K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Question for the detractors?

Would you enjoy facing AB in the playoffs If the texans, dolphins, or eagles signed him?

i can't see Miami here, Cleatz ... not after turning the keys over to Tua. 

Bell made much more sense for them ... just don't see a cat like Flores welcoming this in to his facility 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Not sure why so many people are trying to rain on the parade here.  

Serious question, would you rather stash AB, or are you content with a Gio Bernard, Adam Humphries, Jamycal Hasty, etc. on your bench?

What is the downside here?  Drop the stooge that you'll never feel confident playing.  Pick up AB and see what percolates in the next few weeks.  If nothing, then move on.  You've literally lost nothing but an inconsequential bench player.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I can say he would be better than Michael Thomas has been so far this year without even blinking.

His talent is what makes him a top 2 WR. If those abilities have diminished I'll be the first to admit it but his preseason workout videos do not support that argument.

that doesn't mean anything. I can say I might poop gold out of my butt. cool. again, you're being certain about something you can't be. Hypothetical AB might have signed with the eagles and had 15 receptions a game and 10 TDs already. or he might have signed with the eagles and gotten in a fight with their WRs coach while warming up in week 1 and never played a down with them ever. 

His talent PLUS getting fed a high volume of targets is what made him a top 2 WR. He's not some certainty the way you are describing him. He's a lotto ticket with a high amount of risk (age, craziness, mid season transition to a new offense/franchise, hasn't played in a year +) and some amount of very high upside (Pitt era AB goodness top 3 WR). If you got the bench spot, grab him, but "he's a top 2 WR" is just not something you can claim right now. You don't now. I don't know. None of us knows.

Hell, even if he DOES join the Seahawks we're not going to know for sure whether or not he's a winning ticket for weeks after. This thread will be pages of "he just needs to get used to the offense/routes, Russ just needs to get used to him, they just need to get their timing down, why isn't AB getting 15 targets per game like he did 3 years ago in Pitt". Basically take like...50 pages of the "Josh Gordon in NE" thread and move it in here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i can't see Miami here, Cleatz ... not after turning the keys over to Tua. 

Bell made much more sense for them ... just don't see a cat like Flores welcoming this in to his facility 🤷‍♂️

You are right, mostly just throwing out the teams that could use an alpha like AB.

If he were to come back which organizations do you think has the cajones to sign him?

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I can say he would be better than Michael Thomas has been so far this year without even blinking.

His talent is what makes him a top 2 WR. If those abilities have diminished I'll be the first to admit it but his preseason workout videos do not support that argument.

Dude u keep saying these preseason workout videos....come on man seriously AB vs Air? or AB vs High School players? Not a very gd evaluation to go off. Terrell Owens/Percy Harvin/Dez Bryant have all looked gd in workout videos.

So it's imaginable Seattle could pair up AB and Josh Gordon; if they resign Christine Michael this forum might explode. 

Edited by jujus-jujubees
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, yossarian said:

that doesn't mean anything. I can say I might poop gold out of my butt. cool. again, you're being certain about something you can't be. Hypothetical AB might have signed with the eagles and had 15 receptions a game and 10 TDs already. or he might have signed with the eagles and gotten in a fight with their WRs coach while warming up in week 1 and never played a down with them ever. 

His talent PLUS getting fed a high volume of targets is what made him a top 2 WR. He's not some certainty the way you are describing him. He's a lotto ticket with a high amount of risk (age, craziness, mid season transition to a new offense/franchise, hasn't played in a year +) and some amount of very high upside (Pitt era AB goodness top 3 WR). If you got the bench spot, grab him, but "he's a top 2 WR" is just not something you can claim right now. You don't now. I don't know. None of us knows.

Hell, even if he DOES join the Seahawks we're not going to know for sure whether or not he's a winning ticket for weeks after. This thread will be pages of "he just needs to get used to the offense/routes, Russ just needs to get used to him, they just need to get their timing down, why isn't AB getting 15 targets per game like he did 3 years ago in Pitt". Basically take like...50 pages of the "Josh Gordon in NE" thread and move it in here.

If Julio sat out a year and a half and was wanting to come back and rumors were out that teams were interested I'd be holding julio just like I'm holding AB.

I have a long leash for HOF talents.

