K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Feel bad for opposition defenses. Who are they gonna put their #1 CB on? 

rojo

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chardo said:

All this hype over a 32 year old with more felonies than receptions the last 2 years.

15 TDs in 15 games in 2018....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kp96 said:

If Brady lobbied to get him, he's gonna get him the ball to make it look good.  Evans and Godwin owners cannot be happy about this.

Evans has been hobbling around the field half the year, Godwin basically hasn't played, howard is done, gronk is hurt and non existant in passing game, RBs dont seem overly involved in passing game..

I didn't think this was best team for AB but I think he has a clearer path to 6-7 targets/game than it seems. Like you said Brady prob lobbied for him so hes gonna get him the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benjamin1984 said:

One underrated thing here is that Antonio Brown doesn't really have any chances left. He's coming here with a lot of players/coaches he actually appears to have respect for. He's not going to be out here chirping and causing problems if he doesn't get the ball. I don't think he really has the flexibility to act like that in this situation. He was (is?) One of the best players in the NFL. It's somewhat disrespectful to Mike Evans and Chris Godwin to assume he'll instantly be better then them after having not played football for 2 years. It's also hard to imagine he'll be consistently great week to week for fantasy unless the volume increases some in Tampa Bay. We also only the have the benefit of a month or so before fantasy playoffs start. We may not even fully know if he's great play by then.

It isn't impossible by any means... but there are a lot of things that need to go right for him to be what a lot of people are hoping for in a very short amount of time. Packaging him with another player for a upgrade seems like the most sensible thing to do. I understand if some just want to see if he hits though.

He had a preseason and 1 game in the nfl last year right? So what really separates him from the rest of the league?  extra rest? a little bit of rust? Don't stretch it out to 2 years to make your point.  Mental health is the major concern here plus extra suspension but that seems ridiculous at this point to suspend him again after TB signs him (unless he does something again).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see the Edelman role.  TB and AB have some weird love connection.  Every sane guy has a crazy friend they keep grounded.  Edelman was an easy 150 targets in a balanced offense that used the backs a lot.  The extra passing and lack or rb use will help balance out Godwins target siphoning.  Evans is not an issue for targets.  He turns into Gallup.

29 minutes ago, clintrad4 said:

He had a preseason and 1 game in the nfl last year right? So what really separates him from the rest of the league?  extra rest? a little bit of rust? Don't stretch it out to 2 years to make your point.  Mental health is the major concern here plus extra suspension but that seems ridiculous at this point to suspend him again after TB signs him (unless he does something again).

You either have to kidding or are a really big fan of splitting hairs lol. It's a long layoff from football for anybody. He's been mentally checked out from football for 2 years almost certainly anyway. It's possible he's great. I said this. There's probably a better chance it ends up with an incomplete grade for fantasy purposes. There are a ton of variables at play here on this particular team. If he had gone to a team that needed to lean on his production I think it would be safe to say he would probably be pretty good. 

Edited by Benjamin1984

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

still two weeks out. that limits ur trade partners to top teams in ur league and i wouldnt want to gift them a wr1 for playoffs. hold and hope u hit lotto

This post sums up the season. If you got em’ you hit the lotto. Congrats y’all. 

2 hours ago, AnchorDown said:

They aren’t ****, they simply sucked off the Arians teet and now you believe they are fantasy assets.

I was able to snag AB so I hope he takes over this WR room, but this quote is a dumb take unless you're intentionally trying to be over the top. Mike Evans had five 1,000 yard seasons before Arians was ever in Tampa.

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

One underrated thing here is that Antonio Brown doesn't really have any chances left. He's coming here with a lot of players/coaches he actually appears to have respect for. He's not going to be out here chirping and causing problems if he doesn't get the ball. I don't think he really has the flexibility to act like that in this situation. He was (is?) One of the best players in the NFL. It's somewhat disrespectful to Mike Evans and Chris Godwin to assume he'll instantly be better then them after having not played football for 2 years. It's also hard to imagine he'll be consistently great week to week for fantasy unless the volume increases some in Tampa Bay. We also only the have the benefit of a month or so before fantasy playoffs start. We may not even fully know if he's great play by then.

It isn't impossible by any means... but there are a lot of things that need to go right for him to be what a lot of people are hoping for in a very short amount of time. Packaging him with another player for a upgrade seems like the most sensible thing to do. I understand if some just want to see if he hits though.

