K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

The rule is different now and the time is served whether he’s on a team or not. So he comes off week 9 but could face more discipline if he’s in more trouble after the civil trial. Is he still a hold for dynasty? He didn’t get drafted or picked up in our dynast startup this year. 

1 minute ago, TheForearmShiver said:

The rule is different now and the time is served whether he’s on a team or not. So he comes off week 9 but could face more discipline if he’s in more trouble after the civil trial. Is he still a hold for dynasty? He didn’t get drafted or picked up in our dynast startup this year. 

I like this change in the rule just as an aside. It costs the offending player the games and doesn't punish the teams that sign him - makes actual sense for a change.

Considering what Brown could do for a team like HOU that does make him relevant now imo even though he won't play till Wk 9 earliest. A lot of the situation depends on AB and how serious he supposedly is about this. If he's truly serious he's likely up in Siberia or wherever it was Rocky went in Rocky IV to lift logs and drag loads of stuff by sleigh. Assuming he's staying in that kind of shape conditioning is not going to be much of a problem - but getting into football shape/learning a playbook will. He likely won't be taking on a true role until at least Week 11 or so. And then of course is the obvious question - is he going to act like a sane human being. That seems quite a bit less likely to me than his being in shape - but he knows what he'll have to do in this situation - keep his mouth shut or be gone. It's not complicated what he has to do in that department so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. It would be damn interesting to see if this guy could actually keep his mouth shut for 7 weeks.

I'd think there is a very tiny sample of 12+-team league owners in the position right now to not only grab AB but hold him for that long with no return, considering the injury carnage we've seen just through 2 weeks. If you're in that minute percentage it's a high-upside move definitely.

Even if you've been decimated by injuries it would be a no-brainer I'd think if your league allowed an NA slot - most do not.

3 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Why would it have to be a serious contender? A serious contender is such because they already have the necessary pieces in place. They may think the negatives outweigh the positives for their team. Or, they may go all in and deal with his BS.

A not-so-serious contender like Houston needs a player like AB if they want to contend, so they may put up with the negatives to reap the positives. 

AB won’t have much say in the matter, he’ll have to take what he can get.

I agree with the last part. Russell Wilson was asking for him a bunch I read in the past. I believe last year and even this past off season. Also worked out with Lamar and his cousin hollywood. I think those type of teams could handle him and he wouldn't be top dog on teams like that. You don't want another raider situation. You seen how he acted on his short run on the Patriots. He just stfu and played

FWIW, I read a piece not long ago about why we see so many hamstring injuries (among others) in football players, and athletes in general. It was mostly over my head, written by a doctor. But the gist of it is being "conditioned" is not necessarily sufficient. Being conditioned in just the right way is important. For example, you can't just hit the gym and workout, and do a bajillion squats, and be fine. The way the joints, muscle interactions, leg movements actually work, maintaining strong glutes, and other areas, are equally important. The back motion of the run needs to be as strong as the forward. Stuff like that. Didn't really understand it completely (I am not a doctor) - but it definitely made sense. It also said that with the collective bargaining agreement, teams can no longer have contact with the players outside the season - which includes the trainers. So these players are on their own all off-season to stay in shape and conditioned, and they simply don't always do it the right way.

So there is certainly risk that AB would not be in "proper" shape if he returns. There is also huge risk in further suspension being levied; or in AB self-destructing again. Or he may have lost a step and not be what he once was.

But the possible upside, the reward, of having a healthy, productive AB down the stretch, no matter how small in likelihood, is HUGE in payout. That's why we're talking about him.

Edited by JAG_challam
  • Like 1

This feels like Josh Gordon deja vu from pretty much every year.  There was a season where I would add Josh every week hoping for news.  Then drop him for somebody else that I needed for the week, then pick him back up through waivers.  My league thought I was nuts.  Of course the one week I didn't pick him up was the week he announced he was coming back or something like that.  It's all a blur.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Suspension started Week 1. He didn't need to be signed. In a few weeks after every player has been picked over, I guess it is worth a shot, but again I wouldn't be wasting roster space for this guy at this point. He's not signed with anybody so that makes a difference. There is no clarity to his situation at all. He will have five games to get in game shape before the fantasy playoffs begin, if he is even reinstated immediately. I commend whoever would have the balls to use him in their playoff lineup.

