K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Fake news and wrong thread, Aaron Jones is dealing with a calf strain not plantar fasciitis. Take that to the Aaron Jones thread.

Learn how to read. We were talking about Joe Mixon, not Aaron Jones. 

1 minute ago, gbill2004 said:

Learn how to read. We were talking about Joe Mixon, not Aaron Jones. 

Mixon, Jones, AB it's all just one happy thread that covers all. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tomei7 said:

Let’s all be honest with ourselves for once. This was all when he was in his prime and 2yrs ago which u did state. That was also accomplished with a QB and a offensive system that he was very familiar with for almost a decade, familiarity was huge in his success between him and Ben, different story now, especially with a declining Brady. He also didn’t have nowhere the talent to compete for targets with while he was in Pit compared to what he will be playing with in TB. He also has a lot on his plate to deal with which he didn’t have in those yrs as far as his rape accusations go. So expecting those kinda #’s your asking for disappointment to say the least. Striking gold on a Claypool, Fulgham, Higgins, Jefferson, etc I’d be more excited about than having a declining 32yr old who is one hiccup away or the Commish finding/receiving any news to not even playing in the league, I’m good, give me the others above all day.

That is not the way I look at it. It is taking that information and saying that he has a decent chance of being a top 15-20 WR still. Most people could use that in one way or another on their team. Another thing worth considering and has been stated enough already in this thread is Evans and Godwin's injury potential. Throughout the rest of the season there is probably about a 20-30% chance any given week at least one of them will not be playing. Which then changes outcomes also.

On 10/21/2020 at 8:22 PM, Tomei7 said:

You can infatuate with workout videos or his agent trying to cause a non existent bid war till ur blue in the face, but this will be short lived. No organization will touch this dirtbag unless he is proved innocent and the case is closed, which looks to be in December. Being accused for rape is a serious issue for any man along with the organization who would employee him thru this process, no owner will take that burden for a 32yr old selfish quack like AB who has burned every NFL team that he’s been a part of. His track record speaks for itself. If ur in desperate need of WRs I can understand the hype and this short lived excitement, sell sell sell before it’s too late. 

This thread 🧵 will be a ghost town in a few weeks, KARMA is real folks and AB got aplenty coming his way. Stay Tuned!!

This aged well.

I have stayed tuned in. 

AB has ended up with the GOAT Brady.

Looks like he has the potential to be a league winner.

Apparently TB owners were willing to take on a 32 year old quack at the behest of the 6 time super bowl champion QB running the offense.

It's nice to get such a difference maker for free, potential league winner.

Stay Tuned 👀

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 4

Could of sworn I seen Aaron Jones in that post, all gd

Edited by Tomei7

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Week 9

So sell for 1st in dynasty or hold if you have reasonable bench. Gotcha. 

30 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

You're having a super lucky season then, because there's no way to explain how one person would get Fulgham, Claypool, Higgins, Gaskin, and Goedert from waivers unless they were lucky at picking guys before they blew up, made lucky trades, or the rest of the league was pretty slow at making moves. 

I think there's a decent chance AB flames out, but I think there's also a decent chance he has tradable value and is worth a spot for most unless you have insanely short benches or an absolutely stacked roster.

Drafted Goedert didn’t get get him off waivers but he’s in my IR, picked up Claypool before his blowup game vs the Eagles, just had the feeling(didn’t start him but I’ve been aware of his upside, especially as a Steelers fan), Gaskin I got after wk 2, off waivers, Higgins I got off waivers after wk 3, the surprise of them all was acquiring Fulgham after his wk 5 blowup after waivers cleared, I didn’t even use my #5 priority on him cause I was expecting him to be gone before I had a chance, my league mates are pretty gd at making gd moves but I think they just either overlooked him which is very rare or thought his game was a fluke same can be said with Higgins but I did get him off of waiver priority, this league I’m in also requires $10 per move so some will hold back when uncertain. But to say the least, yeah I do agree I’ve been pretty lucky but a lot of it had to do with seeing it before it actually happens, like getting Claypool.

Edited by Tomei7

You would hold onto Mapletron who has only played in five career games instead of 6 time Pro-bowler Antonio Brown?  

Yeah, I would, too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You would hold onto Mapletron who has only played in five career games instead of 6 time Pro-bowler Antonio Brown?  

Yeah, I would, too.

I wouldn’t even hesitate

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

This aged well.

I have stayed tuned in. 

Apparently TB owners were willing to take on a 32 year old quack at the behest of the 6 time super bowl champion QB running the offense.

Stay Tuned 👀

We have no idea how it aged because Brown has not played a single down for his new team.  He never did play a single down for his first new team after Pittsburgh, and he lasted only one game with his second new team.  Because he simply could not hold the crazy together when adversity hit.

The victory lap you are running, two days after Brown has signed with Tampa, is quite premature.  I would like to see him make it through two weeks of practice and convince the coaches he will be active on game day week 9, first.

