K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

16 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I agree that the Pope probably wouldn’t help get AB back on a team, but a hiring a sports agent certainly seems like a step in the right direction. 

means less than nothing.   Any publicity is good publicity for an agent whos biggest client is Nyheim Hines.    

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

means less than nothing.   Any publicity is good publicity for an agent whos biggest client is Nyheim Hines.    

Agents are usually involved in players getting signed. Going from no agent to hiring an agent means something

But I get that you think Brown is done, never to play in the NFL again, so nothing that takes place will mean anything to you, until he actually signs with a team. Those of us that believe it’s still possible that he plays in the NFL again will see things like hiring an agent as a step in that direction. Doesn’t mean it will definitely happen, but it’s part of the process. 

Posted (edited)

Btw, I’m not of the opinion that Brown will definitely play in the NFL again. Though, unlike some of you, I do think there’s a chance. Those who play in keeper/dynasty formats currently have an opportunity to acquire Brown essentially free, as a package deal throw-in. Imo, it’s stupid not to take advantage of a zero risk, high reward opportunity. 

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 1

It’ll be interesting to see if Brown ever plays again. It’s tough to say at this point but it’s definitely not impossible.

I think it would have been more encouraging if he had reconciled with Rosenhaus though. He’s viewed as the best in the business and it would say something to teams about Brown’s rehabilitation if Rosenhaus accepted him back. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Agents are usually involved in players getting signed. Going from no agent to hiring an agent means something

But I get that you think Brown is done, never to play in the NFL again, so nothing that takes place will mean anything to you, until he actually signs with a team. Those of us that believe it’s still possible that he plays in the NFL again will see things like hiring an agent as a step in that direction. Doesn’t mean it will definitely happen, but it’s part of the process. 

I certainly didn’t claim he is done.   Week 9 at the very soonest... more likely he's out all season.   

you’re grasping for straws again.   Landing a famous client is a career boost for any agent.    AB signing with one isn’t even a bit surprising.  

Edited by Impreza178

1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Btw, I’m not of the opinion that Brown will definitely play in the NFL again. Though, unlike some of you, I do think there’s a chance. Those who play in keeper/dynasty formats currently have an opportunity to acquire Brown essentially free, as a package deal throw-in. Imo, it’s stupid not to take advantage of a zero risk, high reward opportunity. 

That has not been my experience.  Most Antonio Brown dynasty owners seem to think Brown will be reinstated soon, and then they will have a league winner on their hands.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

That has not been my experience.  Most Antonio Brown dynasty owners seem to think Brown will be reinstated soon, and then they will have a league winner on their hands.

My experience has been exactly the opposite. Over the past week I got him as a package deal throw in twice because most owners don’t think he’s going to play again. And they might be right. I'm happy to have him stashed just in case. Zero risk, high reward.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

My experience has been exactly the opposite. Over the past week I got him as a package deal throw in twice because most owners don’t think he’s going to play again. And they might be right. I'm happy to have him stashed just in case. Zero risk, high reward.

for reference, what did you have to pay?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

for reference, what did you have to pay?

I’d rather not give the exact package deals as some of my league mates browse this forum. Three for three deals, but I took what was a fair 2 for 2 player deal, and slipped in one of my junk players and their AB into the deal. The other owners didn’t value AB enough to even care that he was in the deal. I would’ve made the 2 for 2 deals without AB, but figured might as well get him too.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I’d rather not give the exact package deals as some of my league mates browse this forum. Three for three deals, but I took what was a fair 2 for 2 player deal, and slipped in one of my junk players and their AB into the deal. The other owners didn’t value AB enough to even care that he was in the deal.

Aaaahndarn.  

So close....

• Haha 1

Antonio Brown is worth Pennies (if that...) in Dynasty leagues right now. I am an AB owner in a high stakes dynasty league and I cant trade AB away for anything! Nobody wants him! I have offered AB for 2021 5th or 6th or 7th round pick and have been denied! So if your Buying AB you Should get him for free almost....im just gonna hold on to him and hope that somehow he plays and becomes a league winner that nobody wanted for free basically. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Antonio Brown is worth Pennies (if that...) in Dynasty leagues right now. I am an AB owner in a high stakes dynasty league and I cant trade AB away for anything! Nobody wants him! I have offered AB for 2021 5th or 6th or 7th round pick and have been denied! So if your Buying AB you Should get him for free almost....im just gonna hold on to him and hope that somehow he plays and becomes a league winner that nobody wanted for free basically. 

Yep.  There are many reasons no one wants him clogging up a roster spot.

3 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I’d give a 5th for AB in dynasty fully expecting it to amount to nothing lol.  The upside is worth it 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 10:04 AM, Lamont Sanford said:

You are talking about 2 extremes here. I dont think anyone truly believes 0 or 100% in any direction. I think hes got like a 5% chance but I'm not putting any money on those type of odds.

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

You are talking about 2 extremes here. I dont think anyone truly believes 0 or 100% in any direction. I think hes got like a 5% chance but I'm not putting any money on those type of odds.

I’ll happily trade a worthless player on my roster for Antonio Brown with a 5% chance of playing.

1 minute ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I’ll happily trade a worthless player on my roster for Antonio Brown with a 5% chance of playing.

Me too. But if they are worthless its basically the same as having an empty slot.

https://247sports.com/Article/Antonio-Brown-NFL-teams-2020-season-Patriots-Raiders-Steelers-football-147470757/

"Let's go to Antonio Brown — now, this is an interesting case because the NFL, I'm told, is still reviewing his personal conduct case that there is just a lot to unpack," Fowler said. "You have the September allegations, of course, of sexual assault and rape. You have an incident with a truck driver that resulted in battery charges.

"And so, there's just not a lot of buzz right now, league-wide, about signing Antonio Brown. And that's in part because there could be a lengthy suspension coming for him. So despite the talent, hardly a slam dunk that he plays in 2020."

• Thanks 1

@BoudewijnHardly indeed.    More like a blindfolded half court shot.  

This guy is radioactive ☢️ 

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

BoudewijnHardly indeed.    More like a blindfolded half court shot.  

Of course even those sometimes succeed.

SinfulUnluckyBluegill-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 3

anyone going to draft him in redraft leagues for 2020 even if he is not on a nfl roster week 1? I do not see the point in it  Wr is just too deep imo. In 10 and 12 teams def a pass. Maybe in a 16 team league i could see stashing him on a roster over someone like kelvin harmon or cole beasley.

17 hours ago, isuckatdfs said:

anyone going to draft him in redraft leagues for 2020 even if he is not on a nfl roster week 1? I do not see the point in it  Wr is just too deep imo. In 10 and 12 teams def a pass. Maybe in a 16 team league i could see stashing him on a roster over someone like kelvin harmon or cole beasley.

I think you have it backwards. You are more likely to have startable players on the wire in a shallower league when brown doesnt work out

On 5/27/2020 at 6:27 PM, bhawks489 said:

I think you have it backwards. You are more likely to have startable players on the wire in a shallower league when brown doesnt work out

Generally speaking, being easily droppable doesn't count as a quality for a fantasy player in my book.

On 4/8/2020 at 1:34 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

What?

Nobody would give a 7th round dynasty rookie pick for AB?

40 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

What?

Nobody would give a 7th round dynasty rookie pick for AB?

My league only has 5 rounds but id consider throwing a 5th rounder for AB. Id have to have some sort of good news though. Or at least no bad news