K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Wentz is averaging 39 passing attempts per game and has virtually no good targets.

Murray is averaging 34 passing attempts per game and Brown would have a lot more competition for targets than Philly.

Rodgers (is the best QB in the league) is averaging 35 passing attempts per game and Brown would have almost no competition besides Adams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Evincar said:

They are. Theyre both in game shape, know the offense and already have well established chemistry with Russ.

Again, I can't stand AB. I'd love to see him blackballed from the league. But to say he isn't a better receiver than DK or Lockett is absurd. AB is an all-time talent. Now if you wanna say it'll take him a few weeks to get in game shape, or he may be a bit rusty or whatever, fair enough. But he's the best talent of the three, and arguably in the entire league. 

1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

Higgins is actually WR30 on the season in 0.5 PPR... And he wasn't really involved the first two games...

He's averaged 13.6 points the last 4 weeks. And he has further upside.

I like Higgins, own him. He's been good and looks to be trending up. But he was a cheap waiver add. Very possible someone had 4 better WRs rostered before they snagged him off waivers. 

Again, I'm sure they'd have someone worse rostered to drop, my point is simply if you're 5-1 and he's your WR5, I could understand preferring AB on your bench over Higgins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would Brown be willing to not be the #1 option? When JuJu won team MVP he started to lose his mind. 

 

Even if he still has the ability to perform at a high level the headache is not worth it and he still has unresolved legal issues. If he was 26/27 some team would sign him regardless but at 32 it might not be worth the trouble. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Again, I can't stand AB. I'd love to see him blackballed from the league. But to say he isn't a better receiver than DK or Lockett is absurd. AB is an all-time talent. Now if you wanna say it'll take him a few weeks to get in game shape, or he may be a bit rusty or whatever, fair enough. But he's the best talent of the three, and arguably in the entire league. 

I like Higgins, own him. He's been good and looks to be trending up. But he was a cheap waiver add. Very possible someone had 4 better WRs rostered before they snagged him off waivers. 

Again, I'm sure they'd have someone worse rostered to drop, my point is simply if you're 5-1 and he's your WR5, I could understand preferring AB on your bench over Higgins. 

 

So is Larry Fitz, but I don't see anyone saying that he's a better receiver than Nuk at this point in their respective careers.

He's got a ways to go and needs to prove it for a few more years, but while Brown was one of the best WR's in the game, physically DK has tools that Brown can only dream of.

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Would Brown be willing to not be the #1 option? When JuJu won team MVP he started to lose his mind. 

 

Even if he still has the ability to perform at a high level the headache is not worth it and he still has unresolved legal issues. If he was 26/27 some team would sign him regardless but at 32 it might not be worth the trouble. 

Based on the rumors, many teams are looking to sign him. They think its worth it to sign a guy accused of multiple rapes and for throwing gummy penises at police and for theft and for yada, yada, yada. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

 

I don't understand how many of you keep trying to dismiss this as simply AB's agent passing rumors to Schefter to drum up interest. The point you all keep making is that there is no way you can see Seattle making the move...

Yet Pete Carroll, just yesterday when asked about the report, quite directly stated "we're there, we're in it". It would've been so easy to give a generic coaches speak response downplaying the report, but he did the exact opposite.

Do hype trains like this often go overboard on these forums? Of course, that's the fun in it. But equally overboard are the posters who come in here boasting the complete opposite. Despite plenty of evidence to the contrary.

 

How is any of this "overboard?" People are sharing their opinions and viewpoints. Some seem to think he's worth the risk. Others can't see why a 5-0 team would take a risk. 

At this point there's enough evidence to point to this being a good decision for SEA or a horrible one.

We all know AB is talented. We all know he's a distraction. I could easily see SEA thinking their D is bad enough that they'll be in shootouts all year and need an extra weapon. But I could easily see AB not adding much more to what they already have and also causing drama.

Both are justifiable opinions.

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some teams will jump in the mix to try to block others from getting him. If he bombs he bombs but if he bounces back then he's a major problem for all top teams in his division and conference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For fantasy purposes I think San Fran, Green Bay and Eagles would be best for him. But in reality it will probably be SEA and he's gonna hurt DK and Locketts value 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio, here’s what Carroll said: “The thing I can tell you about it, competitively, [G.M. John Schneider is] in on everything. He knows everybody in the league, he knows what’s going on, he’s kept us involved and has made marvelous moves over the years. We’ll see how this one — you know, we’re there, we’re in it and we know what’s happening. It isn’t settled yet and we don’t know where it is going to go but we’re always on the ready to compete to get guys and so this is one of those chances and we’ll see what happens.”

 

Seems like Seattle is clicking right now so not sure why they would throw this wrench into things. It sounds like the GM just like to win, even if it just means winning a bidding war.

To me, the Ravens make the most sense. Lamar wants him and it seems to be the piece they are missing that could put them over the top.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

 

So is Larry Fitz, but I don't see anyone saying that he's a better receiver than Nuk at this point in their respective careers.

He's got a ways to go and needs to prove it for a few more years, but while Brown was one of the best WR's in the game, physically DK has tools that Brown can only dream of.

