K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

No question Brady does want Brown active and playing.  But it will be up to the NFL and the Bucs CS, not Brady, to decide how to deal with Antonio's next meltdown.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

59 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Highly probable unless Brown does something new.  Like, I don't know...

Gets his feet frozen in a cryochamber

Throws a fit over not being able to wear his helmet from the 90s

Calls his GM a cracker

Sends threatening texts to witnesses

Hurls furniture off of a balcony

Assaults a moving truck guy

Knocks over one of his numerous baby mommas

Goes on a tirade against police officers and publishes it on social media

Stiffs his long time personal trainer by not paying him

Stiffs his new female personal trainer in a different way

Screams on the sideline about not getting enough passes thrown his way

Skips meetings, practices and walkthroughs

Exposes himself to women he "hires" to paint murals in his home

Comments on an ongoing criminal investigation involving the owner for which all charges are eventually dismissed

Ray Lewis murdered a guy, then proceeded to win a Super Bowl en route to a HOF selection.

Van Gogh cut his own damn ear off with a razor blade and painted Starry Night. Ever heard of it?

When you are a highest level of your artistry, genius and insanity are sometimes intertwined. And that’s okay, because I don’t plan on my daughter dating AB or inviting him to my son’s bar mitzfah. He isn’t coming to any family barbecues. All I really need him to do is catch footballs, and despite everything else he is very, very good at that particular thing.

Owners of AB have zero invested in him minus a roster slot that would otherwise go to some scrub that won’t do anything this season in the first place. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. And if he has another crazy moment on the sidelines, or exposes himself to the coaching staff, whatever—that’s for the Bucs to deal with. No skin off my nose.

But if he’s in their lineup, he’s in my lineup. Period.

• Like 9

And I think Brady probably feels the same way, except he lets Antonio Brown live at his house.

If it were up to Brady, Brown never would have been cut from the Patriots and both would probably be playing for New England to this very day.

6 hours ago, Rotocious said:

I'm going to say there's a basically 0% chance that AB is a top 5 WR ROS let alone the best WR.

He will likely end as the 3rd best WR on his own team.

Do you have anything to support this or are you just making a prediction?  (which is fine, this is just a forum)

There is a wide wide range of possibilities here, but I don't see how him being a top 5 WR is out of the realm of possibility.

Antonio Brown, based on past performance, IS THE BEST WR ON TAMPA NOW.  He is better than Evans.  He is better than Godwin.  Again, based on what we have seen the last time he played NFL football (2018 and the 1 game in 2019)

The risks here are many - 1.) His skills have declined due to age, 2.) He goes batsh*t crazy, 3.) He is rusty, etc.

But if none of these come to fruition....if he toes the line bc he wants to rehab his image and Tom Brady gets him under control....if he still has all the skill he has displayed over his career....then absolutely he can be phenomenal on this team.

Evans and Godwin obviously have egos, but they have a short window to win a Superbowl.  If AB is the best WR on the team, he will get targets.  Lots of them.

So, if you're valuing him, you're really just making a judgment call on whether these risks will happen.  Could he go nuts and get kicked off the team?  Of course.  Has he lost anything?  According to Arians, he looks "fantastic", but who knows.  Maybe.

But....if he is the AB that we have all seen and he keeps his head down and plays hard, it is definitely definitely possible for him to be top 5 WR ROS.  The reasons you rule out a WR from that ceiling are things like the QB....the offensive philosophy...and most of all, talent.  NONE of these are a barrier for AB.

20 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And I think Brady probably feels the same way, except he lets Antonio Brown live at his house.

If it were up to Brady, Brown never would have been cut from the Patriots and both would probably be playing for New England to this very day.

not sure about this.  have a feeling brady is feeling pretty good about how things worked out right now and would love to win a ring outside of the shadow cast by hoodie. i do think brady feels brown could be the missing piece to make this happen....

7 hours ago, kp96 said:

Do you have anything to support this or are you just making a prediction?  (which is fine, this is just a forum)

There is a wide wide range of possibilities here, but I don't see how him being a top 5 WR is out of the realm of possibility.

Antonio Brown, based on past performance, IS THE BEST WR ON TAMPA NOW.  He is better than Evans.  He is better than Godwin.  Again, based on what we have seen the last time he played NFL football (2018 and the 1 game in 2019)

The risks here are many - 1.) His skills have declined due to age, 2.) He goes batsh*t crazy, 3.) He is rusty, etc.

But if none of these come to fruition....if he toes the line bc he wants to rehab his image and Tom Brady gets him under control....if he still has all the skill he has displayed over his career....then absolutely he can be phenomenal on this team.

Evans and Godwin obviously have egos, but they have a short window to win a Superbowl.  If AB is the best WR on the team, he will get targets.  Lots of them.

So, if you're valuing him, you're really just making a judgment call on whether these risks will happen.  Could he go nuts and get kicked off the team?  Of course.  Has he lost anything?  According to Arians, he looks "fantastic", but who knows.  Maybe.

But....if he is the AB that we have all seen and he keeps his head down and plays hard, it is definitely definitely possible for him to be top 5 WR ROS.  The reasons you rule out a WR from that ceiling are things like the QB....the offensive philosophy...and most of all, talent.  NONE of these are a barrier for AB.

