K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

Still thinking it will be Seattle.   They’re in a hell of a battle in that division and need any kind of edge late season.    Russ is always having to save their bacon singlehandedly.   

now that the suspension is official...expect a signing before the season

9 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Still thinking it will be Seattle.   They’re in a hell of a battle in that division and need any kind of edge late season.    Russ is always having to save their bacon singlehandedly.   

now that the suspension is official...expect a signing before the season

When he got suspended and decided to accept it without appeal I thought the same thing as the bolded. That this was good news as teams know knew what they were dealing with, when he could play, and he'd be signed fairly soon.

Pete Carrol's comments today make me think otherwise.  It seems to me that teams are leery of his pending civil case and don't want to make a move until it's over with via settlement or trial(which I think is Sept 15th). 

I've no doubt Seattle is interested, they were last year when the Raiders cut him and that interest never went away and they were my prediction of who would sign him when he got his suspension. I'm starting to change my mind on that as well and I think there was something to the Chad Johnson tweet a few weeks ago about him being a Houston Texan.

Whatever the team I get a strong feeling AB has agreed in principal with a team, and that team is stipulating that principal be nothing new and damaging comes out of AB's civil case and if so the offer they presented him is on the table for him to accept when that's over with. I say this because I think he'd have fought the suspension otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very shrewd post.  Antonio Brown almost never keeps quiet unless he is about to get money and he could ruin it by piping up.  Something is in the works.

With respect to Seattle, they have Lockett, Metcalf, Dorsett, and a bunch of TEs.  And they don't really pass all that much until they are forced to, trailing in the 4th quarter, anyway.  I don't see Brown fitting in to that type of philosophy.  

Lastly, do you want to have your young guys like DK Metcalf hanging around Brown and learning his life philosophies?

1 hour ago, ginocan said:

Antonio Brown is still a thing in 2020? Smh. 

1300 and 15 2 years ago...yeah, he's gonna be a thing until it's 100% clear that he's not playing. I don't like him any more than you do, but he's an absolute top-tier talent.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ginocan said:

Antonio Brown is still a thing in 2020? Smh. 

Unfortunately he is. There's a better shot at him suiting up this year than there was that Gronk would suit up, and here we are. 

That being said, he's nothing more than a last round lottery ticket pick to me. Wasting a roster spot on him for 8-9 weeks and banking on him not doing anything stupid in that time isn't worth a pick higher than that. 

43 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

Unfortunately he is. There's a better shot at him suiting up this year than there was that Gronk would suit up, and here we are. 

That being said, he's nothing more than a last round lottery ticket pick to me. Wasting a roster spot on him for 8-9 weeks and banking on him not doing anything stupid in that time isn't worth a pick higher than that. 

I took him real late in a league with a deep bench. Not expecting anything. But it is worth noting he is on probation. So that should deter him from doing such stupid things. Key word there is should. 😀

A Miami judge sanctioned unsigned FA Antonio Brown and entered a default judgment against him. 

Circuit Court Judge Beatrice Butchko struck down Brown's counterclaims in a lawsuit alleging he trashed a luxury condominium. Butchko said Brown's "conduct exhibited an intentional delay tactic, a pattern of refusal to follow rules, and established a lack of good faith." It's yet another legal blow for Brown, who faces an eight-game suspension that would begin Week 1 if a team signs the wideout. Whether his latest legal setback will affect his suspension status remains to be seen. The Seahawks reportedly have interest in Brown. 

Aug 4, 2020, 9:40 AM ET

For those that have drafted already, where have you seen him going? 

If he starts to sneak into the middle rounds I'm not going to be a taker but in round 14 or 15 he's worth a flier IMO. Can always drop him for the bench slot if you really need it.

13 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Very shrewd post.  Antonio Brown almost never keeps quiet unless he is about to get money and he could ruin it by piping up.  Something is in the works.

