K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

Just now, FitzMagic said:

I have AB on a team. Just one though. Like investing you want to diversify your portfolio. AB stock is too risky to invest heavily in.

He was as a penny stock a loss wouldnt have or shouldnt have impacted your team. 

• Like 4

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

section 3; paragraph 1, of document 5: "DON'T GET ARRESTED" $2,000,000

I'm sure other more graphic language too that we can't bring up on here. 😁

• Thanks 1

Just now, NInsko said:

He was as a penny stock a loss wouldnt have or shouldnt have impacted your team. 

To be honest, none of my other teams had players worth dropping for him. If you already have penny stock on your team though it is an easy decision. You can't drop good players for this guy. People right now are just speculating he will be the alpha WR and I don't know if I buy that. The sample size is one game from last year and thinking that will be just a normal week for him the rest of the year. Evans and Godwin aren't going to be written out here. Could be consistent WR3, but lots of those guys exist.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

To be honest, none of my other teams had players worth dropping for him. If you already have penny stock on your team though it is an easy decision. You can't drop good players for this guy. People right now are just speculating he will be the alpha WR and I don't know if I buy that. The sample size is one game from last year and thinking that will be just a normal week for him the rest of the year. Evans and Godwin aren't going to be written out here. Could be consistent WR3, but lots of those guys exist.

I agree if your players are better and established. I picked him up after Sutton went down and stashed in a IR spot so literally no loss if it didnt work out.. id rather have Sutton tbh. 

Also I always need at least 1 insane WR per year .. Harvin..Gordon.. now its MR.BigChest, these dynomite players that have issues are the most fun to own for some reason. 

Good luck Brother

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, NInsko said:

Stashed AB ..  we are the smartest and superior in every way!!

Didnt stash AB... You guys are so stupid you will regret your decision to stash that lunatic Hes old and Bradys done.. hate hate hate lol (secretly wishes they had AB)

You were doing so well...

31 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I have AB on a team. Just one though. Like investing you want to diversify your portfolio. AB stock is too risky to invest heavily in.

Absolutely this. Took a flier, and in a weird way was happier to do so precisely because I have Godwin. In a warped way you could maybe consider him as a handcuff for Godwin 🤪

6 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Absolutely this. Took a flier, and in a weird way was happier to do so precisely because I have Godwin. In a warped way you could maybe consider him as a handcuff for Godwin 🤪

Let see...week 9 eligible.   Maybe you get partial usage.   Will be tough to start in 10 unless desperate.   11 and 12 are potential starts- but AB still 3 on the wr pecking order.     13 is their bye- that sucks for fantasy.    AB has a rape case in December too.  Eek 

this is a pretty easy call to sell him right now at peak value if you can 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

You were doing so well...

Hyperbole, excitement and a lil bit of joking around is frowned upon? Im excited bro I also see the logic in not getting him if your players are better and you have no room. 

Now that it's official i think wr2 isnt out of the question considering Brady basically made it happen and if it fails its on him. 

1 minute ago, NInsko said:

Hyperbole, excitement and a lil bit of joking around is frowned upon? Im excited bro I also see the logic in not getting him if your players are better and you have no room. 

Now that it's official i think wr2 isnt out of the question considering Brady basically made it happen and if it fails its on him. 

Yeah, that's the key. Like the man above said, a week 13 bye isn't ideal, but that still gives us him for the playoffs after a bedding-in period and bye week to install some things. Then you factor in that it seems the entire receiving corps including the TEs is gimpy. Would it surprise anyone if Evans or Godwin ended up taking a prolonged break some time soon?

24 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

You still have gronk as your starting TE dont you?

swing and a miss

9 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Let see...week 9 eligible.   Maybe you get partial usage.   Will be tough to start in 10 unless desperate.   11 and 12 are potential starts- but AB still 3 on the wr pecking order.     13 is their bye- that sucks for fantasy.    AB has a rape case in December too.  Eek 

I ain’t selling. If it doesn’t happen for him this year, that’s ok. He’s a free awesome keeper pick for next year.

• Like 1

Instant impact WR the second he steps on the field. Look at his half a game with the patriots. He’s set and forget starting week 9. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Evens is a goal line Wr for some reason and not getting any yards godwins barely played howards gone. Bradys former BFFs Welker Edelman . Brown is Bradys new BFF imo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Week 9 LOCKED AND LOADED ROS

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CooL said:

I ain’t selling. If it doesn’t happen for him this year, that’s ok. He’s a free awesome keeper pick for next year.

Yeah a 33 year old head case is just what you’re looking for out of a keeper.  

more than likely he’s a 3 month rental-  if he manages to avoid further punishment and doesn’t freak out.    The better he plays...the bigger the ego grows.    Risk goes up.   And that’s IF he isn’t derailed by other issues.   And IF Evans and Godwin (one of the best duos in the league) see less involvement.    

