Sign in to follow this  
SinCity

SINGLETARY & SANDERS.....KEEPERS?

Recommended Posts

I am in a 16 team keeper league we can keep up to 2 players but don't have to keep anyone. I am thinking of keeping both singletary and sanders as young RBs to build around my team but in doing so would mean I lose a round 1 and 2 pick. I guess my question is are they worth keeping for round 1 and 2 picks? I plan on trading Mike Evans or Godwin whichever he wants for Mahomes then all I gotta do is concentrate on is WRs basically. Also I am not keeping Evans or Godwin so don't say I should keep them instead of a RB I won't do it as far as im concerned it's a RB or none at all. So any input at all keep 1 or 2, both or no RBs at all? Thanks for any help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep Miles & Singletary. Sanders will have the backfield all to himself in 2020. Howard is now a FA and will sign elsewhere this off season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a big fan of both but I don’t think either is worth a 1st or 2nd round pick. I’d rather let them go and see who else is available. They’ll be there for you if you don’t see anyone else better released to the pool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We obviously disagree philosophy wise (but this could simply be a result of me not understanding the individual nuances of your league make-up), as I'd keep both WRs over those 2 RBs.

So, keep no one. *see below

Confusion: you say you'll trade a WR (Evans/Godwin) for Mahommes, but speak nothing to Mahommes being one of your potential "two" keepers. So, why even ask about the 2 RBs being potential keepers (if you are indeed trading one), and then, referencing said trade, why not inquire about only 1 of the RBs being a potential keeper, along with Mahommes :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FollowTheLeader said:

We obviously disagree philosophy wise (but this could simply be a result of me not understanding the individual nuances of your league make-up), as I'd keep both WRs over those 2 RBs.

So, keep no one. *see below

Confusion: you say you'll trade a WR (Evans/Godwin) for Mahommes, but speak nothing to Mahommes being one of your potential "two" keepers. So, why even ask about the 2 RBs being potential keepers (if you are indeed trading one), and then, referencing said trade, why not inquire about only 1 of the RBs being a potential keeper, along with Mahommes :wacko:

Id trade Evans or Godwin for Mahomes cuz he is a keeper for another team before the draft  and Mahomes would come to be basically as my 3rd rounder in the draft. he wouldnt be my keeper per say as id keep both rbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotcha'

Side note: my oldest keeper league (est. 1994) has rules in place to prevent getting something for nothing. You can trade anyone/any draft RD prior to keeper designation deadline. Following keeper designation, you would only be allowed to trade away current assets, such as, currently owned draft RDs (RDs not forfeited for keepers) and/or your two keepers. *trading away of non-designated keepers (nothing) for players/draft RDs (something) following the deadline would not fly.

...all leagues are different though. g/l in 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What pick do you have in the draft, how many players do you think will get kept and how many teams are giving up their first and/or second round pick??  Even in a 16 team league Sanders looks to be going as a late 2nd round pick next year and Singletary in the 3rd.  So if you go by that there isn't a huge amount of value in either guy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All main RB are being kept so if I didnt keep Singletary or Sanders id probably be screwed and everyone in the league thi year is keeping 2 except 1 who i keeping 1 and after keeper rounds I have 1st pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 7:32 AM, FollowTheLeader said:

Gotcha'

Side note: my oldest keeper league (est. 1994) has rules in place to prevent getting something for nothing. You can trade anyone/any draft RD prior to keeper designation deadline. Following keeper designation, you would only be allowed to trade away current assets, such as, currently owned draft RDs (RDs not forfeited for keepers) and/or your two keepers. *trading away of non-designated keepers (nothing) for players/draft RDs (something) following the deadline would not fly.

...all leagues are different though. g/l in 2020

Other owner would get either both Godwin and Evans he has D. Adams he said hes keeping or just take 1 of the WRs and I give him my next round pick which would be 4th round before keepers and 2nd round after keepers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SinCity said:

All main RB are being kept so if I didnt keep Singletary or Sanders id probably be screwed and everyone in the league thi year is keeping 2 except 1 who i keeping 1 and after keeper rounds I have 1st pick

Well if thats the case just figure the ranking on the remaining players.  If you keep no one you essentially have 3 of 4 top picks in the draft.  Which isn't a bad way to start.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 7:57 PM, youngrice said:

Well if thats the case just figure the ranking on the remaining players.  If you keep no one you essentially have 3 of 4 top picks in the draft.  Which isn't a bad way to start.

I agree with this strategy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id keep godwin and trade evans if you could. Then id probably see what could possible be tossed back instead of keeping those RBs. Although if any id keep singletary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this