K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I’m not pounding any drum, just trying to discuss Antonio Brown’s 2020 outlook. So which 12 WRs would you take before AB, assuming he played a full season with Ravens?

Thats the problem. We assumed hed play a full season last year. Its all his antics that are keeping people from drafting him. If he did play a full season theres a good chance hed be top 5/10

5 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Brown won’t end up being convicted of a felony. 

”Brown was initially charged with felony burglary with battery in January, but the charge was not included in the March 20 state filing.”

“It's possible the state will offer Brown the chance to negotiate a plea deal.“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28993356/antonio-brown-charged-alleged-assault-driver-florida%3fplatform=amp

Are you just expressing your optimism here?  Because he’s currently been charged with a felony.

46 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Are you just expressing your optimism here?  Because he’s currently been charged with a felony.

It’s just my opinion that he won’t end up being convicted of a felony.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Very possible.  In that case a plea bargain means guilty....without the jail time.    Then there’s the matter of the multiple outstanding civil cases-  which Goodell uses as he sees fit when sentencing. Then there’s the threatening of material witnesses he pulled last season. I honestly don’t know if we see AB at all in 20/21.  Week 9 is absolute best case scenario.    

IF he’s able to stay out of jail,  settle his civil cases,  and shut the F up until then.  

Edited by Impreza178
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Very possible.  In that case a plea bargain means guilty....without the jail time.    Then there’s the matter of the multiple outstanding civil cases-  which Goodell uses as he sees fit when sentencing. Then there’s the threatening of material witnesses he pulled last season. I honestly don’t know if we see AB at all in 20/21.  Week 9 is absolute best case scenario.    

IF he’s able to stay out of jail,  settle his civil cases,  and shut the F up until then.  

Don’t forget that no one can say right now when his criminal trial would even be held at this point.  I do doubt the Broward Co. prosecutor would choose to charge him with a felony if they didn’t think they had the evidence to convict.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Of course. Hes rich so it would probably be settled out of court. Maybe 6 months probation/community service.

8 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I’m not pounding any drum, just trying to discuss Antonio Brown’s 2020 outlook. So which 12 WRs would you take before AB, assuming he played a full season with Ravens?

Thomas, Adams, Hill, Julio, Hopkins, Godwin, Evans, Golladay, Cooper, ODB, Moore, ARob, Juju, Kupp, Ridley, Thielen, Chark, Lockett, Keenan.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Thomas, Adams, Hill, Julio, Hopkins, Godwin, Evans, Golladay, Cooper, ODB, Moore, ARob, Juju, Kupp, Ridley, Thielen, Chark, Lockett, Keenan.

Again, I could see about half of those. If we’re assuming a full, healthy season, no way would I take Golladay, Moore, ARob, JuJu, Ridley, Thielen, Chark, Lockett, or Keenan over Antonio Brown.

Edited by Lamont Sanford

5 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Again, I could see about half of those. If we’re assuming a full, healthy season, no way would I take Golladay, Moore, ARob, JuJu, Ridley, Thielen, Chark, Lockett, or Keenan over Antonio Brown.

When you say a “full, healthy season,” do you mean physically healthy or mentally healthy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

When you say a “full, healthy season,” do you mean physically healthy or mentally healthy?

As physically and mentally healthy as he needs to be to play football. How mentally healthy was he in 2018 when he had 1300 yards and 15 TDs?

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

As physically and mentally healthy as he needs to be to play football. How mentally healthy was he in 2018 when he had 1300 yards and 15 TDs?

At the time I believe he was only 3 cards short of a full deck 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

More than he was in 2019.

As far as I know, he was plenty physically healthy enough to play last year.  Mentally?  Not so much.

14 minutes ago, BMcP said:

More than he was in 2019.

As far as I know, he was plenty physically healthy enough to play last year.  Mentally?  Not so much.

I dont know how you can see what happened to him and assume he plays at all anymore

• Thanks 1

We have not had a full-blown meltdown from Antonio Brown in several weeks.  But before that, there was seemingly a new one every few days.

I wonder what changed?  He did SOO much damage to his rep last year.

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

One incredibly dumb organization thought they could tame Brown last year and he blew up their season.  Then, Belichick thought he was getting a superstar at a bargain price, but that blew up, too.

I would be flat out gobsmacked if another team rolled the dice on this guy.  If he ever gets reinstated.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I wonder what changed? 

Quarantine? Might be the best thing to happen to AB.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Everyone of those guys aside from maybe Lockett and Ridley are getting more targets than AB would on the Ravens.

Edited by Evincar

I feel that the best place to draft AB, is after you have WR1 and WR2. The risk/reward with him makes him a luxury piece, not a cornerstone.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ncbobcats said:

I feel that the best place to draft AB, is after you have WR1 and WR2. The risk/reward with him makes him a luxury piece, not a cornerstone.

I'm thinking the best place is on someone else's bench.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

I dont know how you can see what happened to him and assume he plays at all anymore

people said the same thing about josh gordon. and now that roger goodell has decriminalized marijuana for the NFL, flash is exonerated.

for antonio brown's return, all we need to see is roger goodell greenlighting depravity, stupidity, and overall diva inclinations.

3stkmn.png

tenor.gif?itemid=14012298

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, Evincar said:

Everyone of those guys aside from maybe Lockett and Ridley are getting more targets than AB would on the Ravens.

AB could still be the best WR in football but your right for the ravens he just wouldn’t get the 150-180 targets that he got every year in Pittsburgh. Not to mention those targets from Big Ben are better quality throws than the ones Lamar would be throwing him. However AB being awesome and probably yapping about wanting the ball every play he would get 120-130 targets at least. 130 targets would have been 13th most in the league last year. If the ravens signed him and news around him was positive I would take a chance on him for the correct price. 

34 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

He could hire the pope and it wouldn’t change anything 

I agree that the Pope probably wouldn’t help get AB back on a team, but a hiring a sports agent certainly seems like a step in the right direction.