K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

9 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Mike Evans will no doubt be a HOFer unless the wheels totally fall off. This is projected to be his lone down year so far in his career. But a few big games would correct that projection and send him to his 7th straight 1,000 yard season. We shall see. I'd say based right now on sheer talent, Godwin is the most talented. However, if you are basing it on resume (stats), then AB I guess fits that criteria.

lol...HOF...nahhhhh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yes, and he's done something only one other WR has done and that was Randy Moss. He is on a HOF pace statistically. Anything can happen to derail that, but the consensus is he is definitely headed there barring some major setback. Countless articles have been written on this as to why.

product of this pass happy era, and a volume hog - i really don't see it, regardless of the gaudy stats. 

will agree to vehemently disagree.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

This.

This take is 100% accurate. Brown is the new "Edelman/Welker" security blanket GO-TO reciever for Brady.  Bradys trusts AB like no other. He begged the Pats to get hima and now the Bucs. Their chemistry the last (and only time) tbey played together was flawless. AB also fits the build type that Brady likes with the exception that he is not white but basically a Edelman/Welker vultron.

1 game, 4 short catches on 8 targets.  Flawless chemistry. 

5 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

lol...HOF...nahhhhh

Agreed. If chad Johnson can’t get into the HOF with his resume, Brown isn’t.

And I’m not saying chad should be a hall of famer, but he had 1000+ yard seasons 7 years in a row and led the afc in receiving yards 3 of those years

Edited by Chippa

3 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Agreed. If chad Johnson can’t get into the HOF with his resume, Brown isn’t.

And I’m not saying chad should be a hall of famer, but he had 1000+ yard seasons 7 years in a row and led the afc in receiving yards 3 of those years

Evans is 27.   “On pace” for the HOF is the operative term.   If he retired after this season then no-  he wouldn’t make the hall.   

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Evans is 27.   “On pace” for the HOF is the operative term.   If he retired after this season then no-  he wouldn’t make the hall.   

I was referring to the thought of AB being a hall of famer

At Evans pace current pace his numbers should be better then a lot HOF receivers. Im not sure that gets him in though being how the game has changed and the era he’s in. He will have better number then guys like Michael Irvin. I don’t think too many people would take Evans over Irvin. 

AB was the best WR in the league before he went off the rails. Dude is a grinder and puts in the work off the field. I think it’s a matter of time before he becomes the #1 target on the Bucs. As good as Evans and Godwin are, they ain’t in ABs league (last time he played). 

• Like 1

Just now, Chippa said:

I was referring to the thought of AB being a hall of famer

Oh haha.   My bad Chippa 

11 hours ago, kp96 said:

If Brady lobbied to get him, he's gonna get him the ball to make it look good.  Evans and Godwin owners cannot be happy about this.

Brady lobbied to get another guy who was out of football for years.  How's Gronk doing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chardo said:

Brady lobbied to get another guy who was out of football for years.  How's Gronk doing?

Gronk's body was broken in more places than Antonio Brown has twitter followers ...ergo, analogy fail 🎾

• Like 3

Assuming no suspension and Brown had just signed with TB in the off season, where does he go in drafts?

2 minutes ago, herschel said:

Assuming no suspension and Brown had just signed with TB in the off season, where does he go in drafts?

Round 2-4. 4 because of his behavior, 2 for his upside. Similar range of Godwin/Evans if we're talking redraft start of season.

Edited by harck
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, CooL said:

So who are you packaging him with, and what type of player are you going for?  It sounds like you might not even own him...

I'm happy he's back in the league.  And I'm thrilled that he has the GOAT throwing the ball to him.  I'd rather see him land in a good offense with good surrounding pieces that has a chance at a Super Bowl.  That will keep him motivated and in line.  You think it would have been better for him to end up on the Jets with Joe Flacco throwing him the ball?  In NY, with the crazy overbearing media and pressure of the big city, and with a QB who trips over his own feet when there's nothing but daylight to pay dirt?  Nah.  This dude is a winner and he wants to WIN.  Tampa is a good landing spot for him.  And if he balls out, he'll be able to command a big payday and move on if he wants to.

I have him everywhere. I got on this one quickly. I've already completed one deal. I'm trading him and a WR 2/3 or RB 2/3 for a WR1 or a RB1 and taking the profit. Or conversely I'm taking that high end player in a 1 for 1 if a person is really excited here. I simply think it could take time and be inconsistent for fantasy purposes given the nature of how the Bucs have played this season...I've acknowledged he could be good. I've acknowledged it could not work out like is hoped. This is probably not a hot take. Deciding that he's a surefire superstar again from the jump and trying to force that belief on other people is probably the hot take of the two. It'll be interesting to watch.

