K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Brown was sitting there for free in my league and that is right where I left him.  Too much chance of an in-game sideline meltdown.  I don't do crazy.

Crazy or not it's not like he will mess with your virtual team's chemistry. Might as well have picked him up and see where it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Dang, you're right.

Antonio Brown probably forgot how to play football in the last year and will never grasp this complex system in time to help fantasy ballers.

Oh wait, that's ridiculous. Dude was the best WR in the league. You don't forget how to do that -- and Bruce Arians system will include AB running routes, beating coverages and securing targets from the GOAT. Seriously, I know that I'm simplifying things, but this is just a game after all. When you're one of the best receivers in NFL history it's not particularly difficult to pickup a system...

 

Agreed.

 

2013 Antonio Brown was the #3 PPR WR in points per game (PPG), he was behind Demaryius Thomas who was receiving from the best ever season from Peyton, and Josh Gordon's historic year. 

2014 Brown was the #1 PPR WR in PPG.

2015 Brown was the #1 PPR WR in PPG.

2016 Brown was the #1 PPR WR in PPG.

2017 Brown was the #1 PPR WR in PPG.

2018 Brown was the #1 PPR WR in PPG.

 

I get that he's a couple years removed from playing a full season, but I can't fathom better upside on the waivers at this point. 

Edited by vercrazy
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

 

Agreed.

 

2013 Antonio Brown was the #3 PPR WR in points per game (PPG), he was behind Demaryius Thomas who was receiving from the best ever season from Peyton, and Josh Gordon's historic year. 

2014 Brown was the #1 PPR WR in PPG.

2015 Brown was the #1 PPR WR in PPG.

2016 Brown was the #1 PPR WR in PPG.

2017 Brown was the #1 PPR WR in PPG.

2018 Brown was the #1 PPR WR in PPG.

 

I get that he's a couple years removed from playing a full season, but I can't fathom better upside on the waivers at this point. 

Brown was #5 in 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chardo said:

Brady lobbied to get another guy who was out of football for years.  How's Gronk doing?

 

 78 yards and a td his last game isn't too bad.  Maybe it took him a while to get going after taking a year off.  Same could happen with AB.  But if you're using Gronk as proof that AB is going to face plant, you didn't see his last game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Brown was #5 in 2018

 

In points per game he was higher, but checking it looks like Devante Adams was slightly higher still so he was 2nd in 2018. Still, same thought in terms of upside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

My Cousin Vinny

What a great film.  If any of you yutes have not seen it, check it out.

Speaking of lawyers, Antonio Brown is still tangled up in his civil lawsuit.  Roger could extend his suspension if any more negative stuff comes out, or any new stuff occurs.

 

Not a lawyer or will pretend to know timelines of legal events preceding a court hearing.  I would hope AB's agent and lawyers would have guided him appropriately on this.  I'm going with that he is fine as long as he doesn't act an a**.  Who knows though....AB is nuts and I am sure he hangs out with some strange kitties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate the enthusiasm in here surrounding AB's prospects as a BUC. However, a previous poster hit the nail on the head IMO. AB is a one year rental. A troubled one at that. He is cheap. Dirt cheap. You have two excellent LONG TERM receivers on your roster who have been with the team even longer than Brady. But because we (I say 'we' because I have him rostered) picked him up, he is now going to take over a majority of the targets relegating Evans and Godwin to supporting cast members? Highly improbable. Evans and Godwin will not take a back seat to AB. And Brady knows he cannot just lock on to AB and pepper him with 13 targets per game. He has to feed his guys. I believe AB will get some run but not as much as many have predicted. He is a one year rental auditioning for one more bag. Can he still play? Can he play nice without causing problems in the locker room? Owners should be happy if he lasts until the end of the year. Don't get upset with this post because what I say isn't what you prayed and hoped for. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I appreciate the enthusiasm in here surrounding AB's prospects as a BUC. However, a previous poster hit the nail on the head IMO. AB is a one year rental. A troubled one at that. He is cheap. Dirt cheap. You have two excellent LONG TERM receivers on your roster who have been with the team even longer than Brady. But because we (I say 'we' because I have him rostered) picked him up, he is now going to take over a majority of the targets relegating Evans and Godwin to supporting cast members? Highly improbable. Evans and Godwin will not take a back seat to AB. And Brady knows he cannot just lock on to AB and pepper him with 13 targets per game. He has to feed his guys. I believe AB will get some run but not as much as many have predicted. He is a one year rental auditioning for one more bag. Can he still play? Can he play nice without causing problems in the locker room? Owners should be happy if he lasts until the end of the year. Don't get upset with this post because what I say isn't what you prayed and hoped for. 