• Like 2

Just now, Tomei7 said:

Dude u keep saying these preseason workout videos....come on man seriously AB vs Air? or AB vs High School players? Not a very gd evaluation to go off. Terrell Owens/Percy Harvin/Dez Bryant have all looked gd in workout videos.

You are free to make your own choices.

AB is a potential hall of famer.

Terrell Owens is a HOF talent that's being blackballed so I'm not surprised his videos look great. 

I can dig it if people are hung up on the morality of rostering AB but I won't believe his talent is gone till I see it. If multiple NFL teams wanna sign him that proves he has some juice in the tank.

6 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Heck I look amazing in workout videos! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You are right, mostly just throwing out the teams that could use an alpha like AB.

If he were to come back which organizations do you think has the cajones to sign him?

there are always only a select few landing spots that could incubate a nutbar like this - respected, winning, tenured leadership ... to keep this jabroni honest - and they are:

1) Hoodie.  

2) KoolAid/'Homie

3) Payton/Brees

4) rahrahPetey/St.Russell

5) ARod

Seattle makes most sense to me, that hippie will welcome him with open arms. 

ARod might be feeling the pinch after the Tampa massacre. 

how hurt is MT13?

Hoodie done danced with AB already. 

KC is out ... but KoolAid just went on record saying they don't turn good players away - but how good is circa 2020 AB?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Terrell Owens is a HOF talent that's being blackballed so I'm not surprised his videos look great. 

I can dig it if people are hung up on the morality of rostering AB but I won't believe his talent is gone till I see it. If multiple NFL teams wanna sign him that proves he has some juice in the tank.

Terrell Owens is also 45 years old. 

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

there are always only a select few landing spots that could incubate a nutbar like this - respected, winning, tenured leadership ... to keep this jabroni honest - and they are:

1) Hoodie.  

2) KoolAid/'Homie

3) Payton/Brees

4) rahrahPetey/St.Russell

5) ARod

Seattle makes most sense to me, that hippie will welcome him with open arms. 

ARod might be feeling the pinch after the Tampa massacre. 

how hurt is MT13?

Hoodie done danced with AB already. 

KC is out ... but KoolAid just went on record saying they don't turn good players away - but how good is circa 2020 AB?

Well, I would want him to go with an elite QB so Russell, Maholmes, or Rodgers would be ideal.

If he made it to a team with an elite throwing QB he could be very dangerous on 5-6 targets per game.

7 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

I...do not.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Anyone going against the air or vs 120lb high school players will look like they haven’t lost a step. 

• Like 1

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Well, I would want him to go with an elite QB so Russell, Maholmes, or Rodgers would be ideal.

If he made it to a team with an elite throwing QB he could be very dangerous on 5-6 targets per game.

AB with Mahomes...oh my. The dream.

It's going to be Miami. Pair him up with Tua and they take the AFC East. Would be very fitting for 2020.

2 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

It's going to be Miami. Pair him up with Tua and they take the AFC East. Would be very fitting for 2020.

This would be pretty damn interesting Indeed.

From a football perspective only it would be ideal. AB,parker, Williams and Gesiki, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a deep playoff push with that defense as well.

As noted by @pastorofmuppets2 I'm not sure Brian Flores is the type of coach to sell his soul to the devil like Harbags or Stinky Pete

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Anyone going against the air or vs 120lb high school players will look like they haven’t lost a step. 

Exactly my point.

29 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Nothing to do with morality and everything to do with reality 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Nothing to do with morality and everything to do with reality 

Reality is he looks as good or better than hollywood brown 👀

Let Russ Cook was tossing to AB a few months ago...

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 2

Reality is he looks as good or better than hollywood brown 👀

Let Russ Cook was tossing to AB a few months ago...

you mean an nfl athlete is ripped?  

shocked.gif

👀 

all in good fun buddy lol.   Let’s see what happens.

• Like 1

Do I expect 1200 yards or 100 catches from him IF he gets picked up and cleared to play... No 

Do I think stashing somebody on your bench who just a season ago was top 3 in the league Is a no brainer decision over the guys at the end of your bench Is a good idea OF COURSE..

I don’t see the argument here 🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by jharv2k1
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I suspect Roger will be announcing a new suspension as we get closer to the zero hour...

• Haha 1

If you don’t like buying tickets for rides like this one you don’t like fantasy football. This is why we play the game. Money won is always more fun than money earned, and you can’t get a better lotto ticket than AB. Strap it in. 

• Like 5