1st off AB stays in game shape....5 games is plenty enough time for AB to be ready come playoffs, he should actually be hitting on all cylinders within a few games or so, he will be dialed in and a target hog come wk 14/15/16. In just a week of practice with the Patriots AB got 8targets/4recs/56yds/1TD and 1rush for 5yds, that’s 16pts PPR

There’s one thing about AB (putting all his craziness aside) is that there is nobody that will outwork him on the practice field, dude is a machine when its preparation time wether on the field or in the gym, call him crazy which I do agree but he’s as big as a competitor than u will see in the league, AB thrives on being Great and being the best, I’m pretty sure he will be an instant success wherever he goes. We should realize that there are some hurdles still and who knows he could get his suspension extended, but I’d rather him be sitting on my bench marinading until the smoke clears and he’s free. I’m risking some precious bench space but he’s well worth the reward if everything pans out. 

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

There’s one thing about AB (putting all his craziness aside) is that there is nobody that will outwork him on the practice field, dude is a machine when its preparation time wether on the field or in the gym, call him crazy which I do agree but he’s as big as a competitor than u will see in the league

Yeah I do agree with this. It is his reputation.

• Thanks 1

I saw someone referenced the Saints a page or so ago as a possibility...people forget he nearly ended up there last year, and then nuked that bridge via social media.

• Like 1

RESERVE SPOT LEAGUE WINNER LOL..

I picked him up this week after losing Sutton and have been trolling my league mates (mostly Steelers fans) posting gifs with WEEK9 along with it. That alone has made picking him up worth it.. If you have a reserve spot it seems stupid not to roster him. A few months ago betting sites had favourable odds for him playing this yr fwiw. 

tenor-1.gif

• Like 1

Noob to Yahoo...I currently have to two empty IR spots....is there a way to add him straight to IR?  Looks like the app won't let me add him w/out dropping someone...

23 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Noob to Yahoo...I currently have to two empty IR spots....is there a way to add him straight to IR?  Looks like the app won't let me add him w/out dropping someone...

I don't play yahoo. But you would have to roster him before moving to reserve spot if possible in yahoo. 

• Thanks 1

Now’s the time to pick him up if you can swing it. Someone else is going to swipe him in the next coming week/weeks if you don’t. You won’t find WR upside on the wire like this the rest of the way 

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

10 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Of course he’d say that, no sense in insulting his current WR corps. What’s he going to say? “Yeah, we’re definitely going after Antonio Brown because what we have now just isn’t cutting it.”

Or maybe he could say "yeah, I look like a total clown show having traded Nuk, so here's another clown to make it worse."

• Haha 1

An endorsement from Deion Sanders:

Yes, you can trust him. You know why? Because he’s hungry. Because he hasn’t been on that stage — unless he was rapping — in quite some time, and he missed those wonderful, cool, loving hand claps of those adoring fans that named him and titled him ‘AB.’ Oh, yes, you can trust him right now. You know why? Because he hasn’t received an NFL check in quite some time. When you separate a man from his money, life gets tough.

Deion Sanders

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Yes, but the commissioner in your league has to make a change to allow it.

The man is 32, hasn't seen the field going on 2 years now, a toxic teammate for any NFL team, a complete piece of **** IRL.

I'm all in baby, league winner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, CletisVanDamme said:

No. Suspended players are not eligible for IR.

1 hour ago, Kilo said:

Yes, but the commissioner in your league has to make a change to allow it.

But that's really really uncommon and should never been done in-season. Given that he says it can't be done now, that should be the final answer this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

An endorsement from Deion Sanders:

Yes, you can trust him. You know why? Because he’s hungry. Because he hasn’t been on that stage — unless he was rapping — in quite some time, and he missed those wonderful, cool, loving hand claps of those adoring fans that named him and titled him ‘AB.’ Oh, yes, you can trust him right now. You know why? Because he hasn’t received an NFL check in quite some time. When you separate a man from his money, life gets tough.

Deion Sanders

Lets go!! He burned me last year. He owes me one just dropped hamler for him.

• Like 1

Iggles would be a good fit ... him & DJax cut from the same dbag cloth - they could compare notes & ish, and regale us with dual social mediaz fare!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Iggles would be a good fit ... him & DJax cut from the same dbag cloth - they could compare notes & ish, and regale us with dual social mediaz fare!

Very true. DJax basically praised Hitler and still has a job so what has AB done compared to that? I say sign him. Have the most morally corrupt yet talented starting WRs in the NFL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Very true. DJax basically praised Hitler and still has a job so what has AB done compared to that? I say sign him. Have the most morally corrupt yet talented starting WRs in the NFL.

Cleatz always gets it 😁

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Would match their fanbase...

the NFL suspension could be extended if more information comes to light on Brown, particularly in the ongoing civil case with a woman who claims Brown raped her.

Brown faces charges from another woman in a sexual assault case, and is also dealing with charges including felony burglary conveyance, misdemeanor battery and misdemeanor criminal mischief.

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/are-the-houston-texans-really-interested-in-signing-talented-but-troubled-wr-antonio-brown

I don't see him getting back this season. He's a **** head and likely not worth the grief.