Sign in to follow this  
B&F

Ian Happ 2020 Outlook

scorching hot spring.  hitting almost 500 with pop.  really think he could break out this year

9 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

scorching hot spring.  hitting almost 500 with pop.  really think he could break out this year

Don't tell anybody...…………….

Rotoworld blurb yesterday:

Ian Happ went 2-for-4 with a double and three RBI as the Cubs routed the Giants in Cactus League play on Tuesday afternoon.

Happ -- who batted leadoff and started in center field for the Cubs in this one -- chipped in an RBI single during a five-run uprising off of Johnny Cueto in the second inning. He then added a two-run double in the third to run the Cubs' advantage to 8-0. He's having an other-worldly spring -- hitting .481 (13-for-27) with two homers and 11 RBI -- and appears to have secured the starting job in center field.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Honestly, there's not much better upside for free at the end of your drafts.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

1 hour ago, jfazz23 said:

Don't read into the hot start, its Spring and a small sample.

Do read into the fact he should be able to win the starting CF job because of this.

I know this is a lazy question, but is Happ still 2B eligible in ESPN leagues? If he is and gets regular PT I don't see any reason why he can't at least be Paul DeJong 2.0. 

6 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Don't read into the hot start, its Spring and a small sample.

Do read into the fact he should be able to win the starting CF job because of this.

but what if hes in the best shape of his life too!?!???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would reach for this guy.  I would not wait for his ADP.

I’m mostly impressed by the 4 K in 27 AB. This guy is usually Babe Ruth in spring training but not striking out so much anymore would be nice. 

• Like 3

Love him too but Almora, Kipnis, Souza and Bote still there.He’ll get tons of starts for sure but it’s not clear sailing...yet.

2 hours ago, Magoo said:

Love him too but Almora, Kipnis, Souza and Bote still there.He’ll get tons of starts for sure but it’s not clear sailing...yet.

The only one of those I have concern about is Almora. 

I think there are worse dirt cheap sleeper options out there.  In a roto league, Happ could provide a lot of pop and a few steals. Plus, he's eligible at 2B.  I've gone to the well many times and gotten burned, but I do think he's got some potential this year.  I agree that losing Madden can help the crazy lineup situations. I added him in a league, but I'm still a bit gun shy about the deal.