Edited by Benjamin1984
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'm pretty sure AB knows how to run routes already and is familiar with Brady. He will practice all week leading up to week 9 and will start week 9 and be fantasy relevant. By week 11 or 12 TB to AB in TB will be clicking on all cylinders. 

A couple weeks on the same team as Brady is not enough time to develop chemistry.  Knowing how to run routes doesn't mean you can immediately learn a playbook, and the WR plays are among the hardest to learn.  He'll learn a % of the plays by the time he's eligible to return, and he'll be on a limited snap count until he's 100% on it.  He's in his 30's, hasn't stepped on the field in a year, no training camp, no time with the playbook, etc.  It doesn't matter how naturally talented you are, getting up to speed will take time.  Like I said, he's a playoff stash with week 11 or 12 as a best case scenario for real fantasy production.  If you have the bench room, it's a great stash.  If you've already lost your top three WR/RB's like I have and desperately need points now, then it's a pass.  

I wish you and all the other AB owners the best of luck though, except for the dude in my league who grabbed him.  

Edited by Honolulu Blue Balls
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Gronk was broken and injury riddled. His body is far worse than AB's. AB should be able to play at a high level instantly.

• Like 2

Does no one else think part of what made AB so good is the fact that Ben would pepper him with 15 targets a game? I don’t know if in a team with Brady at QB and so many weapons that can catch he’s going to command the type of surefire target share that makes him a WR1.  I could see him becoming a solid WR2, with some up and down weeks eventually. I ask all this cause I don’t own him except in one league but considering trying to trade for him. This is my hesitation.

• Like 1

Antonio Brown is the best receiver in Tampa Bay and seniority on team means less than the integrity of the players wearing the jerseys.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Does no one else think part of what made AB so good is the fact that Ben would pepper him with 15 targets a game? I don’t know if in a team with Brady at QB and so many weapons that can catch he’s going to command the type of surefire target share that makes him a WR1.  I could see him becoming a solid WR2, with some up and down weeks eventually. I ask all this cause I don’t own him except in one league but considering trying to trade for him. This is my hesitation.

Does anyone else think that the fact Ben peppered Brown with targets was due to his ability to get open and make plays? Why isn't Juju putting up Brown numbers? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue Balls said:

A couple weeks on the same team as Brady is not enough time to develop chemistry.  Knowing how to run routes doesn't mean you can immediately learn a playbook, and the WR plays are among the hardest to learn.  He'll learn a % of the plays by the time he's eligible to return, and he'll be on a limited snap count until he's 100% on it.  He's in his 30's, hasn't stepped on the field in a year, no training camp, no time with the playbook, etc.  It doesn't matter how naturally talented you are, getting up to speed will take time.  Like I said, he's a playoff stash with week 11 or 12 as a best case scenario for real fantasy production.  If you have the bench room, it's a great stash.  If you've already lost your top three WR/RB's like I have and desperately need points now, then it's a pass.  

I wish you and all the other AB owners the best of luck though, except for the dude in my league who grabbed him.  

He seemed to bypass a lot of that with the Patriots. It will be interesting to watch for sure. 

• Like 1

I think no matter if you are a gleeful “have” or an envious “have not”, we all should probably just exit this thread and return in a few weeks when he actually plays the game. Otherwise we are in for pages and pages of speculation and back and forth banter, when we all really have no clue what is going to transpire. Save the bandwidth and let’s keep this site from crashing. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Does anyone else think that the fact Ben peppered Brown with targets was due to his ability to get open and make plays? Why isn't Juju putting up Brown numbers? 

Not a convincing argument, too reductionist.    no doubt it’s cause he’s good but also part of it was the chemistry he and Ben developed over years and Bens proclivity to chuck the ball a whole lot.  I just see a lot more roadblocks here plus a much older and more troubled brown, a coach that didn’t want to bring him in, a crowded field of elite receivers, and on and on.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CooL said:

I think no matter if you are a gleeful “have” or an envious “have not”, we all should probably just exit this thread and return in a few weeks when he actually plays the game. Otherwise we are in for pages and pages of speculation and back and forth banter, when we all really have no clue what is going to transpire. Save the bandwidth and let’s keep this site from crashing. 

This is a much much different take then the one you just gave me. This is 100% correct.

25 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I mean, ben isnt forcing it to brown anymore, and I think he only has 1 interception on the year or something? 

Brown wasnt surrounded by the guys juju is with, so the target share is a lot more spread out