Rotoworld.com Forums

Ian Happ 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, B&F said:

Someone on the Cubs should give him another contusion above his other eye.

Nah, I think one was enough.  We all got luck that it was just a contusion the first time.

1 hour ago, Bash Bros said:

This guy is going to be a 3rd round pick next year. It's more than just a hot streak in a severely shortened season. He's been raking ever since he was recalled last year. 

I'm not going to guess what round he should go in next season yet, but yeah, this isn't doesn't seem like it is just a shortened season hot streak.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happ has too many holes, but you like Lewis as a real breakout? Even though Lewis had a higher K-rate in the minors and already has 8 Ks in 18 PAs this season? I don’t know how you can point out the h

If you can guarantee contact I can name a lot more players that are always super dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, OaksterDan said:

He's slumping big-time now.  3 hits (all singles) in his last 26 ABs with a 13/2 K/BB ratio in that span.  

That he is, but he has slumped at times this season already.  The K's were also mostly from a 3 game stretch during this, but still, that is the one difference between his previous slumps this season.  The K's briefly started piling up, so I guess this will partially tell you if his season was for real or not.

I'm leaning towards being more optimistic with him since he's still been a much better hitter this season than he has been in the past.  The HRs were likely a bit inflated as his HR/FB rate is pretty high, but still, he's been walking at a solid clip this season and his K-rate still isn't horrible compared to most of his previous years even with the recent spike.

• Like 1