K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

Julio Jones is almost the same age as AB so why aren’t people giving up on Jones and why is he still ranked so high?

4 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

Julio Jones is almost the same age as AB so why aren’t people giving up on Jones and why is he still ranked so high?

Because jones doesn’t have split personalities.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Thinking about a dart throw on this guy with 21-man rosters, 12-man bench...last round. Can't hurt anything at this point. 

Yeah deep bench like that there's no reason not to. Shallowet leagues i wouldnt but with that size depth you can wait and see.

42 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

There are so many reasons lol. More than anything, Julio is consistently a top fantasy WR year in and year out. Last year at 1394 yards, it was his lowest total since 2014. 

Brown was great in Pittsburgh but played in one game last year, is without a team and is suspended for minimally 8 games and one harassment suit against him isn't even settled yet. He's also insane lol. Nobody will deny his greatness on the field but he's undraftable unless you have a really deep bench.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Arrowhead said:

Because Julio is an actual WR1 for an actual NFL Football team, and was the #3 WR overall in 2019, while AB in 2019 was (checks notes) stark raving mad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

This cant be serious 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

What’s it like to be in a year-long coma anyway? 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

I didn’t pay much attention to football last year so I don’t how bad Antonio brown did. 

58 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

This cant be serious 

Why not? Julio Jones is 31 that’s getting up there for a WR.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

Why not? Julio Jones is 31 that’s getting up there for a WR.

Because it's impossible to even get to the age part when he isn't even active or signed to a team.

Edited by sSektor

4 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

It’s hardly a given that a 32 year old wr can step back on the field after a season and a half off(after his 8 game suspension) and immediately ball out without getting hurt.   AB is a long shot and should be drafted as such.  

41 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

I didn’t pay much attention to football last year so I don’t how bad Antonio brown did. 

Well AB demanded out of Pittsburgh and when he did all the bad stuff that the team had been hiding from the public came out. Apparently it had been brewing for a while but it came to a boil when he didn’t win team MVP and they gave it to juju and he said stuff like “this guy cost us the playoffs when he dropped that ball” and he skipped the last game of the year in anger. He apparently is a ego maniac a-hole and on one occasion got mad over nothing and started throwing furniture out of his condo and almost hit a baby with a sofa. He then is traded to the raiders where his antics are on full display from day one with him accidentally giving his feet awful frost bite by not using proper gear in a cryogenic chamber he then has a public hissy fit over not getting to use his helmet because the NFL made that model not safe after 10 years of use so he tries to have it painted and sneak onto the practice field when he is caught he cries and leaves practice and doesn’t return for days and this is all caught on the HBO dram  show “hard knocks”. He is eventually cut literally days before he gets like 20 million dollars guaranteed in his contract date cuss he’s was too much drama. The patriots then sign him and he lives with Tom Brady to make sure he is on his best behavior. Tom loves him and in the one game he plays he’s targeted like 8 times and had a touchdown. Somewhere immediately after accusations that he sexually assaulted some woman in Boston come up and the patriots cut him. Apparently living with Tom Brady and being around his wife and kids and 24/7 supervision couldn’t stop him from being stupid. After this he does a bunch of weird stuff on twitter like release rap albums and go to college and writes some of the worst papers you’ll ever read. Oh and I remember at one point his baby momma called the cops on him to get her kids back or something wild and he Facebook live streamed the cops taking his kids. Now he has just received an 8 game suspension so whoever picks him up can’t even use him for half a season and clearly he will start problems.. oh and all that was in one year lord knows what he’s done years before that. 

