K197040

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

Just now, K197040 said:

Was pretty cryptic to me at first.    My second foster parent was very "waste not want not".  So after I wiped, I'd save the toilet paper in the bathroom drawer to reuse.  So when Rich (third foster parent) would say that, I would just nod.  Then when I was around nine or ten, I just "got it". 

Now that I think about it, maybe Peter (third foster parent) was prescient and knew the dilemma I'd eventually face as a fantasy football manager.

5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Was pretty cryptic to me at first.    My second foster parent was very "waste not want not".  So after I wiped, I'd save the toilet paper in the bathroom drawer to reuse.  So when Rich (third foster parent) would say that, I would just nod.  Then when I was around nine or ten, I just "got it". 

Ah...that makes no sense because Brown was a great pick for a few years.

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Ah...that makes no sense because Brown was a great pick for a few years.

Hmmmm....I wonder if he meant Trey Burton.

Posted (edited)

if you can get him for free why not.  will probably be a covid casualty for fantasy owners, but a desperate irl team might give him a shot if they lose someone for a few weeks.

if he signs before the draft the most i would pay for him now is 7th round.

Edited by iphone

On 7/6/2020 at 10:17 AM, K197040 said:

Now that I think about it, maybe Peter (third foster parent) was prescient and knew the dilemma I'd eventually face as a fantasy football manager.

Peter sounds like a good dude.  I am sorry you had to be in the foster system.  Perhaps your perspective helps to understand Antonio Brown.  The story is that he, too, overcame a difficult childhood.

I actually hope Antonio some how makes it back onto an NFL field as a player.  He is really good at playing football, even if he is, er, a work in progress in other areas of his life.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

guy is worthless without Ben forcing him the rock. hard pass

Come again? Are you saying he was only good because Big Ben threw to him a lot?

4 minutes ago, Yanksfan06 said:

Come again? Are you saying he was only good because Big Ben threw to him a lot?

Within the context of his on-field fantasy relevance, yes that is exactly what I'm saying. I'll wait for him to prove me wrong 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Within the context of his on-field fantasy relevance, yes that is exactly what I'm saying. I'll wait for him to prove me wrong 

Not sure about that, he was still producing with vick and brady

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Not sure about that, he was still producing with vick and brady

He played with Mike Vick?   Lol I don’t recall that-  must be getting old.   He played one game with Brady and they force fed him 9 targets to the tune of 4/56/1.    

Not exactly blowing up the stat sheet.   Maybe it would have happened given more time....  

Edited by Impreza178

5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

He played with Mike Vick?   Lol I don’t recall that-  must be getting old.   He played one game with Brady and they force fed him 9 targets to the tune of 4/56/1.    

Not exactly blowing up the stat sheet.   Maybe it would have happened given more time....  

He played a couple games with Vick in Pittsburgh

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Maybe?

Maybe Julio will be good this year 🤔

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Maybe?

Maybe Julio will be good this year 🤔

JJ isn’t a narcissistic looney toon.  And he’s still playing with Matty Ice.    Poor attempt cleats 

Edited by Impreza178

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

JJ isn’t a narcissistic looney toon.  And he’s still playing with Matty Ice.    Poor attempt cleats 

AB football talent is on par with Julio and you know that.

I don't dispute that he is a Looney toon.

Just saying if he gets signed anywhere he immediately becomes that teams WR2 at WORST despite the fact he belongs in Arkham Asylum.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Not sure what to say if you can’t actually see how talented he is simply by watching him play. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

He did.

I owned him that year and I remember very specifically he had his man beat by a like a good 10 yards for a 99 yard TD...and Vick underthrew it by 20-30 yards.

LOL @ 9 pages of posts on this POS fruitcake who will be lucky to play anywhere.

And I just added to it. doh!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

AB football talent is on par with Julio and you know that.

I don't dispute that he is a Looney toon.

Just saying if he gets signed anywhere he immediately becomes that teams WR2 at WORST despite the fact he belongs in Arkham Asylum.

Yeah, there's not a single team in the NFL that he wouldn't be a WR2. Pretty much all the teams he has been fairly heavily linked to he would take over as the WR1 sooner or later. This is assuming of course he hangs around long enough. Over the 6 year span from 2013-2018 he averaged 1523 yards per season, 114 receptions, and 11 TDs. The only player that is even close to him this decade at the position is Julio and i'm still giving it to Brown because of the massive gap in TDs. 

Just for comparison, his AVERAGE over a 6 year period is pretty much equal to the fantasy points Thomas got last year in standard which landed him the OPOY. If we account for Browns missed games (which isn't much he played in 96% of his games over that span) and factor those out of our 6 year average his average over that 6 year span is higher than that of what Thomas had last season in standard. Only 10 or so points lower in half PPR and 25 in PPR. 

So imagine Thomas more or less doing similar to how he did last year for 5 more years and you get Brown. That's how damn good he was/is.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bomont said:

LOL @ 9 pages of posts on this POS fruitcake who will be lucky to play anywhere.

And I just added to it. doh!

2jkypf.jpg

• Haha 2

AB is a clown, for sure. Moreover, he has some serious mental health issues that were enabled by his extreme wealth and reputation. Most important I hope he gets himself right-ish, but if he wants to play, premier talent always finds its way back to the league and I believe he still has it. He’s getting a little old though so sooner the better for him. 

4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah, there's not a single team in the NFL that he wouldn't be a WR2. Pretty much all the teams he has been fairly heavily linked to he would take over as the WR1 sooner or later. This is assuming of course he hangs around long enough. Over the 6 year span from 2013-2018 he averaged 1523 yards per season, 114 receptions, and 11 TDs. The only player that is even close to him this decade at the position is Julio and i'm still giving it to Brown because of the massive gap in TDs. 

Just for comparison, his AVERAGE over a 6 year period is pretty much equal to the fantasy points Thomas got last year in standard which landed him the OPOY. If we account for Browns missed games (which isn't much he played in 96% of his games over that span) and factor those out of our 6 year average his average over that 6 year span is higher than that of what Thomas had last season in standard. Only 10 or so points lower in half PPR and 25 in PPR. 

So imagine Thomas more or less doing similar to how he did last year for 5 more years and you get Brown. That's how damn good he was/is.

But remember, those numbers were with Big Ben, a future HOF. QB. He was barely a WR2 when Ben Roethlisberger was hurt.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

2015 season when he played with Vick. It was ugly.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

2015 AB - 136 catches for 1,834 yards and 10 TDs.

Huh?

ben threw for 4K and 21 tds in 2015-   even with the injury.  

Antonio Brown has never been an elite wr without Ben...nor has he been able to keep his craziness in check without an organization that coddled him and excused consistently poor behavior.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

ben threw for 4K and 21 tds in 2015-   even with the injury.  

Antonio Brown has never been an elite wr without Ben...nor has he been able to keep his craziness in check without an organization that coddled him and excused consistently poor behavior.  

Simple.  Get this man a future HoF QB and a player-friendly organization in a state where recreational drugs are decriminalized or downright legal.  And have it be as far away from Florida as possible...

• Haha 1