K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

If Brown gets 15 targets and goes 120-2 and his team loses, he will be strutting all the way back to his limo.

If he goes 3-30-0 and they win, he is going to be knocking over ice coolers and screaming at Byron.

That ish wears thin quickly on a team trying to win a superbowl.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If Brown gets 15 targets and goes 120-2 and his team loses, he will be strutting all the way back to his limo.

If he goes 3-30-0 and they win, he is going to be knocking over ice coolers and screaming at Byron.

That ish wears thin quickly on a team trying to win a superbowl.

 

Brady didn't lobby to get AB to TB so he could get scottie miller type numbers. 

 

If he goes 3 for 30 then the whole game plan was destroyed somehow. 

 

ABs first game with Brady in NE with almost no practice AB got 4 catches and a rushing attempt and a TD on like 8 targets. It's fair to say TB will feed AB at everyone else's expense.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NInsko said:

Says the guy without AB LOL.. 

 

Nope. Dropped him for Gio yesterday. No regrets. 

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Brady didn't lobby to get AB to TB so he could get scottie miller type numbers. 

 

If he goes 3 for 30 then the whole game plan was destroyed somehow. 

 

ABs first game with Brady in NE with almost no practice AB got 4 catches and a rushing attempt and a TD on like 8 targets. It's fair to say TB will feed AB at everyone else's expense.

It is fair to say Brady may try to do that, but it may not work because Brady is now 43 and Antonio Brown has been basically out of football for almost two years.

And if it doesn't?  How will Brown handle it?  With professionalism and a newfound humility?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Brady didn't lobby to get AB to TB so he could get scottie miller type numbers. 

 

If he goes 3 for 30 then the whole game plan was destroyed somehow. 

 

ABs first game with Brady in NE with almost no practice AB got 4 catches and a rushing attempt and a TD on like 8 targets. It's fair to say TB will feed AB at everyone else's expense.

I understand your logic but feeding AB at everyone else's expense doesn't make a ton of sense for the team either. Mike Evans and Chris Godwin are likely to be around a lot longer then Antonio Brown. I think there is a good chance AB wants to come in and prove he's a good teammate here and is willing to change. Getting through this and looking like a good teammate would do more for him in continuing his career then anything else would to me. I think the ultimate goal here is winning, not forcing AB his numbers. Lobbying to get him anywhere isn't difficult. It isn't much of an investment and they can just walk away if he doesn't cooperate. I could certainly be wrong but this seems like a possible headache with all 3 unless the volume comes up. 

Edited by Benjamin1984
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

ABs first game with Brady in NE with almost no practice AB got 4 catches and a rushing attempt and a TD on like 8 targets. It's fair to say TB will feed AB at everyone else's expense.

On a 33% snap share to boot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Brady didn't lobby to get AB to TB so he could get scottie miller type numbers. 

 

If he goes 3 for 30 then the whole game plan was destroyed somehow. 

 

ABs first game with Brady in NE with almost no practice AB got 4 catches and a rushing attempt and a TD on like 8 targets. It's fair to say TB will feed AB at everyone else's expense.


Yep. AB will soon be #1 in the Tampa WR food chain.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:


Not a convincing argument, too reductionist.    no doubt it’s cause he’s good but also part of it was the chemistry he and Ben developed over years and Bens proclivity to chuck the ball a whole lot.  I just see a lot more roadblocks here plus a much older and more troubled brown, a coach that didn’t want to bring him in, a crowded field of elite receivers, and on and on.  

He had instant chemistry with Brady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

He had instant chemistry with Brady.

At the start of 2019.  On a different team with a different offensive system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, CooL said:

I think no matter if you are a gleeful “have” or an envious “have not”, we all should probably just exit this thread and return in a few weeks when he actually plays the game. Otherwise we are in for pages and pages of speculation and back and forth banter, when we all really have no clue what is going to transpire. Save the bandwidth and let’s keep this site from crashing. 

Well said and very responsible, mature post. I agree, and will just say this final point on the matter before gracefully exiting this thread and never returning:

 

 

 

 

 

 

tenor.gif?itemid=5983403

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

At the start of 2019.  On a different team with a different offensive system.

Even then it was 4 catches for 56 yards against probably the worst team in football at the time. The memories that people carry for what was really just one solid performance is something else lol. The people saying we don't know what will happen are correct. I don't know anything and neither does anyone else.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

At the start of 2019.  On a different team with a different offensive system.

Brown can play in any system. He's one of the GOATS. Either way, I wish you managed to sign him, it would rub me wrong too if I missed. I almost missed. It was close.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Brown can play in any system. He's one of the GOATS. Either way, I wish you managed to sign him, it would rub me wrong too if I missed. I almost missed. It was close.

