K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

9 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

In a draft as deep as this one, there are none of those guys available. It’s literal waiver fodder that will never be rostered in a normal-sized league. 

Until week one

4 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

Until week one

We have 12-man benches. For instance, Fournette getting cut created no movement...because the other four RBs were already drafted. I have zero issue carrying AB while I have 11 other guys on my bench. 

• Like 1

This guy doesn't deserve to play in the NFL again. I hope he never does.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

This guy doesn't deserve to play in the NFL again. I hope he never does.

Agree. Total clowm show.

• Like 2

So he's suspended for the first 8 games of the season but he has a hearing next week on the 15th for his civil suit and the NFL could potentially lengthen that suspension.  

I just added him with the anticipation of dropping him next week if the suspension goes further than 8 games. With the COVID-19 dilemma and the potential for more injuries this year with no pre-season and limited training camp I could see a team signing him if the hearing goes well and/or a WR goes down on a contender.  I think its worth a speculative add before the news wave hits depending on league size and bench depth. 

I doubt a team will sign him until he comes off suspension right? No way I could stash him for months on the chance a team signs him into a spot he can be productive. Tying a roster spot up with a long-term stash like that has a real opportunity cost.

Does the Suspension start at the start of this season? or does the suspension Start once he has signed with a team?

15 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Does the Suspension start at the start of this season? or does the suspension Start once he has signed with a team?

From what I recall, start of season. But can increase pending his civil lawsuits.

Looking at week 4/5 to start seeing if there is room for him on my teams.

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

I doubt a team will sign him until he comes off suspension right? No way I could stash him for months on the chance a team signs him into a spot he can be productive. Tying a roster spot up with a long-term stash like that has a real opportunity cost.

I think a team will sign him in the next 3-4 weeks (barring no further games), especially if they lose a top end guy.  That would give him a month to get familiar with the system and get some practice in.

From a fantasy perspective, Its definitely case by case.  Last year I drafted and held Hunt till he came back in week 10, I was lucky enough to have a solid squad with little to no injuries so I wasn't put in a position where I had to consider dumping him.  That turned into a piece I needed to acquire Miles Sanders and that worked out. 

I don't see the harm in grabbing him now and stashing him if your team is in the position to do so.  Obviously things change week to week but if he does come back and its to the right team it could be the difference maker.  If the suspension gets extended further next week then you can cut bait and not really lose much imo. 

48 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

I don't see the harm in grabbing him now and stashing him if your team is in the position to do so.  Obviously things change week to week but if he does come back and its to the right team it could be the difference maker.  If the suspension gets extended further next week then you can cut bait and not really lose much imo

Well there definitely can be harm. It also can work out. I've done the long term stash thing quite a few times, and results vary. Sometimes the guys helps during the stretch run, sometimes he doesn't. Not a big deal as long as you don't miss any huge waiver adds because of that bench spot. But I hate when people justify it by saying not much is lost, because that's not always true. 

I agree with you though that it is a case by case thing. Both regarding the player involved, and the particular team/league you're considering it in. This one for me is a hard pass though, at least right now

Today news out that Texans and "other teams" may be interested.  If he signs somewhere, will he be able to play week 9?  He's 32, not too old, hopefully fresh from not playing in a while, but maybe rusty.  Trying to decide if he's worth a stash "just in case."

10 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Today news out that Texans and "other teams" may be interested.  If he signs somewhere, will he be able to play week 9?  He's 32, not too old, hopefully fresh from not playing in a while, but maybe rusty.  Trying to decide if he's worth a stash "just in case."

Texans would be my guess. They need a WR1 bad.

10 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Sure. Why not if you have a burnable roster spot?

He has been keeping in shape. Just needs a team to sign him and get him the playbook so he can start studying.

with all the injuries around the league, teams are dumb not to look into adding "better" talent to their rosters.

Who cares about his diva self. just produce on the field and get me to a SB.

26 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Texans would be my guess. They need a WR1 bad.

Is it worth it for Houston, though? He's got an 8-game suspension coming, and is it really worth signing him if they lose Sunday and are sitting at 0-3, because the playoffs aren't going to be happening for the Texans if they lose that game? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Is it worth it for Houston, though? He's got an 8-game suspension coming, and is it really worth signing him if they lose Sunday and are sitting at 0-3, because the playoffs aren't going to be happening for the Texans if they lose that game? 

Eh. They still got Vikings, Jags 2x, Browns, Lions, and Bengals. Then i'm sure they can maybe go 3-1 vs the Colts and Texans. 9-7 is a potential playoff spot in that division.

Obviously, that isn't all that likely but being down 0-3 puts you at a huge disadvantage. However, the point is their ROS schedule is fairly soft where if they don't suck they can still make a run at it. 

• Like 1

Just now, brosephd said:

so he's eligible to return week 9?

It's an 8-game suspension, correct? If so, it would be game 10 if he signed today or tomorrow. 

Just now, brosephd said:

so he's eligible to return week 9?

Everything I have read says so. I think the biggest hurdle now is his civil suits and how they play out. Based on that, the NFL could decide to hand out additional suspension time. It appears interested teams are holding flying patterns until that dust has settled.

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

It's an 8-game suspension, correct? If so, it would be game 10 if he signed today or tomorrow. 

I believe the suspension started at the beginning of the season even though he was unsigned.

just trying to find the best time to possibly have a sneaky stash. so looks like by week 7 if you can afford it. 

• Like 1

Just now, pdizzle710 said:

I believe the suspension started at the beginning of the season even though he was unsigned.

Okay, well that would be helpful for the team that signs him. Odd...but helpful. It's weird to me that he's serving a suspension without even being on a team. It would seem to make sense that his suspension would start when he was actually under contract. 

4 minutes ago, pdizzle710 said:

I though suspensions didn't kick in until the player signs. Can anyone confirm it either way?

• Like 1