K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

Glad my team is avoiding this mess with AB. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Glad my team is avoiding this mess with AB. 

But...but....

look at him catch passes in practice from famous qbs!   He’ll be such a good mentor to ____(insert wr)

im sure this will all work out just fine 

😬 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

But...but....

look at him catch passes in practice from famous qbs!   He’ll be such a good mentor to ____(insert wr)

im sure this will all work out just fine 

😬

I'm gonna find out on my dynasty team.

You ought to see Tyler Lockett getting traded around by people scared AB is coming to town and gobble up targets.

Are you denying AB will be a real life asset and fantasy asset when on the field and allowed to play?

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Are you denying AB will be a real life asset and fantasy asset when on the field and allowed to play?

Well... At least the first 3 letters are correct.

Edit: hahaha if you just bold the first 3 letters, it's censored :D

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'm gonna find out on my dynasty team.

You ought to see Tyler Lockett getting traded around by people scared AB is coming to town and gobble up targets.

Are you denying AB will be a real life asset and fantasy asset when on the field and allowed to play?

😏 

A comet is brilliant before it strikes earth and wipes out all life.  That’s basically AB.  Whatever small stretch of sanity you get will be memorable.   

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

😏

A comet is brilliant before it strikes earth and wipes out all life.  That’s basically AB.  Whatever small stretch of sanity you get will be memorable.   

It's fantasy football.

I dont care if it's Roger rabbit out there giving me 8 for 80 and a TD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It's fantasy football.

I dont care if it's Roger rabbit out there giving me 8 for 80 and a TD

Roger Rabbit is a good comp. for AB post-Burfict hit.   

🤡 

• Haha 4

A do not draft for fantasy leagues that's for sure.

Too hostile.

56 minutes ago, Champ1 said:

A do not draft for fantasy leagues that's for sure.

Too hostile.

Are there negative fantasy points for hostility?

• Haha 1

I think the point is - his hostility (among an array of other issues) makes him unpredictable and difficult to rely upon on a consistent basis.

I don't see any way this ends well.

The guy appears incapable of sincere humility and remorse, and is IMO, a surefire recidivist.  Particularly once he gets paid again.  That's just going to validate his past behavior in his mind.

• Like 2

If you're comfortable owning Tyreek at his current ADP then AB at his should be even better on the moral risk/reward scale.

38 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Hmm...who would repeated unrepentant cheater and scofflaw Pete Carroll defer to more...?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

If you're comfortable owning Tyreek at his current ADP then AB at his should be even better on the moral risk/reward scale.

It’s not a question of morality,  but of sanity. 

AB becoming a hit only feeds his delusions.  Alternatively,  If you don’t cater to him...he’ll attack younger members of the receiving core.     Seattle has 2 high character,  extremely talented young WRs on the roster. AB is not the role model you want to expose them to for an entire season.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

I think the point is - his hostility (among an array of other issues) makes him unpredictable and difficult to rely upon on a consistent basis.

Sounds perfect for my bench

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Sounds perfect for my bench

I’ll tell you what will actually happen: he will be traded upwards of about 75 times in “dealz” over the next month or two and end up back on your roster by the time the season starts.  You know it’s inevitable. 😉

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I’ll tell you what will actually happen: he will be traded upwards of about 75 times in “dealz” over the next month or two and end up back on your roster by the time the season starts.  You know it’s inevitable. 😉

It is an unfortunate truth.

• Haha 2

The Steelers dealt with his shenanigans for years. If a team wants one of the best receivers in NFL history to play for them they will add him and deal with the suspension. I believe AB on the field can still help a team win and at the same time can help fantasy teams. People let their personal bias of a player creep into decision making far too often.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, devaster said:

The Steelers dealt with his shenanigans for years. If a team wants one of the best receivers in NFL history to play for them they will add him and deal with the suspension. I believe AB on the field can still help a team win and at the same time can help fantasy teams. People let their personal bias of a player creep into decision making far too often.

“Personal Bias....” 😂 

Good luck to any team thinking they’re getting early career AB.   Dude is one breakdown from painting the ceiling with his terds.   

• Haha 2

Just now, Impreza178 said:

“Personal Bias....” 😂 

Good luck to any team thinking they’re getting early career AB.   Dude is one breakdown from painting the ceiling with his terds.   

WR2 with upside 👀

11 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

“Personal Bias....” 😂 

Theres definitely some brain damage thing going on. For his own sake he should retire.

We have been inundated with the drama surrounding him for quite a while.
But when it comes down to it, there are a few important things to consider.

1. Media loves to report on drama, because it gives them ratings. Ratings = money. We all think we know AB personally because everything controversial or illegal has been front page news for the past year. Even if the accusations, media reports and broad speculation are 100% true, he still has friends in the NFL. He has people in his corner, regardless of how ridiculous the last year of his life has been. It's also apparent he has enough high-profile friends that they may be able to influence front office decisions to land him another chance.

2. He's a hall-of-fame talent. Even at 31yrs old, he is still better than just about any WR in the league. Those skills don't just evaporate from a couple years off. Assuming he's 100% physically healthy and in football shape, he's an instant upgrade to any passing game. Will he post the same numbers he did in Pittsburgh? It depends on a couple factors. Who's throwing him the ball? How quickly can he prove himself and climb up the depth chart?

3. He still wants to play. If he didn't, he'd stay retired. Sure, we don't know what his motivation is (just like every other player). Is it the attention? Money? Proving people wrong? Maybe all of the above. But if he can get his act together and stay motivated for the next 4-5 years, he'll be back to WR1 status before long.

I think in 5 years from now, we'll all look back at the ridiculousness as just a bump in the road of a hall-of-fame career.
Meanwhile, if anyone needs a potential WR1 for the 2nd half of their season, the price of AB is as low as it's gonna get right now.

I'll rely on what my third foster parent said when I was five.

"If it's brown, flush it down."

Just now, K197040 said:

I'll rely on what my third foster parent said when I was five.

"If it's brown, flush it down."

Was pretty cryptic to me at first.    My second foster parent was very "waste not want not".  So after I wiped, I'd save the toilet paper in the bathroom drawer to reuse.  So when Rich (third foster parent) would say that, I would just nod.  Then when I was around nine or ten, I just "got it".