K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I though suspensions didn't kick in until the player signs. Can anyone confirm it either way?

This is why I just cut him in redraft. That was my impression.

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I though suspensions didn't kick in until the player signs. Can anyone confirm it either way?

I found conflicting reports, lol. 

This article has a tweet saying his suspension starts when he signs: https://sportsnaut.com/antonio-brown-suspended-eight-games-for-violation-of-nfl-personal-conduct-policy/#:~:text=He's being suspended for violating,he signs%2C per league source.

This article says it started week one: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/31/antonio-brown-gets-an-eight-game-suspension/.

Personally, I would tend to lean toward trusting PFT. 

Per ProFootball Talk:

His suspension begins Week One, regardless if Brown is on a roster. It will last through Week Eight (if not signed) or his team’s eighth game (if signed).

The league could extend Brown’s suspension if further violations are found related to an ongoing civil suit in Florida, according to Pelissero.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/31/report-antonio-brown-accepts-suspension-wont-appeal/

• Like 1

I would wet my pants if Brown signed with the Texans. Make it happen!

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Imo IF he got signed it would be a serious contender. Balt or Seattle. If it wasn't them maybe NO or GB. I highly doubt anyone goes for it tho. If we're playing highly unlikely imagine the chiefs LMAO

20 minutes ago, CooL said:

Of course he’d say that, no sense in insulting his current WR corps. What’s he going to say? “Yeah, we’re definitely going after Antonio Brown because what we have now just isn’t cutting it.”

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Imo IF he got signed it would be a serious contender. Balt or Seattle. If it wasn't them maybe NO or GB. I highly doubt anyone goes for it tho. If we're playing highly unlikely imagine the chiefs LMAO

Why would it have to be a serious contender? A serious contender is such because they already have the necessary pieces in place. They may think the negatives outweigh the positives for their team. Or, they may go all in and deal with his BS.

A not-so-serious contender like Houston needs a player like AB if they want to contend, so they may put up with the negatives to reap the positives. 

AB won’t have much say in the matter, he’ll have to take what he can get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAG_challam said:

Worth a wait and see stash before anyone else in the league thinks the same? How soon to grab him is too soon?

Grabbed him today. Whether or not it’s too soon is impossible to know without reading the mind of your league mates, and/or knowing when a team may sign him. If Schefter tweets tomorrow that “Houston has agreed to terms with Antonio Brown...” how long do you think AB would be on your waiver wire?

I pulled the trigger under the presumption that he will sign with someone and be a WR1 beginning week 9. It’s going to be tricky through the byes, but if I’m believing he will, in fact, be a completely healthy WR1 beginning week 9 for team X, it’s not a whole lot different than being a Michael Thomas, or CMAC owner at this point, minus the AB unpredictability. 

Edited by Lamont Sanford

3 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Grabbed him today. Whether or not it’s too soon is impossible to know without reading the mind of your league mates, and/or knowing when a team may sign him. If Schefter tweets tomorrow that “Houston has agreed to terms with Antonio Brown...” how long do you think AB would be on your waiver wire?

I pulled the trigger under the presumption that he will sign with someone and be a WR1 beginning week 9. It’s going to be tricky through the byes, but if I’m believing he will, in fact, be a completely healthy WR1 beginning week 9 for team X, it’s not a whole lot different than being a Michael Thomas, or CMAC owner at this point, minus the AB unpredictability. 

Good point. Thanks

gonna be tough to hold on to him through the bye weeks unless you have very deep benches and IR spots.  also, this is AB were talking about.  you guys are acting like he is not a person with serious mental concerns.  i do not say that lightly, its just facts.  to assume he is randy moss joining the pats and that he just needs a change of scenery is just a clear avoidance of the facts of who he is.  if hoodie/brady couldnt keep him in check, what makes you think any other team could....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, herschel said:

if hoodie/brady couldnt keep him in check, what makes you think any other team could....

To be fair all his craziness that happen to him was before he sign with the Pats and was just coming to light when he was on there. He didn't really do anything bad while on the Pats roster. 

6 minutes ago, Jon21 said:

To be fair all his craziness that happen to him was before he sign with the Pats and was just coming to light when he was on there. He didn't really do anything bad while on the Pats roster. 

fair enough, but just check his twitter feed to assess his mental stability.  reads like a poor mans yeezy.  all thats missing is him taking a piss on a rothlisberger jersey....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, herschel said:

gonna be tough to hold on to him through the bye weeks unless you have very deep benches and IR spots.  also, this is AB were talking about.  you guys are acting like he is not a person with serious mental concerns.  i do not say that lightly, its just facts.  to assume he is randy moss joining the pats and that he just needs a change of scenery is just a clear avoidance of the facts of who he is.  if hoodie/brady couldnt keep him in check, what makes you think any other team could....

He’s high risk/potential high reward. The risk obviously is holding him for 2 months and potentially missing other waiver hits especially as players keep getting hurt. There’s a chance he steps in somewhere 2nd half of the season and looks great. I’ve seen it go both ways with long term stashes so I don’t want to try to convince people either way. I just hate when people say there’s nothing to lose by holding them on the end of their bench.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, herschel said:

Nobody’s acting like that. We’re all well aware of AB’s issues and taking that into consideration. It’s precisely those issues that allow us the opportunity to have arguably the best WR on the planet stashed on our bench for week 9.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 2

Why are we talking about this dude? It's week 3 and he's suspended 8 games. Plus, how long will it take him to learn the playbook? He also has played only one game in the past 1.5 seasons by the time he's allowed to play.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Why are we talking about this dude?

The unresolved question is whether that 8 game timer starts at the beginning of the season, or when he signs with a team.

If it's when he signs I agree this thread is meaningless. 

1 minute ago, vercrazy said:

The unresolved question is whether that 8 game timer starts at the beginning of the season, or when he signs with a team.

Plus doesn't he have ongoing civil suits still?  Isn't it up to Goodell's discretion in terms of making the suspension even longer?  

As we've seen with Josh Gordon, it can drag on and on.  JG still hasn't been reinstated and I feel like there was talk about him quite a while ago.

2 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Pretty sure this question has been answered.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Suspension started Week 1. He didn't need to be signed. In a few weeks after every player has been picked over, I guess it is worth a shot, but again I wouldn't be wasting roster space for this guy at this point. He's not signed with anybody so that makes a difference. There is no clarity to his situation at all. He will have five games to get in game shape before the fantasy playoffs begin, if he is even reinstated immediately. I commend whoever would have the balls to use him in their playoff lineup.

Edited by FitzMagic

At this rate no fantasy relevant players will be left uninjured come week 9, so some fresh meat then might be nice...at least until his 3rd practice when he shreds his hamstring line everyone else this year. 

23 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Why are we talking about this dude? It's week 3 and he's suspended 8 games. Plus, how long will it take him to learn the playbook? He also has played only one game in the past 1.5 seasons by the time he's allowed to play.

I think he's being talked about because that one game was pretty ridiculous, coming off three practice days with the team.

That and he is a certified nutcase, but also was playing at a Hall of Fame pace.  Both things are true.