K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Nap Time said:

 

Watch this clip.  It's being reported that Bruce Arians didn't like his time with Brown. That was 9 years ago.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1240704090340044803

 

Interesting...Seemed like he was semi normal before the last couple years but obviously we werent as close as Arians was.

 

Thanks for posting the clip.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish the NFL just had the sac to ban this tool for life already. Pulling all that crap to force your way out of an Oakland team that gave up assets for you as well as all of the off the field stuff.....should be banned for life. Horrible precedent it sets for other players to follow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2020 at 8:03 AM, Mr.Joshua said:

Wish the NFL just had the sac to ban this tool for life already. Pulling all that crap to force your way out of an Oakland team that gave up assets for you as well as all of the off the field stuff.....should be banned for life. Horrible precedent it sets for other players to follow.

He didnt smoke weed though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2020 at 8:03 AM, Mr.Joshua said:

Wish the NFL just had the sac to ban this tool for life already. Pulling all that crap to force your way out of an Oakland team that gave up assets for you as well as all of the off the field stuff.....should be banned for life. Horrible precedent it sets for other players to follow.

What exactly did he do? I think compared to hunt, mixon, peterson and hill, he is a choir boy. 

Cold cocking a girl assaulting her savagely (mixon). On video.

Striking his pregnant gf (hill)

Shoving and kicking a girl when she is down. On video.

Peterson beating his son with a stick.

 

Brown was accused by britney Taylor of rape, which hes denied and she recently dropped her federal lawsuit and is attempting a civil lawsuit aka money grab. Tons of instagram videos of them flirting in his bed. Seems like bs to me. This has materialized to nothing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

What exactly did he do? I think compared to hunt, mixon, peterson and hill, he is a choir boy. 

Cold cocking a girl assaulting her savagely (mixon). On video.

Striking his pregnant gf (hill)

Shoving and kicking a girl when she is down. On video.

Peterson beating his son with a stick.

 

Brown was accused by britney Taylor of rape, which hes denied and she recently dropped her federal lawsuit and is attempting a civil lawsuit aka money grab. Tons of instagram videos of them flirting in his bed. Seems like bs to me. This has materialized to nothing.

 

 

Dude.  Stop.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

What exactly did he do? I think compared to hunt, mixon, peterson and hill, he is a choir boy. 

Cold cocking a girl assaulting her savagely (mixon). On video.

Striking his pregnant gf (hill)

Shoving and kicking a girl when she is down. On video.

Peterson beating his son with a stick.

 

Brown was accused by britney Taylor of rape, which hes denied and she recently dropped her federal lawsuit and is attempting a civil lawsuit aka money grab. Tons of instagram videos of them flirting in his bed. Seems like bs to me. This has materialized to nothing.

 

 


Wrap it up bro ... AB is the biggest clown in the world. Don’t you remember last year where he group texted the accused, along with a bunch of his goons. Pictures of her & her kids , telling them to investigate her. He’s uber talented but as stupid as they come. I’m glad they kicked him out the league. The rape allegation is more than likely bullshit , I do agree with you there. But karma’s a b**** 

Edited by RunCMC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RunCMC said:


Wrap it up bro ... AB is the biggest clown in the world. Don’t you remember last year where he group texted the accused, along with a bunch of his goons. Pictures of her & her kids , telling them to investigate her. He’s uber talented but as stupid as they come. I’m glad they kicked him out the league. The rape allegation is more than likely bullshit , I do agree with you there. But karma’s a b**** 

Yeah, hes dumb but like I said pails in comparison to actually proven crimes by the people above. I look at his "crimes". Burnt his foot in a cryochamber, exposed himself to a trainer, and called his owner a cracker.

All of these things are moronic and at worst maybe suspension worthy, but end his entire career compared to beating women and children. I dont see it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Yeah, hes dumb but like I said pails in comparison to actually proven crimes by the people above. I look at his "crimes". Burnt his foot in a cryochamber, exposed himself to a trainer, and called his owner a cracker.

All of these things are moronic and at worst maybe suspension worthy, but end his entire career compared to beating women and children. I dont see it.

Beat up a delivery driver(assault case pending).   Don’t forget that.  Threatened witnesses.  He suing 2 franchises for money he doesn’t deserve.  Also a civil case with the artist,  and god knows how many other people he’s ripped off and settled with.   
 

But...all of that said....it’s not the biggest reason he’s blacklisted.
 

He made the NFL look foolish.   Time and again.  

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

 

Only good fit? On a team that doesnt throw the ball much? How long till AB whines that he's not getting force-fed 15-20 targets a game?

Edited by Evincar
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Evincar said:

 

Only good fit? On a team that doesnt throw the ball much? How long till AB whines that he's not getting force-fed 15-20 targets a game?

There will be a scandle before he takes a snap. This guys a looney toon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baltimore fan - urgh, hard pass. They had no problems on offense last year. This guy is a locker room cancer. If Baltimore were an 8-8 team, why not. But they're not AB away from the playoffs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

AB on the field instantly makes any offense much more dangerous, and to an extent dictates how the defense has to play. There’s no question AB would immediately make the Ravens offense significantly better from an X’s and O’s standpoint. LJ is obviously interested.
 