This.  DK is the next generational wr and AB is hanging on, hoping for a break at 32. He won’t know the offense or have any chemistry built.  
 

petey isn’t foolish enough to slow down his young beast just to force targets to AB. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, beerfish said:

Appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio, here’s what Carroll said: “The thing I can tell you about it, competitively, [G.M. John Schneider is] in on everything. He knows everybody in the league, he knows what’s going on, he’s kept us involved and has made marvelous moves over the years. We’ll see how this one — you know, we’re there, we’re in it and we know what’s happening. It isn’t settled yet and we don’t know where it is going to go but we’re always on the ready to compete to get guys and so this is one of those chances and we’ll see what happens.”

 

Seems like Seattle is clicking right now so not sure why they would throw this wrench into things. It sounds like the GM just like to win, even if it just means winning a bidding war.

To me, the Ravens make the most sense. Lamar wants him and it seems to be the piece they are missing that could put them over the top.

Stephen A on first take noted yesterday that he might be inclined to join the ravens to maybe get revenge on Pittsburgh since they are both in the same conference. Seahawks seem to be the front runner as of right now but you never know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, beerfish said:

Appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio, here’s what Carroll said: “The thing I can tell you about it, competitively, [G.M. John Schneider is] in on everything. He knows everybody in the league, he knows what’s going on, he’s kept us involved and has made marvelous moves over the years. We’ll see how this one — you know, we’re there, we’re in it and we know what’s happening. It isn’t settled yet and we don’t know where it is going to go but we’re always on the ready to compete to get guys and so this is one of those chances and we’ll see what happens.”

 

Seems like Seattle is clicking right now so not sure why they would throw this wrench into things. It sounds like the GM just like to win, even if it just means winning a bidding war.

To me, the Ravens make the most sense. Lamar wants him and it seems to be the piece they are missing that could put them over the top.

 

Yeah I also think the Ravens make the most sense.

He has worked out with Lamar in the past. His cousin is on the Ravens. Lamar has publicly expressed the fact that he wants him. And the Ravens are lacking a clear WR1 and it's showing. Their defense is overloaded with talent and carrying the team right now, but one more humiliating loss like the Chiefs loss and I think they call his agent the next day and say be ready. That Philly game against practice squad players had no business being close, and it wouldn't surprise me to see PIT dealing BAL a blow this year.

Edited by harck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, beerfish said:

Appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio, here’s what Carroll said: “The thing I can tell you about it, competitively, [G.M. John Schneider is] in on everything. He knows everybody in the league, he knows what’s going on, he’s kept us involved and has made marvelous moves over the years. We’ll see how this one — you know, we’re there, we’re in it and we know what’s happening. It isn’t settled yet and we don’t know where it is going to go but we’re always on the ready to compete to get guys and so this is one of those chances and we’ll see what happens.”

 

Seems like Seattle is clicking right now so not sure why they would throw this wrench into things. It sounds like the GM just like to win, even if it just means winning a bidding war.

To me, the Ravens make the most sense. Lamar wants him and it seems to be the piece they are missing that could put them over the top.

The bolded seems telling. Not only is Seattle interested in signing AB, they’re ready to compete to get him. Meaning, the speculation that multiple teams are interested is likely true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, OdellBaconJr said:

For fantasy purposes I think San Fran, Green Bay and Eagles would be best for him. But in reality it will probably be SEA and he's gonna hurt DK and Locketts value 

Texans would be ideal for him (and Watson) from a fantasy perspective. He would get to play with an elite QB and Watson would get a de facto WR1 to replace Nuk. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, shiftysaj said:

Stephen A on first take noted yesterday that he might be inclined to join the ravens to maybe get revenge on Pittsburgh since they are both in the same conference. Seahawks seem to be the front runner as of right now but you never know

Brown is a pretty selfish, self absorbed kind of guy. Seattle might appear to be the front runner right now solely because he can use them to leverage the team he wants to play for most. We don't really know what's what.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i love the idea of him going to a pass happy offense like SEA and having a QB like Wilson throwing to him.  but given his past behavior on previous teams i don't see how a potential marriage with SEA is going to end well.  he is going to have to share with 2 other WRs who are having great seasons,  and we know he doesn't like to share.  he may get a few good games in but then something is going to come up and he will spiral again

Edited by Panthor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vercrazy said:

 

So is Larry Fitz, but I don't see anyone saying that he's a better receiver than Nuk at this point in their respective careers.

He's got a ways to go and needs to prove it for a few more years, but while Brown was one of the best WR's in the game, physically DK has tools that Brown can only dream of.

Fitz has been on the decline for years. AB has shown no such decline. He came in off the street, probably knowing about 5 plays out of the playbook, and put up 16 in PPR last year. 

You might wanna go back and look at some of AB's seasons. They're absolutely ridiculous. I like Metcalf, he's a beast, but he has a LONG way to go before he's in the conversation with AB. And not that you said it, but forget about Lockett, that's an absurd comparison. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

 

Well geez if is as per Josina Anderson's understanding then its an airtight no. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spyplane said:

Brown is a pretty selfish, self absorbed kind of guy. Seattle might appear to be the front runner right now solely because he can use them to leverage the team he wants to play for most. We don't really know what's what.

 

He was force fed targets in Pittsburgh and complained when he wasnt and he wont get that with whatever team he signs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...