• Like 2

This aged well.

I have stayed tuned in. 

Stay Tuned 👀

All gd, and I’ll admit I was wrong but to my surprise I didn’t expect for a team to take the risk with the pending case going on. There is no guarantees with any of our opinions or outlook. IMO I still don’t see him being more than a WR3 and or finishing the season because of the short leash on him along with being 32 when injuries tend to start being an issue. Let’s see where we are 4-6 weeks from now before we start crowning him a potential league winner, which I just don’t see in this offense.

2 hours ago, CooL said:

Fair enough.  I guess I probably wouldn't pick up AB in 8 or 10 teamers either if my team was loaded as yours.  In 12 or 14 team leagues where the wire is bare, it's a no brainer.  

I still contend that dropping your kicker would be the proper move regardless of your roster.  Kickers are a dime a dozen.  Tucker is tied for league lead with Blankenship and Sanders.  All three of those guys are on their bye this week, yet I bet it's only Tucker that is being held by some owners just for name alone.  Guys like Butker and Lutz who I'm sure were in the top 3 drafted are nowhere near the top of the leaderboard.

Obviously ur probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer thinkn it would be an 8-10team league, not a fan of 10teamers never was and never will. And yes I do own Tucker and would never drop him for a high risk player IMO, he has the highest floor of any K in the league.

Edited by Tomei7

32 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

All gd, and I’ll admit I was wrong but to my surprise I didn’t expect for a team to take the risk with the pending case going on. There is no guarantees with any of our opinions or outlook. IMO I still don’t see him being more than a WR3 and or finishing the season because of the short leash on him along with being 32 when injuries tend to start being an issue. Let’s see where we are 4-6 weeks from now before we start crowning him a potential league winner, which I just don’t see in this offense.

Why don't you see it? Just curious...

If AB is even 75% of his normal self, then he's still a top 10 talent in the league. That's how insane he was in his prime. Despite what you think about him off the field, on the field he's one of the smartest WRs ever and possibly the best route runner of all time. He picked up the Pats offense in a week and was able to contribute. The Pats had a notoriously complicated offensive scheme btw.

Brady has no reliable weapons in this offense that are consistently available. Evans has been hurt for weeks, Godwin has barely played this season, OJ Howard is on IR, Scotty Miller is hurt again...

If Brady zeros in on AB then he has tremendous upside. And you basically get this for free if you had to foresight to grab him before the news broke out. I don't see the downside here.

Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions...lets lock this til week 9. AB was great, went crazy and nobody knows what to expect. He is in a great situation and if he keeps his head on hos shoulders he will be productive. How much? Who knows. They will keep running rojo when they win and run clock.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UncleCalvinDidley said:

Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions...lets lock this til week 9. AB was great, went crazy and nobody knows what to expect. He is in a great situation and if he keeps his head on hos shoulders he will be productive. How much? Who knows. They will keep running rojo when they win and run clock.

Lock to week 9? You seem jaded 

8 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

We have no idea how it aged because Brown has not played a single down for his new team.  He never did play a single down for his first new team after Pittsburgh, and he lasted only one game with his second new team.  Because he simply could not hold the crazy together when adversity hit.

The victory lap you are running, two days after Brown has signed with Tampa, is quite premature.  I would like to see him make it through two weeks of practice and convince the coaches he will be active on game day week 9, first.

Just a few days ago several people were saying he would never be signed.

8 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Have to see if the skills have diminished.

Is it your contention that AB is not talented enough?

I feel good about grabbing him in my keeper league and losing a late round pick next year If he works out. Not sure what will happen with him. Before the drama started he was healthy and looked like a HOF player in his prime. Hard to imagine he won’t be good when he’s back to speed. 

Just a few days ago several people were saying he would never be signed.

Have to see if the skills have diminished.

Is it your contention that AB is not talented enough?

Never said he wasn’t talented, he was one of the best if not the best. He’s not playing for Pit anymore and getting force fed the ball by a QB and a playbook he’s known and been adapted to for 9yrs. He won’t get force fed the ball because there are 2 WR1’s on the team who are the future, Pitt never had 2 WR1’s when Brown played there(Juju is not a WR1 btw). He’s 32yrs old, the reality of it all, is that his skills will diminish along with the injury bug playn a factor cause of age, he’s also played only 23 snaps in 2yrs not ideal for any NFL player. Those are all facts and my expectations will be that Brown will get opportunity in TB but nothing like he did in PIT, so if u wanna live in a pipe dream with ur claim of AB being a “ League Winner” that’s ur business, to each is own, I just don’t see it. This has WR3 written all over it, while it lasts.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Never said he wasn’t talented, he was one of the best if not the best. He’s not playing for Pit anymore and getting force fed the ball by a QB and a playbook he’s known and been adapted to for 9yrs. He won’t get force fed the ball because there are 2 WR1’s on the team who are the future, Pitt never had 2 WR1’s when Brown played there(Juju is not a WR1 btw). He’s 32yrs old, the reality of it all, is that his skills will diminish along with the injury bug playn a factor cause of age, he’s also played only 23 snaps in 2yrs not ideal for any NFL player. Those are all facts and my expectations will be that Brown will get opportunity in TB but nothing like he did in PIT, so if u wanna live in a pipe dream that’s ur business, to each is own. This WR3 written all over it, while it lasts.

