K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

12 minutes ago, mjb said:

Everything points to him being a team "cancer." He might become eligible soon, but it's hard to see a good organization/playoff team, bringing in AB.  A ton of baggage, that most don't want to deal with, I'd be surprised.

I wonder if it'd make sense for a team in the NFC East (besides the Cowboys since they have WRs) to sign him for a small amount. They are all in a weird position where they don't have much to lose, but can also still compete for a playoff spot. If that even makes sense... They also get the potential benefit of keeping him for next year if he happens to be mentally stable.

36 minutes ago, harck said:

I honestly think he plays this year. Whether he gets cut again is another story, but he is staying in football shape, keeping up his training, and is adamant he wants to play this year (based on that radio interview a week or so back).

There is going to be a team desperate enough for a WR1 rental that will sign him (I'm betting Ravens). His cousin is there, he has worked out with Lamar in the offseason, and the Ravens have looked vulnerable this year from their poor showing against KC to a ravaged Philly team taking them down to the wire. Snead and Boykin have looked terrible. PIT is also looking strong this year, which will only drive the Ravens' motivation to improve their roster.

I say this strictly from a football perspective though, I have no idea how his court case is progressing or if it will hold him out of play.

Ravens make sense in terms of football need, but I wonder what their appetite is for extracurriculars after what they went through with Earl Thomas.

27 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Ravens make sense in terms of football need, but I wonder what their appetite is for extracurriculars after what they went through with Earl Thomas.

At least Earl Thomas' exploits were consenual.

I know in a Barstool interview with Deion Sanders with AB on the phone, AB was asked if he’d be interested in joining the Bears and he said “No not with Nick Foles there”. The guy obviously has no filter, u think he would be a lil more humble rn but maybe he already knows he won’t play this yr, so why not be ignorant.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

I love this so much.  I had AB that year and that gif was my team logo😂

Ill be Surprised he plays another down. ever

• Like 1

I think people are crazy to think this has a possibility of happening, the owners will conspire to keep AB out of the league. AB presents nothing but pure downside for a team & the league. 

He’s like a walking poster boy for CTE. Hes pure toxic waste, no owner would reasonably want to roll the dice on a possible Aaron Hernandez level lunatic. The reward is absolutely not worth the risk.

• Like 2

His own lawyer gave up on him. This guy is done. He has shown no accountability whatsoever. He's either a complete a** hole or has severe CTE or both. No team wants to sign up for that. Not to mention he's 32 and hasn't played in a year.  Anyone actually believe he's staying in football shape ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

His own lawyer gave up on him. This guy is done. He has shown no accountability whatsoever. He's either a complete a** hole or has severe CTE or both. No team wants to sign up for that. Not to mention he's 32 and hasn't played in a year.  Anyone actually believe he's staying in football shape ?

I believe he is staying in shape. I've worked my rosters to keep him on my team so far.

Plenty of reprobates are let back into the league. David Irving was just reinstated.  I don't agree with a lot of the decisions made by the NFL but I'm playing fantasy football. If there is a chance of ABs talents reaching the football field I want it on my team and not someone else's for a playoff run.

He is younger than Julio, his talents are not gone, I know it's illogical to hold him and I might have to drop him this week but after week 8 the rumor mill will be in full swing for his impending return and it seems like Houston, Miami, Chargers, Ravens, Eagles and more teams would have serious interest.

If he isn't signed by someone during the week of week 9 then I think it would take an injury for AB to get signed.

The Texans WRs would be ugly if they lost Cools or Fuller.

Same could be said for the Eagles, immediate upgrade for them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Sorry to burst your bubble but since he didn’t comply with his issues the ship has long sailed away for a week 9 return. They aren’t going to listen to him again until December. He won’t be accepted back in the league until he meets the requirements and goes through his case now. He screwed it up twice in last 3 weeks. Pretty much ineligible to return this year. 
- and the smallest possibility he does. By that time our fantasy season will be over. 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, luckyshim said:

I wonder if it'd make sense for a team in the NFC East (besides the Cowboys since they have WRs) to sign him for a small amount. They are all in a weird position where they don't have much to lose, but can also still compete for a playoff spot. If that even makes sense... They also get the potential benefit of keeping him for next year if he happens to be mentally stable.

So you mean maybe they can get some cheap cancer?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I believe he is staying in shape. I've worked my rosters to keep him on my team so far.

