Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Ian Happ 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happ has too many holes, but you like Lewis as a real breakout? Even though Lewis had a higher K-rate in the minors and already has 8 Ks in 18 PAs this season? I don’t know how you can point out the h

If you can guarantee contact I can name a lot more players that are always super dangerous.

  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Did peeps draft Ian Happ?

Several shares 😍....

On 3/4/2020 at 2:10 PM, meh2 said:

I’ve drafted him in most of my leagues thus far. I think he’ll land the everyday centerfielder job, but Almora is having a good spring as well so it’s still complicated. He’ll also likely start the year hitting at the bottom of the order as it sounds like they’ll open with Bryant in leadoff followed by Rizzo, Baez et al.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2020 at 11:53 AM, swfcdan said:

Cubs 2nd or 3rd best hitter now? Looking like a stud.

The best?

To think it's finally Happening, and yet there is very little excitement on here. Sounds like most people gave up on him this year lol.

Shows that prospects can take a year or two to click into gear...

Edited by swfcdan
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Why is he leading off? Seems like a weird spot for the best hitter on your team. 

Rizzo, while not a typical lead-off man, has a crazy good walk rate. 


Happ’s OBP is .420, easily leading the team. Seems like the perfect spot. Heyward is currently the second best hitter on the team and he’s been awful when leading off. Rizzo is best at 2 or 3.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swfcdan said:

The best?

To think it's finally Happening, and yet there is very little excitement on here. Sounds like most people gave up on him this year lol.

Shows that prospects can take a year or two to click into gear...

 

I think it just shows that a lot of people aren't putting much stock into what's happening this year. I know I'm not...good, bad, or somewhere in between. I'm excited to be a Happ owner for at least the next three years in one league, but I also understand that this has been one weird season with different players responding in different ways. 

Hopefully, he can carry this over into 2021, though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

 

I think it just shows that a lot of people aren't putting much stock into what's happening this year. I know I'm not...good, bad, or somewhere in between. I'm excited to be a Happ owner for at least the next three years in one league, but I also understand that this has been one weird season with different players responding in different ways. 

Hopefully, he can carry this over into 2021, though. 

 

I agree with not overrating a 60 game sample, but if a player performs well and has the pedigree you have to take note.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 1:51 AM, UberRebel said:

 

I agree with not overrating a 60 game sample, but if a player performs well and has the pedigree you have to take note.

And he was good last year too. People say there's no sleepers nowadays but people really slept on Happ this year.

Everything he's doing is showing he's legit. This isn't just a hot streak.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, swfcdan said:

And he was good last year too. People say there's no sleepers nowadays but people really slept on Happ this year.

Everything he's doing is showing he's legit. This isn't just a hot streak.

 

He now has almost 1200 at-bats on a 30 hr/10 steal/350 obp/500 slg pace.  So that is the bare minimum projection going forward. Even if you assume a bunch of this year is sample-size related you still I think are building up from that base number and that's a pretty valuable OF

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OaksterDan said:

He has a contusion above his right eye after a foul ball ricocheted off the ground into his face yesterday.  Yahoo shows him as DTD - I wonder if the Cubs will give him a night off tonight vs Jack Flaherty.  

That would be a yes.  I'm guessing he won't be out much longer though.  I'd obviously be thrilled if he was back for tomorrow's doubleheader, but we'll see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...