He got force fed the ball by the same QB that now plays in Tampa 3 days after signing while playing just over 1 quarter. Godwin and Evans are both playing on one leg and will probably continue to do so till the BYE. 

Edited by harck
  • Like 1

Just now, harck said:

He got force fed the ball by the same QB that now plays in Tampa 3 days after signing while playing just over 1 quarter. Godwin and Evans are both playing on one leg and will probably continue to do so till the BYE. 

Ergo why there’s justified hesitation.  One quarter of being forced 8 targets and walking with 4/56 isn’t convincing unless you’ve decided to put on the blindfold and point at the team/ situation AB used to be in.   Which you clearly have.  

Continue handing out legacy awards tho-  I’m sure they’ll ignore the 2 younger super talented wrs who have been working in the Arians system for multiple years now.   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Ergo why there’s justified hesitation.  One quarter of being forced 8 targets and walking with 4/56 isn’t convincing unless you’ve decided to put on the blindfold and point at the team/ situation AB used to be in.   Which you clearly have.  

Continue handing out legacy awards tho-  I’m sure they’ll ignore the 2 younger super talented wrs who have been working in the Arians system for multiple years now.   

Who said anything about those guys getting ignored? TB airs it out plenty, besides, have you looked at Mike Evans target share recently, WITHOUT AB?

If AB steps on the football field, this is the history we have:

4 years in a row of being the #1 overall WR1 PPR. Four. Years. In. A. Row. He's just 2 years removed from this.

The one game he played last year right off the streets, a couple days after being signed onto a new team, he balled out in just 20 snaps total and displayed a connection with Brady. If anything, the only speculation here is that AB is a WR3/flex play at best. History and situation are both not on the side of this argument. That is the speculation. The only concrete tape/games we have say AB is a stud and bout to ball out.

Edited by harck

1 minute ago, harck said:

Who said anything about those guys getting ignored? TB airs it out plenty, besides, have you looked at Mike Evans target share recently, WITHOUT AB?

If AB steps on the football field, this is the history we have:

4 years in a row of being the #1 overall WR1 PPR. Four. Years. In. A. Row. He's just 2 years removed from this.

The one game he played last year right of the streets, a couple days after being signed onto a new team, he balled out in just 20 snaps total and displayed a connection with Brady. If anything, the only speculation here is that AB is a WR3/flex play at best. That is the speculation. The default is that this man is a stud and is going to ball out with Brady because that's the only history we have to go on. 

Legacy awards.  Hold on tight and don’t let go.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Never said he wasn’t talented, he was one of the best if not the best. 

- So from a straight talent aspect you agree that AB is better than both Mike Evans and Chris Godwin? That's a big statement from you.

He’s not playing for Pit anymore and getting force fed the ball by a QB and a playbook he’s known and been adapted to for 9yrs.

- Correct, he has now gone to a team with a better QB than he had in Pittsburgh and the other offensive weapons around him should draw attention away from him instead of towards him like in Pitt, as you so astutely pointed out no one was close to ABs talent in Pitt so his success was despite being the focus of the opposing defense every week, an issue he won't have to deal with while in TB catching passes from TB12.

He won’t get force fed the ball because there are 2 WR1’s on the team who are the future, Pitt never had 2 WR1’s when Brown played there(Juju is not a WR1 btw).

- Bradys infatuation with Brown is greater than that of Evans and Godwin. I seriously doubt Brady put his reputation on the line to get a receiver to join him so he could barely use him. 

He’s 32yrs old, the reality of it all, is that his skills will diminish along with the injury bug playn a factor cause of age, he’s also played only 23 snaps in 2yrs not ideal for any NFL player.

- many receivers have been fine at age 32. You are talking about one of the best that was in the NFL by your own admission. This isn't someone we drafted as a 1st round pick this is a waiver wire pickup whose ceiling is Julio Jones.

Those are all facts and my expectations will be that Brown will get opportunity in TB but nothing like he did in PIT, so if u wanna live in a pipe dream with ur claim of AB being a “ League Winner” that’s ur business, to each is own, I just don’t see it. 

- The misconception is you think people need AB useage in Pitt to be a league winner, he doesn't. Brown played one game with Brady with limited time to prep and put up over 17 ppr points👀

9 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

This has WR3 written all over it, while it lasts.

WR3 would be around 3 catches for 30 yards with a 20% chance for a TD.  Brown will surpass that in most games before the 1st quarter of a game is over.

• Like 1