As a dynasty player-  the blind fanboy optimism should be taken advantage of NOW.   While there’s a lot of unknown.  

7 minutes ago, NInsko said:

Evens is a goal line Wr for some reason and not getting any yards godwins barely played howards gone. Bradys former BFFs Welker Edelman . Brown is Bradys new BFF imo

This.

This take is 100% accurate. Brown is the new "Edelman/Welker" security blanket GO-TO reciever for Brady.  Bradys trusts AB like no other. He begged the Pats to get hima and now the Bucs. Their chemistry the last (and only time) tbey played together was flawless. AB also fits the build type that Brady likes with the exception that he is not white but basically a Edelman/Welker vultron.

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Honolulu Blue Balls said:

Kind of hard to believe a 32 year old WR will command a big payday even if he balls out.  You're right about him having a chance to earn future contracts, but I don't think teams will be offering anything other than short "prove it" deals until retirement, like what AP has been getting.  

I had a chance to add AB last night and strongly considered it, but passed because I couldn't justify dropping anyone for a lottery ticket.  I've been decimated by injuries and have bye weeks coming, so I need to keep players who can contribute now.  I figure he hasn't played in a year, has a new offense to learn, and has serious talent to compete for targets with.  So if he's eligible week 9, then when does he start getting enough snaps/targets to be fantasy relevant?  My guess is week 11 or 12 for a best case scenario.  He could be a nice piece to have for fantasy playoffs, but only if you have room to stash him until then.  

Wow, differing opinions obviously.

This isn't some scrub joining TB in TB. This is future 1st ballot HOF'er AB.

If he starts for TB in week 9 then he will start for my fantasy team.

I'm pretty sure AB knows how to run routes already and is familiar with Brady. He will practice all week leading up to week 9 and will start week 9 and be fantasy relevant. By week 11 or 12 TB to AB in TB will be clicking on all cylinders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Had no one to drop for AB?

Thats interesting. 

I think you could drop Fitzmagic by now...

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Nice spin.

AB has no open criminal investigations pending. Civil cases maybe but those details are already out. He has been punished by the NFL for his criminal accusations. Civil suits are just fighting over $$$.

I'm not desperate and I will start him week 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, and 16.

It will not take AB 3 weeks to become a useable fantasy asset. Elite WRs are elite for a reason.

You call AB the #3 option with relative certainty and I find that to be debatable. He will be the most talented receiver on their team the moment he walks on the field. No other HOF WRs on the Bucs that I see other than AB 👀

The "blind optimism" of getting the WR1 overall in fantasy for 4 consecutive years on the waiver wire. Four years in a row. #1. Not #2. Not #3. #1 for FOUR YEARS. I don't think people understand just how insane that is at the WR position in a sport like football. Probably the best WR of the decade in terms of prolonged dominance. But yes, by all means, continue suggesting he's at best a flex play and it's stupid to think he will produce with the GOAT throwing to him.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Nice spin.

AB has no open criminal investigations pending. Civil cases maybe but those details are already out. He has been punished by the NFL for his criminal accusations. Civil suits are just fighting over $$$.

I'm not desperate and I will start him week 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, and 16.

It will not take AB 3 weeks to become a useable fantasy asset. Elite WRs are elite for a reason.

You call AB the #3 option with relative certainty and I find that to be debatable. He will be the most talented receiver on their team the moment he walks on the field. No other HOF WRs on the Bucs that I see other than AB 👀

Mike Evans will no doubt be a HOFer unless the wheels totally fall off. This is projected to be his lone down year so far in his career. But a few big games would correct that projection and send him to his 7th straight 1,000 yard season. We shall see. I'd say based right now on sheer talent, Godwin is the most talented. However, if you are basing it on resume (stats), then AB I guess fits that criteria.

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Yeah but you're literally just assuming that AB is the #3 WR

Most likely due to bias you hold against the man mixed with sadness of having missed out on adding him. His HOF resume, relationship with Brady and issues with the rest of the WR corps all make Brown an elite fantasy option ROS. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Mike Evans will no doubt be a HOFer unless the wheels totally fall off. This is projected to be his lone down year so far in his career. But a few big games would correct that projection and send him to his 7th straight 1,000 yard season. We shall see. I'd say based right now on sheer talent, Godwin is the most talented. However, if you are basing it on resume (stats), then AB I guess fits that criteria.

Correct.   6 straight thousand yard seasons puts him on pace for the HOF.   brady thinks so too

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/24052/tom-brady-believes-bucs-teammate-mike-evans-is-a-hall-of-famer%3fplatform=amp

• Thanks 1