K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)

AB just plead his only outstanding criminal complaint down to no contest probation. He still has the civil complaint from his former trainer over alleged non-criminal sexual assault. But he is one of several dozen NFL players and staff with similar civil suits currently pending, so there is technically nothing at all stopping him from playing in the NFL, except the league owners black-balling him. It should start to get somewhat interesting here come July and August and we see whether AB will get his shot again or not. Odds keep creeping in his favor as we go.

Edited by LostAtSea
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, LostAtSea said:

AB just plead his only outstanding criminal complaint down to no contest probation. He still has the civil complaint from his former trainer over alleged non-criminal sexual assault. But he is one of several dozen NFL players and staff with similar civil suits currently pending, so there is technically nothing at all stopping him from playing in the NFL, except the league owners black-balling him. It should start to get somewhat interesting here come July and August and we see whether AB will get his shot again or not. Odds keep creeping in his favor as we go.

I think the political atmosphere has to be in ABs favor for getting another chance, no?

13 minutes ago, LostAtSea said:

Odds keep creeping in his favor as we go.

His on field production always kept the odds in favor of him returning.

Who will get signed by an NFL team first, Cam, Kaep, or Antonio Brown?

54 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Brown.

Kaep isn’t getting signed. He’s gonna be practically 33 when the season rolls around and he wasn’t very good 5 years ago. Coaches have just been acting like they missed out because it’s the PC thing to do.

Newton seems like someone that will get signed to replace an injured starter. There really isn’t much of a market for him right now. He also seemed on the decline as well and he isn’t going to be a backup likely.

Brown has off field issue but for his position those two can’t hold a candle up to Brown talent wise. A lot of teams also need WRs and too much talented WRs is never a bad thing. 

Yeah but Brown is proven to be 100% radioactive.  Although Brown has done a bit better in the last two months.

I think the actual answer is none of the above, for 2020.

4 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

If this person has a thread, i deserve a thread

At least he didn’t do shrooms. I think...

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Cam first-  it’s coming soon 

Kaep next-  the nfl is on its knees apologizing 

Brown-   Nah.    Suspension sitting over his head-  and he’s not pretend crazy.   

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gohawks said:

At least he didn’t do shrooms. I think...

Maybe, but he’s done everything else. Shrooms might actually have done Brown some good 🤣

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Maybe, but he’s done everything else. Shrooms might actually have done Brown some good 🤣

His personal chef did shrooms - don’t rule it out as a possibility.

48 minutes ago, BMcP said:

His personal chef did shrooms - don’t rule it out as a possibility.

Well there you have it, case closed. Guilty by association ... or is it guilty by consumption (just made that up) AB is a tool tho , that much is certain. Self sabotage at its finest. He single-handedly fooked himself out the league. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LostAtSea said:

Odds keep creeping in his favor as we go.

"creeping" is the associative word here. 

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I think the political atmosphere has to be in ABs favor for getting another chance, no?

giphy.gif 

• Haha 1

I think if Brown had not screwed over three of the most historically successful franchises in NFL history, in quick succession, over a single six-month period, he would have a better chance to return.  Fool me thrice...you can't get fooled again and again.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I think if Brown had not screwed over three of the most historically successful franchises in NFL history, in quick succession, over a single six-month period, he would have a better chance to return.  Fool me thrice...you can't get fooled again and again.

You could fool Detroit or chicago

• Haha 2

There would have to be too many clauses in the contract that would safeguard the franchise from his antics. I don’t think anyone bites. 

• Like 2

He pled no contest to the battery charges against the truck driver.   That may not be an admission of guilt in the court’s eyes... but it will be in the Nfls.  

Add it to the pile of civil suits and unacceptable behavior for a pro athlete-  and there is almost no chance of seeing him on an NFL field in 2020.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

He pled no contest to the battery charges against the truck driver.   That may not be an admission of guilt in the court’s eyes... but it will be in the Nfls.  

Add it to the pile of civil suits and unacceptable behavior for a pro athlete-  and there is almost no chance of seeing him on an NFL field in 2020.   

Meh

Hunt got 8 games for his antics. Browns got 2-3 years left of elite level play.

In dynasty I got a bench spot for him till I don't anymore.

Holy smokes!  He totally left that DB in the dust.  

Give AB the credit for the 14 games he missed last season

If I was the Seahawks I'd sign AB. One of the best route runners ever to mentor my raw DK Metcalf, hell yeah.

Do you mean no suspension?  In that imaginary universe, I imagine he would probably go around the top of the second.

• Haha 1

Would be hilarious if this is how things turned out:

1. Antonio signs for a team (Seahawks or Texans seem to be the ones most talked about right now).

2. Antonio hit with 6 game suspension

3. Antonio does Antonio things, rampages against the NFL for the suspension and then gets himself kicked off yet another team lol