K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

11 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Could still work out. Hyde’s not necessarily going to be a great fantasy asset just because Carson got hurt. We’re not even sure how long Carson will be out. Seattle has a bye week 6, so Carson may be back week 7. Plus, Penny’s back week 8. 

Definitely sucks dropping Hyde the week Carson gets hurt, but AB production from weeks 9-16 would likely reap more fantasy benefits than Hyde production weeks 4 and 5. Of course, it all hinges on AB signing.

Yeah, and I'm not even sure how confident I'd be to start Hyde. I've got Carson, JRob, Hunt, and Gordon - so JRob and Hunt will slide into the two RB slots, and I'll probably look to my WRs for the two flex spots depending on matchups, and use Gordon to cover the RB BYEs.

6 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/are-the-houston-texans-really-interested-in-signing-talented-but-troubled-wr-antonio-brown

I don't see him getting back this season. He's a **** head and likely not worth the grief.

Nothing new there. Most of us are fully aware of AB’s situation and have factored that into the “risk” of stashing him on our roster. If he gets suspended longer, or if it becomes necessary to drop him for some other reason no biggie. But I’d venture to guess that 99% of fantasy teams are rostering someone virtually worthless compared to AB’s upside.  

If/when he plays for Houston, or any other team, and puts up AB numbers from week 9-16, missing out on the Wayne Gallmans, Chris Conleys, and Frank Gores of the world for a few weeks will have been well worth it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Nothing new there. Most of us are fully aware of AB’s situation and have factored that into the “risk” of stashing him on our roster. If he gets suspended longer, or if it becomes necessary to drop him for some other reason no biggie. But I’d venture to guess that 99% of fantasy teams are rostering someone virtually worthless compared to AB’s upside.  

If/when he plays for Houston, or any other team, and puts up AB numbers from week 9-16, missing out on the Wayne Gallmans, Chris Conleys, and Frank Gores of the world for a few weeks will have been well worth it. 

Hey, do what you want I'm just posting a reminder. Accused of two different sexual assaults in this climate is likely game over.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Hey, do what you want I'm just posting a reminder. Accused of two different sexual assaults in this climate is likely game over.

Sure. So is sucking at football - a lot of us roster those guys too :D

8 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Fair enough, I shouldn’t assume everyone is aware of everything.

Also, I’m not suggesting AB playing again is a sure thing by any means. I just think his potential is worth stashing relative to what’s left on the waiver wire at this point. An easy drop if/when necessary.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JAG_challam said:

Sure. So is sucking at football - a lot of us roster those guys too :D

The thing is there's a lot of certainty based on history that there will be sleepers who breakout. I also feel there should be a lot of certainty that Brown does no play this season given the accusations against him, given his most recent behaviors in the league and given the league's aversion to having sexual predators in the NFL. I don't care if he's Primetime's boy. Primetime isn't the father of one of these women he raped.

18 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

The thing is there's a lot of certainty based on history that there will be sleepers who breakout. I also feel there should be a lot of certainty that Brown does no play this season given the accusations against him, given his most recent behaviors in the league and given the league's aversion to having sexual predators in the NFL. I don't care if he's Primetime's boy. Primetime isn't the father of one of these women he raped.

Sounds like you're more anti AB for personal reasons than for football reasons.

And that's fine, I used to struggle with this exact same thing sometimes. But at the end of the day, a fantasy roster is not an endorsement of a person off the field. It's an endorsement of a person on the field, nothing more. And on the field, few can match AB. Believe me, he's an extremely unlikely to amount to anything, very end of the bench stash. But if he does step foot on a field this year, he's got a better shot at delivering a chip than just about any other end of the bench stash. You can't deny that, regardless of how you feel about him personally.

And for the record, personally, I think he's a piece of trash. Just so happens that he's a piece of trash that's one of the best WRs of all time.

Edit to add: And just to put it out there... This is still America. He is innocent until proven otherwise. Regardless of what you or I or anyone else thinks in our own court of the mind, he has yet to have any trial or verdict.

Edited by JAG_challam

I’m no legal expert, but if guilty, why wouldn’t AB just settle his civil cases out of court? If so, there’s a really good shot (imo) that he could avoid further suspension, then sign and earn that money right back, and then some. 

Edited by Lamont Sanford

Just now, Spyplane said:

There are lots of examples of players sidelined due to accusations yet proven in a court of law.

I don't know if he's guilty or not but there is lot of smoke and he has a history of being a very difficult personality. He's not going to sell jerseys. He might help win games but he will be a major distraction during a season already with more than enough distractions. He has no contract and the NFL is not obligated to be his employer. He's ruined himself through his own actions. 

We'll find out of this take is accurate over the coming weeks, for sure. And if it is, I'll find a new end of bench stash. And if it isn't, I'll have a fantastic WR for the stretch run. :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I’m no legal expert, but if guilty, why wouldn’t AB just settle his civil cases out of court? If so, there’s a really good shot (imo) that he could avoid further suspension, then sign and earn that money right back, and then some. 

You try being that guy's lawyer and convincing him to admit fault.

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2020 at 9:40 AM, JE7HorseGod said:

Matter of fact, one member of his legal team has stepped away. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mrmann1 said:

Just saw that. Tomorrow is the deadline for Brown to turn over texts. 

Edited by Lamont Sanford

2 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

If the text were innocent enough or didn't show him in a bad light he would have turned them over by now.

That's an ominous sign if true.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2020 at 9:22 AM, Lamont Sanford said:

On 9/28/2020 at 9:40 AM, JE7HorseGod said:

11 minutes ago, Mrmann1 said:

9 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If the text were innocent enough or didn't show him in a bad light he would have turned them over by now.

That's an ominous sign if true.

ChiefWateryAntlion-small.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The trial is set for December? That’s weird thought it had already started this month. If that is true, what happens after Brown’s 8game suspension is up? There would be no verdict until Sept in his civil case.

Per Tom Pelissero:
Hancock -- who also represented Brown in his felony burglary and assault/battery case -- cited “irreconcilable differences” for his decision to withdraw from the civil case. The trial is set for December. Brown is serving an eight-game NFL suspension for two unrelated matters.

Edited by Tomei7

Really want to drop....... could use the bench space.

But I KNOW another league mate will hold....

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Heizz said:

Weird, because nobody in my league is wasting a roster spot on this dude. After this week it is another month minimum before he is even eligible to return to the league. That's assuming he is immediately reinstated. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Weird, because nobody in my league is wasting a roster spot on this dude. After this week it is another month minimum before he is even eligible to return to the league. That's assuming he is immediately reinstated. 

You should go back and read the Josh Gordon threads from 2014-2019... So many are willing to stash year after year.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

You should go back and read the Josh Gordon threads from 2014-2019

Note: nobody should follow this advice.  You were warned.

• Haha 8

13 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah at this point it isn't looking good.  His lawyer widthdrew from the case so its one of two if not a combination of ghe charges holding much more merit than initially thought and/or AB has been lying to his lawyer about specifics of the case.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Heizz said:

Where do you get your weed?

Edited by JJ1223
  • Haha 2