RunCMC

Kobe Bryant 1978 - 2020

I grew up a Magic fan. I was crushed when Magic announced he had AIDS. A death sentence.

Magic is alive, and Kobe is dead. 

Damn, I feel old.

• Like 1

Just terrible news. Condolences to his family and all Lakers/NBA fans today.

• Like 1

I love you Kobe. The reason I fell in love with the game and an inspiration to the world. Rest in Paradise King.

• Like 1

I started watching NBA in 03-04 season and became a fan of the Lakers & Kobe. I met my best friends because we shared the same appreciation for Kobe. This news hits home for all of us. 

What's incredibly sad for me, and I'm sure for many of you as well, is that he wasn't just a role model for basketball. His work ethic was something I learned from and that shaped who I am as a person in my every day job. I wouldn't have had the same drive or success in my career if it wasn't for his approach to his. 

• Like 3

his daughter who was gonna carry on his NBA legacy just makes everything worst. 

• Like 1

Rest in PEACE Kobe Bryant.You will always be missed & remembered.

• Like 1

I feel sick.  It’s my birthday today and it’s all I can think about.  I live in LA and grew up watching him.  I can’t believe it

• Like 3

too surreal. wasnt meant to go down like this. i appreciate you for all the good memories for more than half my life time. grew up and idolized you. RIP my GOAT

• Like 4

Kobe, you were an inspiration to us all. Gone too soon. So tragic. Thank you for everything. Rest In Peace Kobe and Gigi. Will forever be missed. 

• Like 4

RIP Kobe. Thank you for everything, your legend will live on.

• Like 1

Still so surreal. 

He lived an amazing life and has and will continue to inspire so many people.

It's his daughter who has really got me torn up, she never got a chance to start her legacy. 

RIP Mamba 

RIP GiGi

• Like 1

The legacy he left behind will never die. Because of him many around the world including myself, will strive to be the best versions of ourselves. Not only in achieving personal goals, but being better humans, caring for one another & impacting people’s lives.

He inspired many on/off the court with his unbreakable will & determination which we can all apply to our everyday lives. It is up to us to carry on that legacy.

Condolences to the Bryant family & other families involved. Kobe & Gigi rest in paradise. 

#8 & #24-ever

• Like 1

I didn't sleep well the last night.

Trust me but as an Orlando Magic fan living in Italy grown up when he was ballin' out the league, it has been way harder than I thought.

Kobe has lived in my town (Pistoia) when his dad used to play for our team, it's still unbelievable.

I tried to honor him watching his last game against Utah even though it was like 4 AM in Italy and I had an exam on 9 AM, I believe that this was the sign of how much I loved him.

I'll miss him very much.

RIP Kobe and Gigi

• Like 1

I think it was a testament to Kobe’s relentlessness and work ethic that many people (myself included) often rooted against the Lakers in the finals. Kobe was tenacious.

I heard today that Kobe on a recent pod said his initial goal was 8 championships and that he later updated it to 6 (to equal MJ’s total). He was for a long time salty he only got 5. But eventually he realized he could not have worked any harder, so he was satisfied with his total.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Like 4

R.I.P. :( My 2nd favorite player behind T-Mac. More devastating too after finding out there were a few kids on board. Couldn't imagine what I'd do if I lost my daughters to anything...

R.I.P Mamba!! 🙏🏾
R.I.P Gigi!! 🙏🏾
Gone way too soon!!! Thank you for everything, you will be missed legend.