 8 weeks and we refund everyone" that I've seen a lot here in the Commish corner.  But if the season goes 8 games, and then it gets shut down?  What if your league awards payouts based on standings at the time of shutdown to say the top 3?  Your team would have been a disadvantage for those first 8 weeks and maybe has a poorer record.

The decision to draft a player knowing there is a lengthy suspension is so you can weather the storm and reap the benefits at the end.  With uncertainty about the length of the season, you are weathering a storm and have no time to climb out of a potential hole.  One may argue that a 10-14 round draft pick isn't going to sink or swim your team, and if it does, then you've drafted poorly.  But you never know.  Plenty of 12th rounders have become fantasy difference makers, you could have gotten one of them instead of hanging on to AB for 8 weeks.

5 minutes ago, CooL said:

Huh?  Gohawks, you are one of the highest volume, most respected posters here.  You really can't understand why it would matter if there is a 10 game season versus a 16 game season?  If I'm taking AB and hang on to him to start playing in week 9, if the season shuts down after 10 games, I've handicapped my team 8 weeks for 2 weeks of benefit.  If it goes 16 games, then I get 8 games out of AB, presumably developing a better bond with his QB and teammates with each passing week and knocking off the rust.  And then potentially being a playoff difference maker.  Is it really that hard to understand?

Basically I'm wary of drafting him knowing that the league could be shut down at any point.  So yes, it does affect my decision process.  Yes, if the league gets shut down after 4 weeks, then everything's a wash if your league has the typical "less than 8 weeks and we refund everyone" that I've seen a lot here in the Commish corner.  But if the season goes 8 games, and then it gets shut down?  What if your league awards payouts based on standings at the time of shutdown to say the top 3?  Your team would have been a disadvantage for those first 8 weeks and maybe has a poorer record.

The decision to draft a player knowing there is a lengthy suspension is so you can weather the storm and reap the benefits at the end.  With uncertainty about the length of the season, you are weathering a storm and have no time to climb out of a potential hole.  One may argue that a 10-14 round draft pick isn't going to sink or swim your team, and if it does, then you've drafted poorly.  But you never know.  Plenty of 12th rounders have become fantasy difference makers, you could have gotten one of them instead of hanging on to AB for 8 weeks.

If your league does that then I guess.

I’m in multiple leagues and if the season gets shut down in neither of them does anyone get anything. It doesn’t matter if it’s week 3 or week 10. That’s why I don’t factor that into the argument. 

• Haha 1

i nominated him last night in a 14 team auction for a dollar just so someone else would roster him. I did not want him even with deep 7 spot benches. The upside is there but with no practice time with his new qb not sure how chemistry would be there with a new qb with no off season workouts.

On 7/6/2020 at 12:11 PM, K197040 said:

I'll rely on what my third foster parent said when I was five.

"If it's brown, flush it down."

He was always the smartest of my foster parents.   I would have appreciated him more if he hadn't made me wear a dress.

• Haha 1

I'd be surprised if he isn't signed by next week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, isuckatdfs said:

The upside is there but with no practice time with his new qb not sure how chemistry would be there with a new qb with no off season workouts.

Despite lacking in the real-life critical thinking department he is still able to run any route flawlessly with his eyes closed. I don't think he needs much time at all to get acclimated to a new offense and QBs know that he's going to be open more often than not.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 3:58 AM, aapox said:

Which number is higher by 2021?

Antonio Brown TD catches

Antonio Brown retirements (starting now)

TDs

• Like 1

Waste of a pick, especially for all the chicken littles predicting an early season closure

I have to say, his last 18 months have been so chaotic that I can't even recall which event actually caused his suspension.  

I'll take him at the tail end of a deep draft if i can get it, but if i don't, oh well.   

• Haha 1

I have a feeling between the steelers revenge factor and the family ties he’s going to Baltimore and they’re making a run for the super bowl. We’ll see though. I also thought Brady was going to LA :(

Posted (edited)

Potential league winner if he makes it back in the right spot. I don't think Baltimore is that spot. Don't think he's lost anything it's just a question of acclimation and attitude. If we judged him on the time from week 17 of  the 2018 season on he's made a ton of mistakes and not the easiest guy to defend or trust. Is that who he is or is he the guy whose first 9 years in the league went on possibly the best 6 year run in history for a WR and his worst transgression was seemingly an in locker room FB live post? Personally he's built up enough positive collateral of good will those first 9 years and performed so well for so many fantasy teams of mine I'm taking my shots on a heavily discounted player who if things go right has a few weeks to ramp up and be ready to help a lot of fantasy teams when it's playoff/money time.

Edited by GiveGoodContent

Really depends where his ADP is around the time the 1st week rolls around. Definitely a better pickup than Josh Gordon though.