So who are you packaging him with, and what type of player are you going for?  It sounds like you might not even own him...

5 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

You either have to kidding or are a really big fan of splitting hairs lol. It's a long layoff from football for anybody. He's been mentally checked out from football for 2 years almost certainly anyway. It's possible he's great. I said this. There's probably a better chance it ends up with an incomplete grade for fantasy purposes. There are a ton of variables at play here on this particular team. If he had gone to a team that needed to lean on his production I think it would be safe to say he would probably be pretty good. 

I'm happy he's back in the league.  And I'm thrilled that he has the GOAT throwing the ball to him.  I'd rather see him land in a good offense with good surrounding pieces that has a chance at a Super Bowl.  That will keep him motivated and in line.  You think it would have been better for him to end up on the Jets with Joe Flacco throwing him the ball?  In NY, with the crazy overbearing media and pressure of the big city, and with a QB who trips over his own feet when there's nothing but daylight to pay dirt?  Nah.  This dude is a winner and he wants to WIN.  Tampa is a good landing spot for him.  And if he balls out, he'll be able to command a big payday and move on if he wants to.

17 minutes ago, CooL said:

And if he balls out, he'll be able to command a big payday and move on if he wants to.

Kind of hard to believe a 32 year old WR will command a big payday even if he balls out.  You're right about him having a chance to earn future contracts, but I don't think teams will be offering anything other than short "prove it" deals until retirement, like what AP has been getting.  

I had a chance to add AB last night and strongly considered it, but passed because I couldn't justify dropping anyone for a lottery ticket.  I've been decimated by injuries and have bye weeks coming, so I need to keep players who can contribute now.  I figure he hasn't played in a year, has a new offense to learn, and has serious talent to compete for targets with.  So if he's eligible week 9, then when does he start getting enough snaps/targets to be fantasy relevant?  My guess is week 11 or 12 for a best case scenario.  He could be a nice piece to have for fantasy playoffs, but only if you have room to stash him until then.  

• Haha 1

This thread is almost as crazy as AB is.  People saying he and TB12 are besties...No, TB wants to win and will do so at any cost. And that AB already knows the playbook.  Truth is AB and TB spent 2 weeks together.  I agree that he warrants a pickup and has a chance to be productive but let's pump the brakes a little. Dude is 32 and has played 1 game in a year in half and the game before that he quit on his team in a playoff deciding matchup.  Not to mention ongoing lawsuits and the plethora of off field issues that surfaced.  I just think if we all lower expectations to maybe a wr2 then we are less likely to be screwed over if/when AB implodes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

bottom line ...

those who took the spec are sitting on potential gold - cut and dried. 

can't envision many more, if any, season changing cats like this coming along.  to deny this aspect of the current situation is a fool's errand, at best. 

i had the chance, but passed - he sat there all day Wednesday & Thursday, when it was still being floated that it was gonna be Seattle ... by the time i kinda warmed to it, he was gone. 

i will come to regret this. very much so. 

congrats, fellas - i think this is gonna bear mucho fruit ✌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The amount of blind optimism in this thread is truly astounding. 

1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:

The dude is nuts and if there was an algorithm to predict which NFL player is most likely to get Covid-19, I’d imagine he’d be at the top of the list, but he’s free and his ceiling is still that of a WR1.

So we can’t be excited that our free waiver pickup was personally recruited by Tom Brady to play for him?

• Like 5

Says the guy without AB LOL.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, JDE said:

So we can’t be excited that our free waiver pickup was personally recruited by Tom Brady to play for him?

We should be excited. 90% of the time we are all more bummed over a loss than excited over a win. We should be taking more time to enjoy little successes. 

• Like 1

Stashed AB ..  we are the smartest and superior in every way!!

Didnt stash AB... You guys are so stupid you will regret your decision to stash that lunatic Hes old and Bradys done.. hate hate hate lol (secretly wishes they had AB)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

looks like his contract is being loaded with performance incentives

Hopefully stat heavy 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have AB on a team. Just one though. Like investing you want to diversify your portfolio. AB stock is too risky to invest heavily in.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JDE said:

looks like his contract is being loaded with performance incentives

Hopefully stat heavy 👍

section 3; paragraph 1, of document 5: "DON'T GET ARRESTED" $2,000,000

• Haha 7