They made the choice to go out and get him. Brady wanted him. Brady made a point to target him when they brought him in in NE. The other two WR have also had injury issues. I’ll take him for a FA pickup halfway through the season. 
 

Also, not sure what the long term prospects for the other two matter. Brady is nearing the end of his career and wants to win another ring or two. I doubt he is worried about uplifting the psyche of Evans or Godwin for years to come.
 

 

Edited by mjkp64
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mjkp64 said:


They made the choice to go out and get him. Brady wanted him. Brady made a point to target him when they brought him in in NE. The other two WR have also had injury issues. I’ll take him for a FA pickup halfway through the season. 
 

Also, not sure what the long term prospects for the other two matter. Brady is nearing the end of his career and wants to win another ring or two. I doubt he is worried about uplifting the psyche of Evans or Godwin for years to come.
 

 

They brought AB in the same way they brought Gronk in. To give Brady more weapons and hide his age. Gronk is not the centerpiece of the offense and I doubt AB will be either. The long term prospects of the other two receivers ARE important to the chemistry of the team. Remember, Arians will "God willing" remain the coach long after Brady is gone and definitely after AB's 4 months are up. So, because a couple of "sharks" picked him up from waivers, we are going to make him (a guy who has had tons of locker room, off the field problems, and hasn't played football in a very long time) the top reciving option? I would LOVE to believe that. I really would, but I don't see it playing out that way. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

They brought AB in the same way they brought Gronk in. To give Brady more weapons and hide his age. Gronk is not the centerpiece of the offense and I doubt AB will be either. The long term prospects of the other two receivers ARE important to the chemistry of the team. Remember, Arians will "God willing" remain the coach long after Brady is gone and definitely after AB's 4 months are up. So, because a couple of "sharks" picked him up from waivers, we are going to make him (a guy who has had tons of locker room, off the field problems, and hasn't played football in a very long time) the top reciving option? I would LOVE to believe that. I really would, but I don't see it playing out that way. 


I just think he can be helpful to fantasy teams out there. I realize there are a lot of mouths to feed, but I could see him being involved. If not, oh well, most of us didn’t give up much for him.

Edited by mjkp64
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people who are being salty weren’t able to grab him in time. We were basically able to pick up a solid flex at worst off the FA list for FREE. Yes we know the headache that comes with AB, but are there any other FAs that have his upside? If he somehow busts or goes nuts again to get the boot, who cares? We picked him up for free. However, the potential for being a league winner is too huge to just watch him sit and have an opponent pick him up. Owners just need to enjoy the FREE ride and block out the pessimists. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

They brought AB in the same way they brought Gronk in. To give Brady more weapons and hide his age. Gronk is not the centerpiece of the offense and I doubt AB will be either. The long term prospects of the other two receivers ARE important to the chemistry of the team. Remember, Arians will "God willing" remain the coach long after Brady is gone and definitely after AB's 4 months are up. So, because a couple of "sharks" picked him up from waivers, we are going to make him (a guy who has had tons of locker room, off the field problems, and hasn't played football in a very long time) the top reciving option? I would LOVE to believe that. I really would, but I don't see it playing out that way. 

 Brady is signed for 2 yrs and they are in win now mode, signing MR.BIGCHEST a tarnished never in the league again star is proof of that.. do you think Brady would want AB so badly if he wasnt better than what he already has?  C'mon Man.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady is averaging 37 passing attempts per game this season. That's 37 targets per game.

Even if Evans, Brown and Godwin average 8 targets each per game, that's 24 total targets between the 3 of them. That leaves 13 targets per game for the TEs, RBs and backup scrub WRs like Miller and Watson, which sounds reasonable.
 

I think Evans and Godwin will be just fine.

Edited by gbill2004
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

You wait....

 

until he signed with a team....

 

and dropped him....

 

For a career backup....

 

Who will likely play 1 game...

 

 

This is it. You've won.

I think Mixon misses multiple weeks. Rumour is he has Plantar Fasciitis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Brady is averaging 37 passing attempts per game this season. That's 37 targets per game.

Even if Evans, Brown and Godwin average 8 targets each per game, that's 24 total targets between the 3 of them. That leaves 13 targets per game for the TEs, RBs and backup scrub WRs like Miller and Watson, which sounds reasonable.
 

I think Evans and Godwin will be just fine.

We need more of this... facts and rational analysis. Thank you.

Forum has turned into a bunch of hype trains and subjective armchair quarterback BS. Keep on keeping it real gbill.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vercrazy said:

 

In points per game he was higher, but checking it looks like Devante Adams was slightly higher still so he was 2nd in 2018. Still, same thought in terms of upside.

