Sign in to follow this  
BostonCajun

Pick 5 Keepers WHIR

10 team H2H league with OBP and SV+HLD. Can keep 5 for up to 3 years max. 

I have the 1st overall pick with Trout and Yelich both there for my choosing and I'm leaning Trout. I will be missing my 2nd round and my 10th round picks due to a trade that helped me win the championship last year. 

These are the 8 guys I'm deciding between with Acuña obviously being a lock. 

Acuña - 26th round final year eligible

Ozuna - 19th round 2 more years eligible 

Snell - 15th round 2 more years eligible 

Nola - 14th round final year eligible 

Semien - 17th round 3 more years eligible 
Merrifield - 7th round 2 more years eligible

Laureano - 13th round 3 more years eligible
Gallen - 26th round 3 more years eligible

4 minutes ago, charger_ss24 said:

My picks would be Ozuna, Snell, Semien, Gallen and Nola, based on round value.

I can only keep 5 and Acuña is a definite keeper in the 26th round. That being said what 4 others would you keep? 

2 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

I can only keep 5 and Acuña is a definite keeper in the 26th round. That being said what 4 others would you keep? 

Sorry! Read that as keep five more. I would take out Nola.

• Thanks 1

Acuña - 26th round final year eligible - Easy choice here

Snell - 15th round 2 more years eligible - Love him at the price.

Laureano - 13th round 3 more years eligible - Stud.  25/20 season coming and will be a top 50 guy overall next few years.
Gallen - 26th round 3 more years eligible - I think this is his breakout season.

Top 4 are Acuna, Laureano, Snell, and Gallen.

After that I think I go with Merrifield, but could see the case for Ozuna or Semien.

Thoughts on this?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, svdude said:

Acuña - 26th round final year eligible - Easy choice here

Snell - 15th round 2 more years eligible - Love him at the price.

Laureano - 13th round 3 more years eligible - Stud.  25/20 season coming and will be a top 50 guy overall next few years.
Gallen - 26th round 3 more years eligible - I think this is his breakout season.

Top 4 are Acuna, Laureano, Snell, and Gallen.

After that I think I go with Merrifield, but could see the case for Ozuna or Semien.

Thoughts on this?

I'm curious about your decision to cut Nola. Is it based primarily on there only being one year remaining or do you not believe he can get back to form, meaning somewhere between his 2017 and 2018 seasons? I debated keeping Gallen over him but liked the idea of starting the draft off knowing I have my 1-2 starters. 

I had Nola in my keeper league and recently traded him.  Just don't think he's going to be an elite pitcher and and think Gallen can match him in production this year and beyond.

• Thanks 1

Trout, Acuna, Ozuna, Semien, Merrifield are you're locks for years. 

12 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

I'll take those 5 in bold. I wonder about Laureano but his low BB rate and high K rate make me doubt. 

• Thanks 1

Acuna

Snell

NOLA

Gallen

Ozuna

Semien likely doesnt repeat

• Thanks 1

I would keep:

Acuna

Ozuna

Snell

Nola

Merrifield

I was debating Ozuna or Laureano be cause of the OBP but I think Ozuna will thrive in ATL. The obvious edge to Laureano in steals but you will have plenty of that available in a 10 team league. 

I was considering Gallen but we haven't seen him over an entire MLB season. I think Nola will be a better choice than Gallen for this year. In a 10 team league there should be plenty of pitching options. 

I like Merrifield to bounceback in the steals department which only solidifies his value in your case. 

Edited by 24/7fantasysports
Spelling error
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for your input. Most of you have Acuña, Snell, and Ozuna in which I've decided are pretty much locked. I've got some deciding to do on the other two. Once my league sumbits keepers I'll have a better idea of what my early draft picks will potentially look like giving me more insight as to who's the better option. I'm leaning toward Merrifield due to his multi-position eligibility and the SB, many of which will likely be kept already. I also think Nola has a bounce back year but with only oneore year left I'm leaning cutting bait. Laureano is enticing with his power/speed combo and 3 more years eligible. 