Brown was sitting there for free in my league and that is right where I left him.  Too much chance of an in-game sideline meltdown.  I don't do crazy.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Brown was sitting there for free in my league and that is right where I left him.  Too much chance of an in-game sideline meltdown.  I don't do crazy.

 

Potential lottery ticket and you don't have some bum to drop? I find that curious.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If Brown gets 15 targets and goes 120-2 and his team loses, he will be strutting all the way back to his limo.

If he goes 3-30-0 and they win, he is going to be knocking over ice coolers and screaming at Byron.

That ish wears thin quickly on a team trying to win a superbowl.

 

To be fair, the ice cooler tantrum with AB happened before the half in a 3 point rivalry game against the Ravens after he ran a perfect route on 3rd down and had about 10 yards of separation with no safety over the top and Big Ben missed him. That kinda passion is no different than what Brady did on Thursday Night against the Bears, throwing a temper tantrum at Ryan Jensen. Brady understands that kinda passion and knows (as evidenced by their time together in New England) it's in his best interest to give AB the targets his talent deserves.

Brown is going to be heavily targeted when he plays and is scheduled to finish the year in warm weather games against bad defenses: Atlanta / Minnesota / Detroit / Atlanta. That's all I really care about.

At worst (assuming he's not suspended again), I think he's the WR version of early season Kareem Hunt: low snap totals with high usage, playing behind and alongside other big talents. At best, he's an 85% snap wideout down the stretch with 13 target upside (35% target share), playing bad defenses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

 

To be fair, the ice cooler tantrum with AB happened before the half in a 3 point rivalry game against the Ravens after he ran a perfect route on 3rd down and had about 10 yards of separation with no safety over the top and Big Ben missed him. That kinda passion is no different than what Brady did on Thursday Night against the Bears, throwing a temper tantrum at Ryan Jensen.

THIS argument again. 

OBJ does the same thing as Brady, right? no different, you'd say.

except those guys are locker room cancers. Brady is not

Edited by Chippa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly had no clue AB was even coming back and was surprised to see him picked up Thursday morning in both of my leagues.   

Does anyone know if the guy has been working out or doing anything in the last year ?   

He was bat poop crazy the last time I heard ANYthing about him.   It will be interesting to see how this plays out ?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Chippa said:

THIS argument again. 

OBJ does the same thing as Brady, right? no different, you'd say.

except those guys are locker room cancers. Brady is not

 

Didn't say anything about OBJ. If you want to compare him to Brady, that's fine.

Someone above said AB is going to yell at the OC and knock over ice coolers after wins. I simply added clarity to his past encounter with an ice cooler so people aren't blinded by misinformation.

AB has a career 65% winning percentage. It really is too bad the Steelers employed this cancer or else they could have been a dynasty, right??

Edited by MrCantaloupe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry too much about learning the playbook, Brown only really needs to learn one route: run straight ahead and let Brady throw to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

 

Didn't say anything about OBJ. If you want to compare him to Brady, that's fine.

Someone above said AB is going to yell at the OC and knock over ice coolers after wins. I simply added clarity to his past encounter with an ice cooler so people aren't blinded by misinformation.

AB has a career 65% winning percentage. It really is too bad the Steelers employed this cancer or else they could have been a dynasty, right??

Yeah Antonio Brown has been such a great teammate and helped three different teams get so many wins since the last few games of the 2018 season.  And he has been great off the field, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yeah Antonio Brown has been such a great teammate and helped three different teams get so many wins since the last few games of the 2018 season.  And he has been great off the field, too!

Nah bro, Brady and AB are the same. They’re passionate

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CooL said:

I think no matter if you are a gleeful “have” or an envious “have not”, we all should probably just exit this thread and return in a few weeks when he actually plays the game. Otherwise we are in for pages and pages of speculation and back and forth banter, when we all really have no clue what is going to transpire. Save the bandwidth and let’s keep this site from crashing. 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Cousin Vinny

What a great film.  If any of you yutes have not seen it, check it out.

Speaking of lawyers, Antonio Brown is still tangled up in his civil lawsuit.  Roger could extend his suspension if any more negative stuff comes out, or any new stuff occurs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

At the start of 2019.  On a different team with a different offensive system.

Dang, you're right.

Antonio Brown probably forgot how to play football in the last year and will never grasp this complex system in time to help fantasy ballers.

Oh wait, that's ridiculous. Dude was the best WR in the league. You don't forget how to do that -- and Bruce Arians system will include AB running routes, beating coverages and securing targets from the GOAT. Seriously, I know that I'm simplifying things, but this is just a game after all. When you're one of the best receivers in NFL history it's not particularly difficult to pickup a system...

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...