Plenty of reprobates are let back into the league. David Irving was just reinstated.  I don't agree with a lot of the decisions made by the NFL but I'm playing fantasy football. If there is a chance of ABs talents reaching the football field I want it on my team and not someone else's for a playoff run.

He is younger than Julio, his talents are not gone, I know it's illogical to hold him and I might have to drop him this week but after week 8 the rumor mill will be in full swing for his impending return and it seems like Houston, Miami, Chargers, Ravens, Eagles and more teams would have serious interest.

If he isn't signed by someone during the week of week 9 then I think it would take an injury for AB to get signed.

The Texans WRs would be ugly if they lost Cools or Fuller.

Same could be said for the Eagles, immediate upgrade for them.

Gd luck with that, I’ve had AB on a few teams and dropped him in all leagues once I found out the following:

1) His Rape Case will not be finished until December of this yr(I’m almost 100% sure, NOT one team will take a chance on someone that is currently being accused of Rape, do u realize how much drama that would bring to a team? not gonna happen) 

2) He also didn’t follow the judges orders already by handing over key evidence, which was a cellphone with text messages(very bad move)

3) A few of his lawyers have walked away, what lawyers do that?(another bad sign)

4) How can he possibly be in the right state of mind to play football while a Rape Case is going on in his life?(guilty or not guilty, that’s a lot to shoulder while playing football, from a player standpoint or organizational standpoint, don’t think that’s possible tbh)

5) FWIW Schefter says, “Don’t expect to see Antonio Brown this season.

Not going to let AB hold my valuable bench spots hostage. AB is not playing this year.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but since he didn’t comply with his issues the ship has long sailed away for a week 9 return. They aren’t going to listen to him again until December. He won’t be accepted back in the league until he meets the requirements and goes through his case now. He screwed it up twice in last 3 weeks. Pretty much ineligible to return this year. 
- and the smallest possibility he does. By that time our fantasy season will be over. 

All of this is correct. I may speak for a smaller percentage of people but I personally don't want to see Antonio Brown play again. He just doesn't deserve to be indulged anymore. There are guys like Travis Fulgham and plenty of others working their ***** off to make it in the NFL. It's time to move on and just let him live in his own bizarre world. No staff member from any of these organizations should have to deal with this headache. Covid19 is enough to deal with, let alone this selfish mess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

All of this is correct. I may speak for a smaller percentage of people but I personally don't want to see Antonio Brown play again. He just doesn't deserve to be indulged anymore. There are guys like Travis Fulgham and plenty of others working their ***** off to make it in the NFL. It's time to move on and just let him live in his own bizarre world. No staff member from any of these organizations should have to deal with this headache. Covid19 is enough to deal with, let alone this selfish mess.

Well put 👍🏼

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crime Dog said:

Assuming he is immediately reinstated following the conclusion of the suspension. I don't think that's a given yet. Also, a team could have still signed him by now and he'd be immediately available to practice after his suspension. He's good to go in two weeks because he would have served the 8-game suspension imposed by the NFL. He could have also been signed prior to the season and participated in camp. It is very telling no team was willing to touch him at all.

Edited by FitzMagic

8 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Assuming he is immediately reinstated following the conclusion of the suspension. I don't think that's a given yet. Also, a team could have still signed him by now and he'd be immediately available to practice after his suspension. He's good to go in two weeks because he would have served the 8-game suspension imposed by the NFL. He could have also been signed prior to the season and participated in camp. It is very telling no team was willing to touch him at all.

Thanks Fitz. So it sounds like there is still the chance that in 2 weeks the NFL does not reinstate him which would mean if a team has him he obviously can't play? I'm just trying to figure out if he's worth stashing. 

Edited by Crime Dog

5 minutes ago, Crime Dog said:

Thanks Fitz. So it sounds like there is still the chance that in 2 weeks the NFL does not reinstate him which would mean if a team has him he obviously can't play? I'm just trying to figure out if he's worth stashing. 

In theory, he is reinstated immediately after serving his suspension. However, the NFL could extend it. We have no clue if that will happen o not. So, for now he's fine to join a team after his suspension is up after week 8. You could stash him, if you have an available roster spot. At this point of the season most of the upside guys could be gone. At the same time, I really would not expect much from AB.

Sign me up.  worst thing that can happen is you just drop in a few days.

If Schefter is reporting this, then teams are definitely interested in him -- this is big. The question now becomes will be if the NFL decides to reinstate him and not suspend him further. I think if he is reinstated week 8, he gets immediately signed by someone. Seahawks or Ravens imo.

Edited by harck