16 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

Thanks everyone for your input. Most of you have Acuña, Snell, and Ozuna in which I've decided are pretty much locked. I've got some deciding to do on the other two. Once my league sumbits keepers I'll have a better idea of what my early draft picks will potentially look like giving me more insight as to who's the better option. I'm leaning toward Merrifield due to his multi-position eligibility and the SB, many of which will likely be kept already. I also think Nola has a bounce back year but with only oneore year left I'm leaning cutting bait. Laureano is enticing with his power/speed combo and 3 more years eligible. 

Do you like Gallen at all in this case? Or you down to Laureano and Nola? 

I can see why you would no longer want to hold Nola with this being his last year keeper. I would lean to Gallen over Laureano in that case. I'm not sold on Laureano especially him dealing with the lower leg injury last year. 

Help please:

1 minute ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Do you like Gallen at all in this case? Or you down to Laureano and Nola? 

I can see why you would no longer want to hold Nola with this being his last year keeper. I would lean to Gallen over Laureano in that case. I'm not sold on Laureano especially him dealing with the lower leg injury last year. 

I do like Gallen a lot too but he has a small sample size and will likely be on an innings limit making him potentially unavailable for the end of the season. The lower leg injury for Laureano is a tad concerning but he's so young and we haven't seen enough to label him injury prone just yet. The main thing that concerns me with him is his low walk rate and high k rate. The potential for a 25/20 guy is what's enticing. 

7 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

I do like Gallen a lot too but he has a small sample size and will likely be on an innings limit making him potentially unavailable for the end of the season. The lower leg injury for Laureano is a tad concerning but he's so young and we haven't seen enough to label him injury prone just yet. The main thing that concerns me with him is his low walk rate and high k rate. The potential for a 25/20 guy is what's enticing. 

The 25/20 would be enticing. I personally think you would be pretty solid in a SB category with Acuna, Trout(taking 1st), and Merrifield already on your team. Especially in a 10 team league where you could probably draft another upside SB player.

I considered Nola the best option out of him, Gallen, and Laureano for this year. But you would know how important having years of eligibility left to own in your league better than I would 😀

44 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

The 25/20 would be enticing. I personally think you would be pretty solid in a SB category with Acuna, Trout(taking 1st), and Merrifield already on your team. Especially in a 10 team league where you could probably draft another upside SB player.

I considered Nola the best option out of him, Gallen, and Laureano for this year. But you would know how important having years of eligibility left to own in your league better than I would 😀

I'm mainly looking at the eligibility due to Acuña and Nola being on their final year. 

On 1/24/2020 at 9:40 AM, BostonCajun said:

10 team H2H league with OBP and SV+HLD. Can keep 5 for up to 3 years max. 

I have the 1st overall pick with Trout and Yelich both there for my choosing and I'm leaning Trout. I will be missing my 2nd round and my 10th round picks due to a trade that helped me win the championship last year. 

These are the 8 guys I'm deciding between with Acuña obviously being a lock. 

My choices narrowed. Thx for help on mine. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2020 at 3:09 AM, 24/7fantasysports said:

I would keep:

Acuna

Ozuna

Snell

Nola

Merrifield

I was debating Ozuna or Laureano be cause of the OBP but I think Ozuna will thrive in ATL. The obvious edge to Laureano in steals but you will have plenty of that available in a 10 team league. 

I was considering Gallen but we haven't seen him over an entire MLB season. I think Nola will be a better choice than Gallen for this year. In a 10 team league there should be plenty of pitching options. 

I like Merrifield to bounceback in the steals department which only solidifies his value in your case. 

I would go with these 5

• Thanks 1

Acuña, Merrifield, Snell, Gallen and Nola are mine.

I would consider Laureano over Gallen

• Thanks 1