Rotoworld.com Forums

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know what guys, ignore Schefter—what the fook does that guy know? We need to be listening to a guy with real credibility: Tomei7. 

Godwin broke his own finger to save face before his imminent job loss.  Understandable.

Who cares zigzag. Tonight we are smoking fattys

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I’m sorry but are you watching these games or going off the box score? You know that play Godwin scored on? That’s because AB took a double team which left him open. He may not be drawing the best corner but he has been double teamed so which is worst? And he’s been beating corners consistently. If he wasn’t how would this guy get 8 catches!? The problem isn’t AB. The problem is Brady. I’m sure AB is thinking right at this very moment how much he took Big Ben for granted. Bens deep ball was a thing of beauty that was perfectly placed. Brown has now beat coverage on the deep routes for two weeks straight and Brady missed him. Well there’s your difference maker right there. If Ben was throwing the ball brown would have had two huge weeks back to back and no one would be complaining. 

That wasn't a double team on AB.  It was miscommunication/blown coverage by the DBs.

That said, Brady is certainly part of the problem.  Not the whole problem, but he isn't helping.

4 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Evans 2020 YPR = 12.4 vs 17.3 last year

Godwin 2020 YPR = 11.3 vs 15.5 last year

Brown 2020 YPR = 8.7 vs 12.5 in 2018

Gronk 2020 YPR = 12.9 vs 14.5 in 2018

But yeah, its totally NOT Brady

And Brady's completion % is almost 5 points higher than Winston's from last year.  His RZ efficiency is also 5 points higher.  Does that even everything out!? Possibly.  

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

And Brady's completion % is almost 5 points higher than Winston's from last year.  His RZ efficiency is also 5 points higher.  Does that even everything out!? Possibly.  

From an NFL perspective? Absolutely. I dont think anyone could make the case TB is better off with Winston than Brady. But from a fantasy perspective? Winston wins out for his WRs even with all the turnovers.

Just now, yanksman said:

From an NFL perspective? Absolutely. I dont think anyone could make the case TB is better off with Winston than Brady. But from a fantasy perspective? Winston wins out for his WRs even with all the turnovers.

True.  I guess when you think about it.  Jamo throws an interception.  Other team gets 3 to 7 points.  Jamo throws the ball more to catch up.  Gets a TD or not.  Throws another INT eventually, falls behind....throws more to catch up.

30 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

It is lol. Absolutely Brady’s fault if he can’t throw a good deep ball. It’s not just brown. Even when he throws deep to Evans the ball is off. That’s why all these receivers are getting 7, 8, 9 catches for 50 yards or so. That’s all Brady is good at now is the dink and dunk throws.

So, when do AB owners start tempering expectations? Is that possible in here? Or do you continue to hype this guy up like he is prime Steelers AB? I guess that's the real issue. You bring up all of these mitigating factors yet many (not you specifically) continue to talk him up like a league winner.  

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

AB has 26 targets on 121 snaps.  That's 21% targets/snap.  That's pretty darn good, no?  I'd love to see this statistic on the other target monsters, I don't know where to find that other than to manually calculate.  But let's take Keenan Allen.  111 targets on 653 snaps for 17% targets/snap.  I'd say the arrow is looking up for AB.

The two near bombs to AB were Brady's fault, he looked off all game.  One was barely out of the reach of AB's fingertips the other one was just a poor throw.  He catches any of those and everybody would be having a different conversation.

20 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

So, when do AB owners start tempering expectations? Is that possible in here? Or do you continue to hype this guy up like he is prime Steelers AB? I guess that's the real issue. You bring up all of these mitigating factors yet many (not you specifically) continue to talk him up like a league winner.  

Well it depends on your settings. In full PPR I’d say he’s just about a must start. 7-8 receptions for 50 plus yards with the possibility of a TD any given week is a pretty sweet deal. In standard which is all that I play or half PPR then it obviously gets dicey. I also think it’s still a bit to early to have a full read on the situation. He’s improved every week so far in my eyes. But Brady is definitely holding him back from hitting his full potential.

34 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I don't have the time or energy to go back and read through all the pages so sorry if this has been said... He is not a set and forget WR1 every week imo BUT he is a low end WR2 with WR1 upside week in and week out.  I'll take that for a week 7 wavier wire pick up any year. 

The results haven't been awesome but they haven't been discouraging either.  In all 3 games he has played he has had a shot at a 40+ yard TD which would have put him @ WR1 numbers for the week. 

