Flyman75

Adalberto Mondesi 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)

2/21 so far and dropped to 6th in the lineup after being in the 2 or 3 hole for the 1st 5 games. Anyone watch him at all? Is he completely lost or does it look like a turnaround is imminent? Tough to bench [...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

On 7/29/2020 at 2:10 PM, Olliemets said:

2/21 so far and dropped to 6th in the lineup after being in the 2 or 3 hole for the 1st 5 games. Anyone watch him at all? Is he completely lost or does it look like a turnaround is imminent? Tough to bench [...] 

Very tough to bench because he can pop off SBs at an impressive clip. His BA is back up to the .260s, and he stole two bases tonight. But otherwise, it's been an atrocious year for him...one walk, 17 Ks, no HRs, 1 RBI, only 6 Rs. 

He's bad. Him and Mallex show why you don't draft rabbits who can't hit.

2 hours ago, swfcdan said:

He's bad. Him and Mallex show why you don't draft rabbits who can't hit.

I don’t think anyone is showing anything in this screwy season. Mondesi hit .268 in the last two years combined with a little power and his SBs. I have no problem stomaching .260+ from him. 

I’m just not putting any stock in this season whatsoever...good, bad, and in-between. 

• Like 3

On 8/8/2020 at 10:24 PM, Flyman75 said:

Very tough to bench because he can pop off SBs at an impressive clip. His BA is back up to the .260s, and he stole two bases tonight. But otherwise, it's been an atrocious year for him...one walk, 17 Ks, no HRs, 1 RBI, only 6 Rs. 

Agree, any given day he could get 1-3 SB and really help you in that category. 

Dollars to doughnuts his shoulder is bothering him.   

• Like 1

Whether he is hurt or not I am not sure this guy is going to be able to keep himself in the starting lineup any longer.  I guess its good he's on the Royals and they may just let him play through his struggles.    

He's been a mess for sure, but at least he has the 6 or so SB if there is any silver lining. Would seem he may be fighting through a nagging injury.  Last year he was red hot for a long time if I remember correctly then got hurt. Doesn't look like his owners will get much more from him this year then what he's already put up, I'm not sure I see any significant hot streak coming.

Even when this bum does get on base he doesn't steal. There have been times he's on less than two outs and doesn't run in situations down 1-2 runs, 9th batter up, like cmon I drafted you for one thing.

Posted (edited)

Just so bad at the plate and makes some poor decisions. Gordon works a 2 out walk he comes up and tries to bunt on the first pitch with the 3b playing in. Pops it up to him and inning is over. On 2nd base in the 10th to start the inning and gets thrown out trying to steal third for the first out. It's like he has no feel for the game at all.

Edited by HK-47

I never understood the hype behind this guy.

2 hours ago, Evincar said:

I never understood the hype behind this guy.

Well, he had a nice 2018 and 2019. So there’s that. 

• Haha 1

I was about to drop and he goes 3/4 with 2 SBs. I was telling myself earlier because I was certain to drop him today he would have a great game heh. We'll see what he does next few days if he he has a good run coming. 

Edited by tonywow

Well...after going 0-22 over six games, he’s now 6-16 with a HR, 5 RBI, 3 SB over his last four games. Not sure how long it’ll last, but glad to see some life from him. 

• Like 1

I can see him having a strong resurgence these last 3 weeks. The guy is talented, so not writing him off yet. 

Seems like back in the circle of trust. Batting 2nd.

Seven game hitting streak, granted the last six have all been 1-for-4 games, lol. But still, over those seven games he’s hitting .321-4-2-8-5. Would be nice to have him finish the season on a strong note. 

Another HR and two more SB tonight. I don’t mind talking to myself ;) lol. But this guy is pretty hot right now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Another HR and two more SB tonight. I don’t mind talking to myself ;) lol. But this guy is pretty hot right now. 

yep would of been able to buy for pennies in a full season. and looking like that top 25 player for 2/3 of a full season

45 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Prior to this hot streak, he had the lowest wRC+ in baseball. Ride the hot bat. 

I don't believe he's as good as he is now, nor do I believe he's as bad as he was then. 

19 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I don't believe he's as good as he is now, nor do I believe he's as bad as he was then. 

Your talking out of both sides of your mouth, tell us how you really feel, we can handle the truth? lol

1 hour ago, Topgun said:

Your talking out of both sides of your mouth, tell us how you really feel, we can handle the truth? lol

How am I talking about of both sides of my mouth? He's not as good as he's hitting now, though it's nice to see him get hot...he's not as bad as he was prior to this hot streak...he's somewhere in the middle. 

• Like 1

I drafted this guy high the last two seasons. All done. This is the production I was thinking I was getting for the last two years

. He might be doing well because pitchers are dropping like flies. Not sure what pitchers he is doing this against but I'm still done. 

10 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I think this is pretty much what those of us who have/had this guy were expecting.  Maybe not this huge power surge but remember a lot of the reason why we took him so high was because he did offer a little more pop then most your normal super speedy SB type.  I never envisioned him hitting over 260 or having anything close to a good OBP. but I did see someone who could hit 25 HR's and get me 40-50 SBs easily.  Basically thought his average season would be 2019 Villar which IMO is a top 30-40 player in standard 5x5.  

• Like 1