Sign in to follow this  
K197040

Keenan Allen 2020 Outlook

24 minutes ago, herschel said:

MikeWilliams missing a month help or hurt KA?

Help...helps him, Henry, and ekeler. This offense is not starved for weapons. I’m buying that Keenan smashes adp, even if tyrod throws 3600 yards.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 12:29 PM, herschel said:

MikeWilliams missing a month help or hurt KA?

Helps him for sure.

On 9/7/2020 at 12:01 PM, LongBalls said:

PFF has this guy projected at 120+ targets. Yes please.

That would be the lowest targets he's had in years, by a wide margin.

11 hours ago, Lt. Frank Drebin said:

hence the “plus”

it is uncertain, but I usually bet on talent vs situation. Especially since the situation isn’t as abhorrent as others are making it to be 

10 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

hence the “plus”

it is uncertain, but I usually bet on talent vs situation. Especially since the situation isn’t as abhorrent as others are making it to be 

I feel like he's fine value where he's going in most drafts, but I'm banking on a 75 catch, 900ish yards, 4 to 6 TD season. That's not bad, but there are more explosive, higher upside, win the week for you, guys still in his draft range, such as Chark, McLaurin, Metcalf, Hilton and Ridley.

Allen is extremely talented, but there's no way we can ignore the chemistry he had with Rivers, and how terrible Taylor is throwing the ball, at least for fantasy purposes, and the reports that Herbert is looking completely lost and ineffective. 

I drafted him last night and so I'm hoping I'm wrong and he goes off for 95 catches, 1100 yds and 8 TD's because talent, but I'm not holding my breath. Taylor had Watkins, Woods, etc., to throw to for 3 years in Buffalo and didn't do much with them. 

On 9/10/2020 at 9:03 PM, Lt. Frank Drebin said:

Not sure why that matters unless you were thinking about keeping him. 120+ targets in redraft is still top 20 in terms of opportunity at the WR position.

19 minutes ago, Fabios1993 said:

Big game incoming... Over 20 points. We will see, start him everywhere 

I ended up with this dude everywhere. So it is going to be a great pick or a big disaster. People were scared to pick him for some reason. I know it’s Tyrod, but Rivers wasn’t that great either last year.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

I ended up with this dude everywhere. So it is going to be a great pick or a big disaster. People were scared to pick him for some reason. I know it’s Tyrod, but Rivers wasn’t that great either last year.

But tomorrow without Mike Williams I think he and ekeler will have great game... Yes I saw the same :people don't want to draft him but I trust in his ability, even with a bad QB

On 9/11/2020 at 11:40 AM, Lt. Frank Drebin said:

I feel like he's fine value where he's going in most drafts, but I'm banking on a 75 catch, 900ish yards, 4 to 6 TD season. That's not bad, but there are more explosive, higher upside, win the week for you, guys still in his draft range, such as Chark, McLaurin, Metcalf, Hilton and Ridley.

Allen is extremely talented, but there's no way we can ignore the chemistry he had with Rivers, and how terrible Taylor is throwing the ball, at least for fantasy purposes, and the reports that Herbert is looking completely lost and ineffective. 

I drafted him last night and so I'm hoping I'm wrong and he goes off for 95 catches, 1100 yds and 8 TD's because talent, but I'm not holding my breath. Taylor had Watkins, Woods, etc., to throw to for 3 years in Buffalo and didn't do much with them. 

Tyrod never had Watkins for 3 years in buffalo because 2014 he was in Baltimore but 2015 watkins had 60/1047/9 and woods had 47/552/3. Then in 2016 watkins got hurt and 2017 he got traded woods never had more then 6 TDs in a year until last year and believe Kupp was also hurt or coming off a serious injury. Allen is way more skilled then these Wide Receivers 

8 hours ago, JrsKars said:

Tyrod never had Watkins for 3 years in buffalo because 2014 he was in Baltimore but 2015 watkins had 60/1047/9 and woods had 47/552/3. Then in 2016 watkins got hurt and 2017 he got traded woods never had more then 6 TDs in a year until last year and believe Kupp was also hurt or coming off a serious injury. Allen is way more skilled then these Wide Receivers 

Yes, but the point I was making is he had 2 good receivers in various flavors for 3 seasons and not only did he not hit them much, but he didn't even throw to them much period.