The biggest thing for me is when you see Brady looking his way on big 3rd downs that's the guy he trusts and is going to go to when they need it.  You can tell they are still working through some things, there were 3 out routes last night that they didn't connect on so I only see this getting better.

I think AB is going to be one of the players that has a very high %  on championship rosters this year***

*** As long as Brady keeps him locked in his house. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Have you watched a game recently? Brady looks like a 43 year old QB is supposed to look.

That’s.....not good for their “deep threat” who looks more like Jarvis Landry.  

you guys are going to be waiting all the way into the off-season

• Thanks 1

Just to put it into some perspective

Game 1: first week active, against the Saints defense that basically shut down the entire Bucs gameplan

Game 2: against the Panthers where he got 8 targets, the run game was dominant, and the game was over by the 4th

Game 3: against the #1 pass defense in the league and he got 13 targets

Hard to not be encouraged by the usage so far given these first 3 games.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Just to put it into some perspective

Game 1: first week active, against the Saints defense that basically shut down the entire Bucs gameplan

Game 2: against the Panthers where he got 8 targets, the run game was dominant, and the game was over by the 4th

Game 3: against the #1 pass defense in the league and he got 13 targets

Hard to not be encouraged by the usage so far given these first 3 games.

so it’s either an easy opponent that the Bucs can run over....or 40+ passes resulting in less than 60 yards for Antonio Landry.  

And around we go-  where the spin stops no one knows....

17 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Agreed. Its not good. I wasn't arguing otherwise. I was arguing that 43 year old QB is the problem not AB.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

He’s a lot more than just a deep threat. Have you watched his games? He’s basically Brady’s safety net in the 10 yard range with the occasional routes downfield that he’s been getting open on. The routes he’s been running is actually the best of both worlds. A good floor but the ceiling hasn’t been reached yet. He was a free pickup anyway. I’ll gladly keep him. For the people that play full PPR they are sitting pretty. For the others He’s still worthy of a hold. If he goes off this week against KC Watch out week 14-16. 

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

He’s a lot more than just a deep threat. Have you watched his games? He’s basically Brady’s safety net in the 10 yard range with the occasional routes downfield that he’s been getting open on. The routes he’s been running is actually the best of both worlds. A good floor but the ceiling hasn’t been reached yet. He was a free pickup anyway. I’ll gladly keep him. For the people that play full PPR they are sitting pretty. For the others He’s still worthy of a hold. If he goes off this week against KC Watch out week 14-16. 

i don’t need to “watch out”-  and neither do your opponents.   He’s a mediocre flex start for ppr-  and it’s nice that u got him cheap.    

You’re hoping for a bunch of 9/50 and a blow up if he actually catches a deep ball.    Fine fine.   

Big Ben is the reason this little guy was ever a thing.   Look at what he does with every wr.  

6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

i don’t need to “watch out”-  and neither do your opponents.   He’s a mediocre flex start for ppr-  and it’s nice that u got him cheap.    

You’re hoping for a bunch of 9/50 and a blow up if he actually catches a deep ball.    Fine fine.   

Big Ben is the reason this little guy was ever a thing.   Look at what he does with every wr.  

Mediocre flex for ppr? If I played in full PPR he’d be going in my lineup 100%. 7 for 69 and 8 for 57 past two games. Based on the little info we have that seems to be his FLOOR. I would take take all day long. People have been drooling over Robby Anderson all year long. But AB is a mediocre flex start in full PPR? Gimme a break. He’s not a league winner but the hate has gone too far. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Mediocre flex for ppr? If I played in full PPR he’d be going in my lineup 100%. 7 for 69 and 8 for 57 past two games. Based on the little info we have that seems to be his FLOOR. I would take take all day long. People have been drooling over Robby Anderson all year long. But AB is a mediocre flex start in full PPR? Gimme a break. He’s not a league winner but the hate has gone too far. 

or not far enough?   🤨 

6 minutes ago, Bluetaco88 said:

Really really wished he signed with Russell Wilson in Seattle.

Brady is holding him back big.

The let Russ cook experiment has come to an end. Seattle is going back to the ground and pound, control the clock have Wilson make less mistakes just like they did last week and won. AB would still be fighting for targets with locket and DK. The deep ball would have been better but he wouldn’t get as many targets. He’d probably have a higher ceiling with a lower floor. Idk what’s better.

Edited by StevenSC400