 Let’s all be honest with ourselves for once. This was all when he was in his prime and 2yrs ago which u did state. That was also accomplished with a QB and a offensive system that he was very familiar with for almost a decade, familiarity was huge in his success between him and Ben, different story now, especially with a declining Brady. He also didn’t have nowhere the talent to compete for targets with while he was in Pit compared to what he will be playing with in TB. He also has a lot on his plate to deal with which he didn’t have in those yrs as far as his rape accusations go. So expecting those kinda #’s your asking for disappointment to say the least. Striking gold on a Claypool, Fulgham, Higgins, Jefferson, etc I’d be more excited about than having a declining 32yr old who is one hiccup away or the Commish finding/receiving any news to not even playing in the league, I’m good, give me the others above all day.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

I think Mixon misses multiple weeks. Rumour is he has Plantar Fasciitis. 

Oof 

I have the same problem currently lol.   It sucks.   Like you’re stepping on a sharp rock with your heel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

I think Mixon misses multiple weeks. Rumour is he has Plantar Fasciitis. 

This is simply not true at all, lol. Please share a source 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Isaacxhan said:

I think people who are being salty weren’t able to grab him in time. We were basically able to pick up a solid flex at worst off the FA list for FREE. Yes we know the headache that comes with AB, but are there any other FAs that have his upside? If he somehow busts or goes nuts again to get the boot, who cares? We picked him up for free. However, the potential for being a league winner is too huge to just watch him sit and have an opponent pick him up. Owners just need to enjoy the FREE ride and block out the pessimists. 

Don’t think that’s totally true....I passed on AB and had plenty of time to scoop him up. Only real options I had to pick him up was dropping Claypool, Higgins, and Fulgham(I was also offered a trade from the guy that picked up AB who also owns Evans for one of these guys straight up, and I declined)not gonna risk what they bring to the table for a guy like AB who is a blink away from being out the league as well as being in a 3 way committee with Evans and Goodwin, no thanks. So to say everyone on here is salty because they didn’t act fast enough just isn’t true. To many unknowns with this guy, that I’m not willing to risk in my situation. AB owners may be in a different situation and I can see why they may be excited, they may really have no choice but to be. 

Edited by Tomei7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Chargers88 said:

I thought the rumor was lis franc sprain for mixon 

So, why is all this Mixon stuff in the AB thread? 🤭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Don’t think that’s totally true....I passed on AB and had plenty of time to scoop him up. Only real options I had to pick him up was dropping Claypool, Higgins, and Fulgham(I was also offered a trade from the guy that picked up AB who also owns Evans for one of these guys straight up, and I declined)not gonna risk what they bring to the table for a guy like AB who is a blink away from being out the league as well as being in a 3 way committee with Evans and Goodwin, no thanks. So to say everyone on here is salty because they didn’t act fast enough just isn’t true. To many unknowns with this guy, that I’m not willing to risk in my situation. AB owners may be in a different situation and I can see why they may be excited, they may really have no choice but to be. 

Agree .. I would not drop Claypool etc either. I dropped a scrub RB 5.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

I think Mixon misses multiple weeks. Rumour is he has Plantar Fasciitis. 

Fake news and wrong thread, Aaron Jones is dealing with a calf strain not plantar fasciitis. Take that to the Aaron Jones thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Don’t think that’s totally true....I passed on AB and had plenty of time to scoop him up. Only real options I had to pick him up was dropping Claypool, Higgins, and Fulgham(I was also offered a trade from the guy that picked up AB who also owns Evans for one of these guys straight up, and I declined)not gonna risk what they bring to the table for a guy like AB who is a blink away from being out the league as well as being in a 3 way committee with Evans and Goodwin, no thanks. So to say everyone on here is salty because they didn’t act fast enough just isn’t true. To many unknowns with this guy, that I’m not willing to risk in my situation. AB owners may be in a different situation and I can see why they may be excited, they may really have no choice but to be. 

Even if you don't want him...SOMEBODY in your league would value him.  So you pick him up at the very least because he's a tradeable asset.  Are you carrying two tight ends?  Two defenses?  Do you have any handcuff RBs that are not startable unless of injury?  Heck, it was Wednesday when Schefty tweeted I think?  Drop your KICKER and pick up AB immediately just to see what would transpire.  If he didn't sign, then drop him again Sunday morning and pick up your kicker back.  

It's one thing if somebody else had a quicker thumb than you and sniped AB before you could.  That's just tough luck and kudos to your league mate.

It's another thing if you willing passed on this upside asset because of preconceived notions about his value.  That's just asinine and poor strategy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.