K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

Evans will probably be the one who takes the biggest hit. Brown will take away some of the deep balls and some of the red zone looks which is where Evans primarily eats. Godwin will also take a hit but he’s going to be in the slot and probably facing the third best corner every game. 

Brown will eat into both, but Evans is pure perimeter. If somebody takes a bigger hit it is Godwin.

That said, I think people are missing the potential for the target pie to get bigger because this offense is going to get better/more efficient.

Lot of negativity here but it could be that everyone wins.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

As an M. Evans owner who grabbed AB I'm not sure what I think of this.

Lot of mouths to feed now in TB.

What I do know is that I now own two talented WRs with Tom Brady throwing to them who will face the following teams in the fantasy playoffs:

* MN

* @ATL

* @DET

Maybe I think I like it.

In the same boat man. Will be fun to see how this unfolds. I’m obviously biased but this could actually help Evans. 

3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Brown will eat into both, but Evans is pure perimeter. If somebody takes a bigger hit it is Godwin.

That said, I think people are missing the potential for the target pie to get bigger because this offense is going to get better/more efficient.

Lot of negativity here but it could be that everyone wins.

Everyone def won’t win. Way too many mouths to feed. Brown himself played primarily on the perimeter. He had some snaps out of the slot but his bread and butter was one of the best perimeter WRs probably over the last decade. So I don’t see how a slot WR like Godwin will take more of a hit than Evans.

• Like 2

Love this signing.

Sincerely,

DK Metcalf owner. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Isn't there a chance AB is still suspended additional games?   I thought I remembered reading that somewhere.

1 minute ago, NInsko said:

Who cares zigzag. Tonight we are smoking fattys

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This is a guy we most likely picked up off waivers.

Whether he ends up as a WR1, or a WR2/3, or gets suspended again, or throws the team into disarray...

Let's all enjoy the ride. It's the beauty of fantasy football.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

Isn't there a chance AB is still suspended additional games?   I thought I remembered reading that somewhere.

I read that too and now I can't find it. Oh well. He was a free pickup.

Let's say AB was not suspended this year and available for your draft.  Where do you take him?  I'm thinking he's probably like a 3rd or 4th rounder on talent alone.  

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Anybody fielding trade offers for him yet?  Any completed trades in leagues?  His value is probably pretty high right now.

I'm trying. Since I am. a Michael Thomas, Davante Adams, and Allen Robinson owner as well.

Problem is everyone is butthurt that i got to him first and some are even likening the signing to Dez Bryant signing with the Ravens, saying "why dont you pick him up too lol"  🙄

• Haha 1

still two weeks out. that limits ur trade partners to top teams in ur league and i wouldnt want to gift them a wr1 for playoffs. hold and hope u hit lotto

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Anybody fielding trade offers for him yet?  Any completed trades in leagues?  His value is probably pretty high right now.

I'm in a LOT of leagues this year and I jumped on this early enough to get him most places. I've gotten quite a few offers and have traded him in one.

3 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Let's say AB was not suspended this year and available for your draft.  Where do you take him?  I'm thinking he's probably like a 3rd or 4th rounder on talent alone.  

I think it'd be hard to answer without knowing what team he would have been playing for.  Assuming he is back and in great form, he's easily a second rounder next year.

Brady has a history with Brown.  I remember that pass he threw to him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

I think it'd be hard to answer without knowing what team he would have been playing for.  Assuming he is back and in great form, he's easily a second rounder next year.

I mean, if he were not suspended this year and was drafted at the start of this season on TB.

All this hype over a 32 year old with more felonies than receptions the last 2 years.

2 minutes ago, rasrar said:

I'm trying. Since I am. a Michael Thomas, Davante Adams, and Allen Robinson owner as well.

Problem is everyone is butthurt that i got to him first and some are even likening the signing to Dez Bryant signing with the Ravens, saying "why dont you pick him up too lol"  🙄

Yeah, I can see that.  Hard to trade somebody literally minutes/hours/days after you've picked up for free on waivers.  People don't like to give up value for something you literally got for free.  But that's true for any waiver pickups.  I've seen Chase Claypool, Fulgham, James Robinson, Myles Gaskin, and even Tim Patrick traded already in my league.  But yes, people in this situation would be butt hurt and not wanting to give anything up at this point.

• Like 2

Mr. Big Chest teams up with Mr. Big Cheat. Dude already knows the playbook and last time these hombres connected AB hit 17 ppr pts with Brady with AB coming off the street to play a little toss football with the goat for a week.
Tommy Boy has always loved keying in on his favorite boy toy—and he has lobbied for AB specifically because he knows he is better than hobbled a** Godwin and mud foot Evans. You thought these so-called WR1/2s were any good? They aren’t ****, they simply sucked off the Arians teet and now you believe they are fantasy assets. Scotty Miller will be bagging groceries in two weeks. They are going to have to re-dig Gronk’s grave and give him a final goodnight prayer. All just clay pigeons to get Brady warmed up for the real deal.

You have to love it. Once again, the league is playing go fish and Brady is playing crazy 8’s.   He will make AB a WR1 to prove Moss was no fluke and that talent beats crazy all day—at the end of the day, it’s all about football, and this dude is good at football. Mr. Big Chest, welcome back to fantasy superstardom. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Brady will finally be able to have a top notch wide reciever again. We see what happens when Brady plays with STUDS. Moss..broke records with him....AB dude went off in his first game with Brady. Now we have Brady/AB part 2. I envy those that have a Brady/AB stack.

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Thanks 1

One underrated thing here is that Antonio Brown doesn't really have any chances left. He's coming here with a lot of players/coaches he actually appears to have respect for. He's not going to be out here chirping and causing problems if he doesn't get the ball. I don't think he really has the flexibility to act like that in this situation. He was (is?) One of the best players in the NFL. It's somewhat disrespectful to Mike Evans and Chris Godwin to assume he'll instantly be better then them after having not played football for 2 years. It's also hard to imagine he'll be consistently great week to week for fantasy unless the volume increases some in Tampa Bay. We also only the have the benefit of a month or so before fantasy playoffs start. We may not even fully know if he's great play by then.

It isn't impossible by any means... but there are a lot of things that need to go right for him to be what a lot of people are hoping for in a very short amount of time. Packaging him with another player for a upgrade seems like the most sensible thing to do. I understand if some just want to see if he hits though.

• Like 1

If Brady lobbied to get him, he's gonna get him the ball to make it look good.  Evans and Godwin owners cannot be happy about this.

• Like 2