K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Just bustin your cahones, amigo

if we thought AB was capable of a drama- free season...then yes he would be a great weapon for any team.   But come on now.   Just when you start to count on him he’ll snap over something he feels entitled to.  Is it  in camp?   Week 3?  Week 8?   and that’s only assuming he’s cleared on charges and won’t face additional suspension.    
Lamar Jackson throwing him passes doesn’t change any of this.   Tom Brady and BB couldn’t even change it . 

That’s cool, I just don’t want my stance on AB to be misrepresented. He’s a crazy jerk, but there are enough of those guys in the NFL to prove that being a crazy jerk doesn’t prevent you from playing in the NFL. 

As far as I know, he is not currently on the exempt list which means a team can sign him and he can play. Perhaps Goodell would then put him on the exempt list, or perhaps a 4 game suspension, perhaps nothing at all, we just don’t know. That said, I don’t see how Goodell can prevent AB from ever playing again without some specific legal justification, considering guys like Mixon, Tyreek, etc are playing. Especially after declaring that the NFL wants to “help him get on the right track.” Wouldn’t a chance at redemption be just that?

In theory, I suppose.  In practice, Brown has been a Chernobyl for the league and all the teams that tried to ride the lightning.

I would think that, at minimum, Brown is going to have to be acquitted on his criminal charge of assaulting the moving truck driver.  And criminal cases, especially serious ones, can take months or even years to resolve.

Roger can easily justify keeping thigs as they are now, as long as the felony is still pending.

The worse the team, the more critical it is that all the players and coaches are on the same page.

Antonio Brown is all about himself, team be damned.  Even one of the most successful teams of all time.

• Like 1

• Antonio Brown has been charged with felony burglary conveyance, misdemeanor battery and misdemeanor criminal mischief from his January arrest.

Brown was originally charged with felony burglary with battery after fighting with a delivery truck driver outside his South Florida home, but that has since been dropped. These are still serious charges, though it's possible the state offers Brown a plea deal. Despite his off-field baggage, Brown remains committed to continuing his NFL career. He'll face discipline from the league once his legal situation is resolved.

SOURCE: ESPN
    Apr 4, 2020, 12:41 PM ET

•  

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, lolcopter said:
  • Antonio Brown has been charged with felony burglary conveyance, misdemeanor battery and misdemeanor criminal mischief from his January arrest.

Brown was originally charged with felony burglary with battery after fighting with a delivery truck driver outside his South Florida home, but that has since been dropped. These are still serious charges, though it's possible the state offers Brown a plea deal. Despite his off-field baggage, Brown remains committed to continuing his NFL career. He'll face discipline from the league once his legal situation is resolved.

SOURCE: ESPN
    Apr 4, 2020, 12:41 PM ET

•  

We’ve known for quite some time that Brown will have to face consequences for his actions. The only fantasy-relevant concern is how will this affect his NFL future.

This is likely what Goodell has been waiting for. Brown needs to pay the piper. The sooner he does, the sooner he’ll be back on an NFL football field. Goodell can finally officially punish Brown based on the outcome of these charges. My guess is 4 games max, and Brown is catching passes from Lamar Jackson for most of the 2020 NFL season.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

We’ve known for quite some time that Brown will have to face consequences for his actions. The only fantasy-relevant concern is how will this affect his NFL future.

This is likely what Goodell has been waiting for. Brown needs to pay the piper. The sooner he does, the sooner he’ll be back on an NFL football field. Goodell can finally officially punish Brown based on the outcome of these charges. My guess is 4 games max, and Brown is catching passes from Lamar Jackson for most of the 2020 NFL season.

If this was the case and how deep WRs are in 2020, what round would you draft him in? 6th?

If Brown officially received a 4 game suspension, and signed with Ravens, I’d pull the trigger well before the 6th. Starting week 5 Brown is likely a top 5 fantasy WR for the remainder of the season. Who else are you drafting in the 6th round that has league winning potential?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

If Brown officially received a 4 game suspension, and signed with Ravens, I’d pull the trigger well before the 6th. Starting week 5 Brown is likely a top 5 fantasy WR for the remainder of the season. Who else are you drafting in the 6th round that has league winning potential?

Why would he be suspended for only four games after being hit with a felony conviction?

Brady collaborated with former employees to withdraw air - and this kid beat up a delivery person.

Edited by BMcP

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Why would he be suspended for only four games after being hit with a felony conviction?

This is the NFL we're talking about here.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Thats crazy. No way he is top 5. I dont see how he gets more than 7 targets a game.

Edited by Evincar

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Evincar said:

Thats crazy. No way he is top 5. I dont see how he gets more than 7 targets a game.

Suppose Brown signed with Ravens today, and Goodell decided not to suspend him at all. List the WRs you would draft before him. For the sake of discussion, assume he plays the whole season.

Edited by Lamont Sanford

10 hours ago, BMcP said:

Brady collaborated with former employees to withdraw air - and this kid beat up a delivery person.

while the conveyance felony is GTA-level stuff, and if convicted would land AB in jail and end his career,

the beating up was clearly an accident, not antonio's fault, which is why it's a misdemeanor. see recreation below:

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, BMcP said:

Brown won’t end up being convicted of a felony. 

”Brown was initially charged with felony burglary with battery in January, but the charge was not included in the March 20 state filing.”

“It's possible the state will offer Brown the chance to negotiate a plea deal.“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28993356/antonio-brown-charged-alleged-assault-driver-florida%3fplatform=amp

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Suppose Brown signed with Ravens today, and Goodell decided not to suspend him at all. List the WRs you would draft before him. For the sake of discussion, assume he plays the whole season.

Even on fantasy island...I’d have a tough time putting Ravens AB in the top 12.   They’re not a passing offense.   AB did his damage playing on the killer bee steelers.   And he hasn’t played in over a year.   

But keep pounding that drum.   🥁 

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Even on fantasy island...I’d have a tough time putting Ravens AB in the top 12.   They’re not a passing offense.   AB did his damage playing on the killer bee steelers.   And he hasn’t played in over a year.   

But keep pounding that drum.   🥁 

I’m not pounding any drum, just trying to discuss Antonio Brown’s 2020 outlook. So which 12 WRs would you take before AB, assuming he played a full season with Ravens?

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I’m not pounding any drum, just trying to discuss Antonio Brown’s 2020 outlook. So which 12 WRs would you take before AB, assuming he played a full season with Ravens?

If we’re assuming full season for all of these WRs....in no particular order 

Julio, MT, AJG, Amari, Thielen, Sutton, Tyreek, Keenan, juju, AJB, DK, Parker, Kupp, Deebo, Evans, Godwin, Arob, OBJ, Hopkins Adams 

Edited by Impreza178

14 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

If we’re assuming full season for all of these WRs....in no particular order 

Julio, MT, AJG, Amari, Thielen, Sutton, Tyreek, Keenan, juju, AJB, DK, Parker, Kupp, Deebo, Evans, Godwin, Arob, OBJ, Hopkins Adams 

I could see about half of those over AB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I could see about half of those over AB.

Lamar is good for a top 5 TE and a Wr2.   It’s never been any different 

6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Lamar is good for a top 5 TE and a Wr2.   It’s never been any different 

In your opinion, who is the best WR Lamar has played with in the NFL.

Why would we ever assume that Antonio Brown will play an entire season?  Or even take one more snap in the NFL ever again?