The barriers are.  He's 32.  He's played 1 game in the last 2 seasons. Even his last full season which was in an offense he was in for years showed a decline from being the best WR.

Too many mouths to feed.  He will be lucky to average enough points a game to be a top 12 WR.  There's too many good receivers in the league.  I'll take my chances on those guys over the 32 year old joining a team loaded with receivers mid season.

9 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Stiffs his new female personal trainer in a different way

😂 😂 😂

11 hours ago, AnchorDown said:

Ray Lewis murdered a guy, then proceeded to win a Super Bowl en route to a HOF selection.

Van Gogh cut his own damn ear off with a razor blade and painted Starry Night. Ever heard of it?

When you are a highest level of your artistry, genius and insanity are sometimes intertwined. And that’s okay, because I don’t plan on my daughter dating AB or inviting him to my son’s bar mitzfah. He isn’t coming to any family barbecues. All I really need him to do is catch footballs, and despite everything else he is very, very good at that particular thing.

Owners of AB have zero invested in him minus a roster slot that would otherwise go to some scrub that won’t do anything this season in the first place. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. And if he has another crazy moment on the sidelines, or exposes himself to the coaching staff, whatever—that’s for the Bucs to deal with. No skin off my nose.

But if he’s in their lineup, he’s in my lineup. Period.

You're on fire in this thread. Definitely starting with confidence next week (well with bye weeks and all lol.) I don't see how you can't start him when Godwin is most likely out or they should at least keep him out.

Their receiving core is banged up and keeps getting banged up. They all fell apart at the end of last year (probably because Winston threw so many times and far down the field to these guys.)

AB knows he’s on his last chance. He acted up at the Raiders cause he wanted to get out. He’s a manipulative SOB.

I have no doubt that he’s competitive enough to keep his nose clean at the Bucs. The chance to win a SB with Brady will be enough to keep his crazy in check.

Obviously there’s a wide range of outcomes here, but if he plays all the remaining games this season, I can’t see any possible way he doesn’t end up as a WR1.

1 hour ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

AB knows he’s on his last chance. He acted up at the Raiders cause he wanted to get out. He’s a manipulative SOB.

I have no doubt that he’s competitive enough to keep his nose clean at the Bucs. The chance to win a SB with Brady will be enough to keep his crazy in check.

Obviously there’s a wide range of outcomes here, but if he plays all the remaining games this season, I can’t see any possible way he doesn’t end up as a WR1.

If all three of their wide receivers are healthy, AB will have inconsistent weeks. For proof look at Evans splits with and without Godwin. Also Tampa's defense is pretty good, they don't have to score many points.

10 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

If all three of their wide receivers are healthy, AB will have inconsistent weeks. For proof look at Evans splits with and without Godwin. Also Tampa's defense is pretty good, they don't have to score many points.

You can have inconsistent weeks and still finish as a top 5 WR overall. 

You mention Evans, last year he was a top 5 WR before injury, along with Godwin. Sure this year with TB12 is a different story, but the point is that it’s possible for the offense to produce multiple WRs that finish top 5 in PPG, all while having some of the WRs having inconsistent weeks. The blowup weeks make up for it.

Regarding the TB defense limiting their offense in terms of scoring, I’m not sure TB12 cares. The guy threw for 5 TDs against the Raiders when he clearly didn’t need to. He want Brown there, Brown’s contract is incentive heavy... I imagine the target share will be heavy in Brown’s favor. This is especially true if Godwin and/or Evans are out, which is pretty much a lock to me. Heck, I’d be willing to bet Godwin misses Week 9.

2 minutes ago, rasrar said:

You can have inconsistent weeks and still finish as a top 5 WR overall. 

You mention Evans, last year he was a top 5 WR before injury, along with Godwin. Sure this year with TB12 is a different story, but the point is that it’s possible for the offense to produce multiple WRs that finish top 5 in PPG, all while having some of the WRs having inconsistent weeks. The blowup weeks make up for it.

Regarding the TB defense limiting their offense in terms of scoring, I’m not sure TB12 cares. The guy threw for 5 TDs against the Raiders when he clearly didn’t need to. He want Brown there, Brown’s contract is incentive heavy... I imagine the target share will be heavy in Brown’s favor. This is especially true if Godwin and/or Evans are out, which is pretty much a lock to me. Heck, I’d be willing to bet Godwin misses Week 9.

True but that was only with Godwin, adding another WR1 to the equation is a different story, hoping it pans out but we'll see. Either way they did make the move because their receivers are not healthy, so we'll see.

6 hours ago, Rotocious said:

Too many mouths to feed.  He will be lucky to average enough points a game to be a top 12 WR.  There's too many good receivers in the league.  I'll take my chances on those guys over the 32 year old joining a team loaded with receivers mid season.

Name some guys that you have acquired in the last two weeks FOR FREE off the waiver wire that you would rather have over AB.  If you're in 8 or 10 team leagues, it doesn't count. In deeper leagues... Nelson Agholor?  Rashard Higgins?  Jalen Reagor?  Corey Davis?  Denzel Mims?  These guys aren't taking you to the 'ship.