With respect to Seattle, they have Lockett, Metcalf, Dorsett, and a bunch of TEs.  And they don't really pass all that much until they are forced to, trailing in the 4th quarter, anyway.  I don't see Brown fitting in to that type of philosophy.  

Lastly, do you want to have your young guys like DK Metcalf hanging around Brown and learning his life philosophies?

There’s been some indication that Seattle is going to change the offense up this year to reflect Wilson more.

While Carroll has been insanely stubborn there also has never been any indication of him changing his stripes until this offseason but we will see...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bangarrang said:

For those that have drafted already, where have you seen him going? 

If he starts to sneak into the middle rounds I'm not going to be a taker but in round 14 or 15 he's worth a flier IMO. Can always drop him for the bench slot if you really need it.

Effectively round 18 because we have IDP so I had to take them out to make comparable to most formats. Basically with the kickers and dart throws. Once his team situation is known he could rise. Like if he landed with a good passing QB with not much else for competition. 

4 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Effectively round 18 because we have IDP so I had to take them out to make comparable to most formats. Basically with the kickers and dart throws. Once his team situation is known he could rise. Like if he landed with a good passing QB with not much else for competition. 

Yeah, you swiped him like two picks from me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

🤣

Deserves you right. You think I didn’t want some of your picks. A small battle victory For me in a lop sided war. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

12 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

🤣

Deserves you right. You think I didn’t want some of your picks. A small battle victory For me in a lop sided war. 

why am I not surprised u 2 geezers are in the same league 😆 

get him Pizza.     I nabbed AB in a Deep 14 team redraft even tho I don’t suspect we get much.   It’s a big ask for him to stay out of trouble for the rest of summer and 8+ weeks of the season 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

get him Pizza.     I nabbed AB in a Deep 14 team redraft even tho I don’t suspect we get much.   It’s a big ask for him to stay out of trouble for the rest of summer and 8+ weeks of the season 

Welcome to the club.

Why are people so down on this idea?

You think AB has lost the football talent?

I took the same risk last year with kareem.hunt and I got 8 straight weeks of double digits fantasy flex points.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

One good thing is he is on probation. Hopefully he only throw furniture around inside behind closed doors and not off a balcony into the kids pool.

Edited by PizzaBeerFF
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Welcome to the club.

Why are people so down on this idea?

You think AB has lost the football talent?

I took the same risk last year with kareem.hunt and I got 8 straight weeks of double digits fantasy flex points.

it’s not out of the question....Buttttt

What other 32 year old wr are people assuming is still at the top of his game?   Not to mention he’s been out of football for a year.   And he has to avoid being an A-hole for quite some time now.    Don’t know the team he’ll be on,  his role,  etc....

it’s a lot to expect.   

5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

it’s not out of the question....Buttttt

What other 32 year old wr are people assuming is still at the top of his game?   Not to mention he’s been out of football for a year.   And he has to avoid being an A-hole for quite some time now.    Don’t know the team he’ll be on,  his role,  etc....

it’s a lot to expect.   

Julio is 31 and pretty well expected to still be a top 3 WR. And probably will be next season as a 32-year old. 

37 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Julio is 31 and pretty well expected to still be a top 3 WR. And probably will be next season as a 32-year old. 

Ok,  but he’s not 32.  Gotta have a big,  healthy season to assume that for next year. Hardly a given.   

6 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

We are actually in two leagues together :)   

4 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Ok,  but he’s not 32.  Gotta have a big,  healthy season to assume that for next year. Hardly a given.   

No, he's not 32, but he's 31 1/2 and has shown no signs of slowing down. 

6 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

We are actually in two leagues together :)   

I had to join another one without you so I could get a few of the players I wanted. 🤬

🤣

• Haha 1

Thinking about a dart throw on this guy with 21-man rosters, 12-man bench...last round. Can't hurt anything at this point. 

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Thinking about a dart throw on this guy with 21-man rosters, 12-man bench...last round. Can't hurt anything at this point. 

With a bench that deep I don’t think their are any wrong moves in the last round lol.