K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

You can infatuate with workout videos or his agent trying to cause a non existent bid war till ur blue in the face, but this will be short lived. No organization will touch this dirtbag unless he is proved innocent and the case is closed, which looks to be in December. Being accused for rape is a serious issue for any man along with the organization who would employee him thru this process, no owner will take that burden for a 32yr old selfish quack like AB who has burned every NFL team that he’s been a part of. His track record speaks for itself. If ur in desperate need of WRs I can understand the hype and this short lived excitement, sell sell sell before it’s too late. 

This thread 🧵 will be a ghost town in a few weeks, KARMA is real folks and AB got aplenty coming his way. Stay Tuned!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

This thread 🧵 will be a ghost town in a few weeks  

There is no way. NO WAY. There are finally no more Gordon threads. RW needs to continue the tradition with Brown threads. 

Can’t mess with traditions. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

You know what guys, ignore Schefter—what the fook does that guy know? We need to be listening to a guy with real credibility: Tomei7. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Antonio-Brown-free-agency-interested-teams-dont-expect-Steelers-Patriots-Raiders-Ravens-Seahawks-152613054/Amp/

⬆️🤔hmmm IMO Schefter’s credibility should be questioned as it looks, he just put this out there less than 2 weeks ago. HMU if u need some real creds buddy.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ginocan said:

There is no way. NO WAY. There are finally no more Gordon threads. RW needs to continue the tradition with Brown threads. 

Can’t mess with traditions. 

Don’t forget the Gronk 2019 thread.

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

As I stated previously if his physical talents have diminished Iwill be the first to admit it. His workout videos this preseason do not support that argument though.

If you are going to play fantasy football with morals then you are limiting you potential pool of players. 

Does this mean you are against or won't roster Joe Mixon, Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt and more?

Those guys are actually on the field playing. AB is not. [...] hes a canerous teammate and thats what got him the boot from Pitt and Oak.

His issue's arent just off the field, but in the lockerroom. He's a toxic personality.

Don't be naive about his situation.

Edited by tonycpsu
nope
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Those guys are actually on the field playing. AB is not. [...] hes a canerous teammate and thats what got him the boot from Pitt and Oak.

His issue's arent just off the field, but in the lockerroom. He's a toxic personality.

Don't be naive about his situation.

I'm not, that's why I have him rostered.

You should have too.

• Like 2

16 team league, deep benches, sure.

12 teamer of normal size?  Gonna miss out on the next Fulgham or Tee Higgins or Tonyan to instead hold on to yet another fruitless Antonio Brown pipe dream.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

12 teamer of normal size?  Gonna miss out on the next Fulgham or Tee Higgins or Tonyan to instead hold on to yet another fruitless Antonio Brown pipe dream.

Higgins would be the WR5 on a lot of teams. He was a nice pickup, don't get me wrong, but if I'm in that situation I want upside. 

But to your point, no, in general I'd prefer to drop someone not as good/productive as Higgins. 

If you have an inside track to the playoffs and good depth upside is the goal. 

I am unsure that anyone is saying he is a good guy.  There is a lot of anger and hostility towards him for his off the field issues.  No doubt the guy is a dirt bag.  However, if you are only going to draft and or roster good guys then good luck to you.  The league is full of guys who have had off field issues, served their suspensions and are now playing.  Last time I checked their fantasy points were not worth less because of their off field issues.  Teams want to win and talent will always win.  He will be signed and I would rather have him scoring points for my team in the playoffs than for someone else going against me.

• Like 1

Just depends on who you have to drop. Might as well hold for a couple weeks to see if he signs. If he doesn’t end up signing or if suspension is extended, then drop. No harm no foul. 

Edited by swetooth9
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Higgins would be the WR5 on a lot of teams. He was a nice pickup, don't get me wrong, but if I'm in that situation I want upside. 

But to your point, no, in general I'd prefer to drop someone not as good/productive as Higgins. 

If Higgins connects on TDs we're talking WR1 material here. I don't see how there's not upside there? Just put up 6-120 on apparently a top defense (overrated I'm sure.) This isn't like John Brown or Beasley or something we're talking about.

I dropped John Brown - no regrets. Killing my team and not healthy nor getting healthy any time soon. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Reality is he looks as good or better than hollywood brown 👀

Let Russ Cook was tossing to AB a few months ago...

Pretty amazing that this field is in Russ' backyard of his home. (I think.)

56 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It's week 7.  Who else is going to emerge?  Denzel Mims?  That rookie WR on Baltimore?  Van Jefferson?  Josh Reynolds?  Nobody out there has the ceiling of AB.  That's why you buy the free lotto ticket and wait.

Edited by CooL
  • Like 1

It's quite easy to parse through this thread and see who was quick enough to scoop him and who wasn't lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Kind of telling when Adam Schefter, at least I believe it is him, picks up AB for his fantasy football team:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

How much upside does AB have if he goes to a team like Seattle?

11 minutes ago, Evincar said:

How much upside does AB have if he goes to a team like Seattle?

WR1 set and forget. Outside of a dumpster fire like the Jets, but realistically he's not gonna land on a team like that. He's going to a good team.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

WR1 set and forget. Outside of a dumpster fire like the Jets, but realistically he's not gonna land on a team like that. He's going to a good team.

Best chance for him to win a bowl and have success is definitely the ravens but... once again he would absolutely destroy that team from the inside.  Lamar isn’t enough of a confident leader to manage a locker room with in it

4 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I just dont see how he's going to upstage two superiors WR1s, assuming everything else goes right.

Edited by Evincar
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Evincar said:

I just dont see how he's going to upstage two superiors WR1s, assuming everything else goes right.

A lot has to go right for sure, but even at 32 neither Metcalf nor Lockett are better than AB. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

A lot has to go right for sure, but even at 32 neither Metcalf nor Lockett are better than AB. 

They are. Theyre both in game shape, know the offense and already have well established chemistry with Russ.

• Thanks 1