If they can sign him to an incentive based contract, it’s a no brainer imo.The Ravens PR spin is that they’re giving him a chance at redemption. If he starts whining, or becomes a problem they simply cut him like the Pats did and move on without him.

Edited by Lamont Sanford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

There will be a scandle before he takes a snap. This guys a looney toon.

 

there will be a scandle before i take a nap.

who would have thunk it based on AB's solid college education

DOPMfAOUMAAM-wz.jpg

 

22 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

AB on the field instantly makes any offense much more dangerous, and to an extent dictates how the defense has to play. There’s no question AB would immediately make the Ravens offense significantly better from an X’s and O’s standpoint. LJ is obviously interested.
 

If they can sign him to an incentive based contract, it’s a no brainer imo.The Ravens PR spin is that they’re giving him a chance at redemption. If he starts whining, or becomes a problem they simply cut him like the Pats did and move on without him.

 

interesting to hear arians' say "no way" with the football world thinking "evans + godwin + AB & brady" could've been the none-more-feared combo. we knew he was a diva, we know he's a headcase, perhaps even a public enemy, but the degenerate can sure play football.

for me, AB is a "hold" and he sits on my dynasty bench. with the multiple alleged cases and with whatever he's about to do next. the most i can hope for is a return to the field for next year's playoffs. his 2018 week 16 performance still resounds. 14 receptions / 185 yards / 2TDs. even half of that would be a great playoff day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Roger is not going to let Antonio Brown play.  The league is under no obligation to wrap up their investigation by a date certain.  And they opened up this investigation last fall.  And Brown did a bunch of stuff after that.  And do you think Kaep's actions were insulting to the police?  Brown publicly cussed them out, then posted it.

Granted he seems to have stabilized a bit recently.  So that's good.  But he will have to win his criminal case, be cleared by the league investigation, and convince some team he won't ruin their season (like he ruined the Steelers 2018 season and both the Raiders and Patriots 2019 seasons).

That is a lot of hurtles to overcome.  And if Roger just does not want the headache, he can just keep the investigation ongoing.  Indefinitely.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Roger is not going to let Antonio Brown play.  The league is under no obligation to wrap up their investigation by a date certain.  And they opened up this investigation last fall.  And Brown did a bunch of stuff after that.  And do you think Kaep's actions were insulting to the police?  Brown publicly cussed them out, then posted it.

Granted he seems to have stabilized a bit recently.  So that's good.  But he will have to win his criminal case, be cleared by the league investigation, and convince some team he won't ruin their season (like he ruined the Steelers 2018 season and both the Raiders and Patriots 2019 seasons).

That is a lot of hurtles to overcome.  And if Roger just does not want the headache, he can just keep the investigation ongoing.  Indefinitely.

Roger Goodell on Antonio Brown: 'We want to help get him on the right track'
 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/01/29/us/roger-goodell-super-bowl-liv-press-conference-spt-intl/index.html

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how long before @Lamont Sanford breaks out the “Hes just faking crazy”

 

no amount of talent on field justifies the risk this guy poses to your locker room.   Ticking time bomb.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Antonio Brown could be a literal human God that you create in Madden and no team will touch him.

How could you?  It doesn't matter how talented you are if your life prevents you from being on the field.  Any remorse he's ever shown has been undermined by another insane act.  Giving him what he wants just serves to validate his behavior.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Granted he seems to have stabilized a bit recently.  So that's good.

 

agreed: recent stabilization, outlook looking good. 

tenor.gif?itemid=3524439

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

how long before @Lamont Sanford breaks out the “Hes just faking crazy”

 

no amount of talent on field justifies the risk this guy poses to your locker room.   Ticking time bomb.  

No clue why you think I would say that, since I haven’t suggested anything of the sort. AB is legit crazy and an absolute jerk.


He’s also awesome at football. That’s why a team might take a chance on him. He was a ticking time bomb in Pittsburgh as well, and that worked out ok for many years. If Harbaugh could keep AB relatively under control like Tomlin did, it would make the Ravens an even stronger team than they already are. If Harbaugh believes he can do that, he should. If he can’t, he shouldn’t. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But it won't be up to Harbaugh.  It is up to Roger.  And Roger announced to the entire league that if any other team signs Brown, Roger will put Brown on the Commissioner's Exempt List.

That was last fall.  Positive encouragement and P.R. aside, that is still the status quo with Brown.  Brown will not be playing in the NFL in 2020.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

No clue why you think I would say that, since I haven’t suggested anything of the sort. AB is legit crazy and an absolute jerk.


He’s also awesome at football. That’s why a team might take a chance on him. He was a ticking time bomb in Pittsburgh as well, and that worked out ok for many years. If Harbaugh could keep AB relatively under control like Tomlin did, it would make the Ravens an even stronger team than they already are. If Harbaugh believes he can do that, he should. If he can’t, he shouldn’t. 


Just bustin your cahones, amigo

 

if we thought AB was capable of a drama- free season...then yes he would be a great weapon for any team.   But come on now.   Just when you start to count on him he’ll snap over something he feels entitled to.  Is it  in camp?   Week 3?  Week 8?   and that’s only assuming he’s cleared on charges and won’t face additional suspension.    
Lamar Jackson throwing him passes doesn’t change any of this.   Tom Brady and BB couldn’t even change it . 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...