I hope this catches you up on why he is nothing like Julio. I’d imagine if he played he would still be awesome but he’s worse than TO ever was and everyone eventually got tired of him too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Well AB demanded out of Pittsburgh and when he did all the bad stuff that the team had been hiding from the public came out. Apparently it had been brewing for a while but it came to a boil when he didn’t win team MVP and they gave it to juju and he said stuff like “this guy cost us the playoffs when he dropped that ball” and he skipped the last game of the year in anger. He apparently is a ego maniac a-hole and on one occasion got mad over nothing and started throwing furniture out of his condo and almost hit a baby with a sofa. He then is traded to the raiders where his antics are on full display from day one with him accidentally giving his feet awful frost bite by not using proper gear in a cryogenic chamber he then has a public hissy fit over not getting to use his helmet because the NFL made that model not safe after 10 years of use so he tries to have it painted and sneak onto the practice field when he is caught he cries and leaves practice and doesn’t return for days and this is all caught on the HBO dram  show “hard knocks”. He is eventually cut literally days before he gets like 20 million dollars guaranteed in his contract date cuss he’s was too much drama. The patriots then sign him and he lives with Tom Brady to make sure he is on his best behavior. Tom loves him and in the one game he plays he’s targeted like 8 times and had a touchdown. Somewhere immediately after accusations that he sexually assaulted some woman in Boston come up and the patriots cut him. Apparently living with Tom Brady and being around his wife and kids and 24/7 supervision couldn’t stop him from being stupid. After this he does a bunch of weird stuff on twitter like release rap albums and go to college and writes some of the worst papers you’ll ever read. Oh and I remember at one point his baby momma called the cops on him to get her kids back or something wild and he Facebook live streamed the cops taking his kids. Now he has just received an 8 game suspension so whoever picks him up can’t even use him for half a season and clearly he will start problems.. oh and all that was in one year lord knows what he’s done years before that. 

I hope this catches you up on why he is nothing like Julio. I’d imagine if he played he would still be awesome but he’s worse than TO ever was and everyone eventually got tired of him too. 

All quality stuff but TO was awesome to own in fantasy of he was on the field.

If Antonio brown comes back and gets signed his talent will make him an immediate fantasy factor come week 9. 

GB

Houston

Seattle

Miami

Baltimore

All teams that would take a serious look.

27 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

All quality stuff but TO was awesome to own in fantasy of he was on the field.

If Antonio brown comes back and gets signed his talent will make him an immediate fantasy factor come week 9. 

GB

Houston

Seattle

Miami

Baltimore

All teams that would take a serious look.

I agree just filling in the OP on what they missed since they said they didn’t watch much football last year.

Personally I would love to see AB in a ravens uniform I think they have enough veteran leadership to keep AB from being a problem for the team.. his off the field problems however?? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

staying as far away as possible.  no thanks.  

In a shallow league, sure. But when looking at the likes of Russell Gage and Tre’Quan Smith at the end of a 20rd draft, why take waiver wire fodder over a lotto dart throw?

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 6:41 AM, Stonej14 said:

Personally I would love to see AB in a ravens uniform I think they have enough veteran leadership to keep AB from being a problem for the team.. his off the field problems however?? 

I think with Baltimore cutting Earl Thomas today, they will no longer be considering Mr Brown's services.

On 8/22/2020 at 8:41 AM, Arrowhead said:

Jones is on a NFL roster.

1 hour ago, DeliciousGravy said:

I think with Baltimore cutting Earl Thomas today, they will no longer be considering Mr Brown's services.

yep I’d say if earl was too much drama for them than AB is leaps and bounds too much.
It’s a Shame tho. I wish Lamar had an elite WR to toss the rock too. Imagine how much better he could be

Posted (edited)
On 8/23/2020 at 1:18 PM, Flyman75 said:

In a shallow league, sure. But when looking at the likes of Russell Gage and Tre’Quan Smith at the end of a 20rd draft, why take waiver wire fodder over a lotto dart throw?

Because I don't want to be tempted to hold him for weeks while missing out on players that can make a difference.  The first couple of weeks is the best time to add players. 

Brown may NEVER sign with a team.  Rather have room on the roster for this years Scary Terry or whoever else emerges early

Edited by Funkenstein
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

Because I don't want to be tempted to hold him for weeks while missing out on players that can make a difference.  The first couple of weeks is the best time to add players. 

Brown may NEVER sign with a team.  Rather have room on the roster for this years Scary Terry or whoever else emerges early

if you only have one bench spot-  agreed.   

Posted (edited)

Antonio brown or Josh Gordon? Who should I waste a roster spot on? 

-neither

Edited by scheibler
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2020 at 5:41 AM, Arrowhead said:

JJ didnt secretly record conversations with his coach and turn them into in a national tv spot....

On 8/25/2020 at 3:51 AM, Funkenstein said:

In a draft as deep as this one, there are none of those guys available. It’s literal waiver fodder that will never be rostered in a normal-sized league.