RunCMC

Kobe Bryant 1978 - 2020

My hope that this is a hoax is fading...... might be watching Kobe youtube videos and drinking soon......

• Like 1

Heartbreaking...absolutely heart breaking and shocking.

This is Bean man...grew up with this man 😥😥 celebrity death rarely bother me...but this is hitting....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BayofPuigs said:

My hope that this is a hoax is fading...... might be watching Kobe youtube videos and drinking soon......

Already starting :(, keep the legend alive by continuing to shout Kobeee for every shot taken (basketball/paper trash)

• Like 1

This is copied from the Victorian Herald-Sun newspaper online in Oz just now as well, i'm a subscriber to this service.

Legendary basketballer Kobe Bryant has been killed in a helicopter crash in California.

Bryant, 41, died with four others aboard his private helicopter in Calabasas, on Sunday morning, local time.

Bryant played 20 years with the Los Angeles Lakers NBA team and is regarded as one of the greatest basketballers of all time.

#Update Downed aircraft is a helicopter. Flames extinguished. #Malibu deputies at crash site looking for survivors, 4200 blk Las Virgenes Rd #Calabasas #LASD

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

A father of four girls, Bryant also won an Oscar in 2018 for an animated film.

He was reportedly travelling to the Staples Center in Los Angeles when the chopper crashed.

Video of the crash scene shows the chopper ignited a brush fire after it fell west of downtown LA at about 10am.

Bryant is survived by his wife Vanessa and children Gianna, Natalia and Bianca and newborn daughter Capri.

None of his family were travelling with him on the flight from his home in Newport Beach, and the identity of the other passengers has not been confirmed.

The National Transport Safety Board was investigating the crash, with early reports the helicopter had caught fire while it was flying.

FROM OUR PARTNERS offnet-icon.svg

Real news, honest views. Watch Rita Panahi 2pm Friday, Sky News. For more

Five people confirmed deceased, no survivors in #Calabasas helicopter crash. #LASD #Malibu deputies remain with #LA County Fire personnel. Investigation ongoing.

Avoid the area until further notice.

Tributes were pouring in for the 18-time All-Star, who led the Lakers to five NBA championships and scored more than 33,000 points before he retired in 2016.

Dallas Mavericks star Luka Doncic tweeted: “NO PLEASE, I’m shaking this can’t be true please.”

Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love said: “Please no. Please God no. It can’t be true.”

Tristan Thompson added: “I hope this isn’t true man!!! Not Kobe.”

Born in Philadelphia, the son of former NBA player Joe Bryant, Kobe entered the NBA directly from high school and played his entire 20-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers.

He won five NBA championships and was an All-Star 18 times.

He was also a 15-time member of the All-NBA Team, 12-time member of the All-Defensive team and was the NBA’s Most Valuable Player (MVP) in 2008.

Kobe led the NBA in scoring during two seasons and is regarded as one of the best basketball players of all time.

He was the first guard to play at least 20 seasons.

More to come

• Thanks 2

Some saying Rick Fox may have been onboard.

At the age of only 22. Kobe Bryant was the number one ranked (8 cat) fantasy basketball player. 28.5 pts, 5.9 rebs, 5 ast, 1.68 stl, FG 46%, 85 FTs (8.2 per) according to basketball monster.

Long live the legend.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Some saying Rick Fox may have been onboard.

Wait... What?

Just now, DezedandConfused said:

seeing his kids were onboard, I'm done

I feel like I've known him personally since he was a high schooler. Watched him grow up, watched him fail and succeed. It's beyond words.

• Like 4

RIP Mamba, thank you for entertaining us for so many years. One of the greatest athletes ever. Thoughts and prayers with the Bryant family 🙏

• Like 2

I'm utterly devastated. This man was such a part of my childhood, middle school, and high school years. Rest in Power to an absolute legend 

• Like 2

Reading his 13 year old was on board. Devastating. Such a sad, sad, day. Life is but a blur. Hug your children and loved ones, cherish every moment. 

• Like 5

Havent enjoyed a game since 2010 game 7 vs boston. Honestly, seeing kobe in the crowd watching nba games is much much more entertaining for me than the actual game nowadays. I was looking forward to your new ventures, i really look up to you in a lot of ways. Im really proud to be a fan of yours. Mamba out.

• Like 3

As a person living in Los Angeles, it was very foggy this morning. I’m wondering if that had any contribution to the crash and maybe they should rethink allowing helicopters to take off when it’s foggy. Looking at the news, it’s still foggy around the mountains.

• Like 2

It’s ok guys, we can talk fantasy here. If the event has fantasy implications then we will talk about it, no problem. Are there news of game cancellations? Im thinking they’ll just have a moment of silence, and then proceed with the games.

F***. Never a Laker fan, but as a die hard basketball fan since i was old enough to speak, this is such a brutal thing to deal with. Almost feels like someone in my own family died. Watched this man since he was 18 come up in the league, still got his rookie card in mint condition....depressing day.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

At the age of only 22. Kobe Bryant was the number one ranked (8 cat) fantasy basketball player. 28.5 pts, 5.9 rebs, 5 ast, 1.68 stl, FG 46%, 85 FTs (8.2 per) according to basketball monster.

Long live the legend.

Learning cool facts like that is so cool. It's also a great tribute for Kobe. What was his TOs and 3s at the time? Hard to imagine that ranks for #1 in today’s league. Any other memories of Kobe in fantasy?

• Like 1