Surely the offensive philosophy will be better in Chargersland, but I find it a little hard to believe the OC is going to have Taylor peppering dudes with targets. 120 seems like the high end he'll sling towards Allen. He's extremely talented overall, especially compared to Watkins and a much younger and greener Woods, but all his monster years he's getting 136, 149 and 159 targets from a much better throwing QB who he had amazing chemistry with, and even in his 8 game monster season, years back, it was 89 targets over 8 games. 

We give him a 68% catch rate on 125 targets he's looking at 85 receptions. Give him 12 yards a catch we're at 1020 yards. He gets his average of about 6 TD's a year.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a 85/1020/6 line, it's quite good, but I'm not expecting some 98/1250/7 year. And that might be very ambitious to even give him a slash like 85/1020/6. I really hope I'm wrong though lol, cause no one's biting on my trade offers and I can't get myself to sit him for guys I drafted so much later for a few games cause I do love Keenan Allen the player and he's still in his dead a** prime. 

4 hours ago, Lt. Frank Drebin said:

Yes, but the point I was making is he had 2 good receivers in various flavors for 3 seasons and not only did he not hit them much, but he didn't even throw to them much period.

Surely the offensive philosophy will be better in Chargersland, but I find it a little hard to believe the OC is going to have Taylor peppering dudes with targets. 120 seems like the high end he'll sling towards Allen. He's extremely talented overall, especially compared to Watkins and a much younger and greener Woods, but all his monster years he's getting 136, 149 and 159 targets from a much better throwing QB who he had amazing chemistry with, and even in his 8 game monster season, years back, it was 89 targets over 8 games. 

We give him a 68% catch rate on 125 targets he's looking at 85 receptions. Give him 12 yards a catch we're at 1020 yards. He gets his average of about 6 TD's a year.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a 85/1020/6 line, it's quite good, but I'm not expecting some 98/1250/7 year. And that might be very ambitious to even give him a slash like 85/1020/6. I really hope I'm wrong though lol, cause no one's biting on my trade offers and I can't get myself to sit him for guys I drafted so much later for a few games cause I do love Keenan Allen the player and he's still in his dead a** prime. 

Yea true im worried hell get double team with no mike Williams 

Edited by JrsKars

Consider me very concerned...and it won't be easier with KC in town next week if the Chiefs are gonna make this team play from behind. 

Henry and Williams had better days- better fits for Tyrod or was Keenan getting extra attention"?

Only because I'm an owner and trying to stay optimistic - they won't be able to rely on the run as much as they did this week (and most of the rest of the season) and will be forced to throw to keep up with teams that put up more points.

13 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Consider me very concerned...and it won't be easier with KC in town next week if the Chiefs are gonna make this team play from behind. 

Henry and Williams had better days- better fits for Tyrod or was Keenan getting extra attention"?

Did not watch the game but....7 targets so not bad. Plays KC, TB, Car, and NO. They will be behind and he will rack up garbage time IMO.

1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Did not watch the game but....7 targets so not bad. Plays KC, TB, Car, and NO. They will be behind and he will rack up garbage time IMO.

the problem with me is Taylor trying to connect with Keenan? Henry and mike Williams both we’re better today for whatever reason 

Tyrod Taylor is awful, we need Justin to start or I fear Keenan won't have value. I watched the entire game and all I can say is I can't believe Tyrod Taylor is a starting QB in the NFL;

Edited by kdpat15
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, kdpat15 said:

Tyrod Taylor is awful, we need Justin to start or I fear Keenan won't have value. I watched the entire game and all I can say is I can't believe Tyrod Taylor is a starting QB in the NFL;

So...abandon ship?

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

So...abandon ship?

No, I don't think so. I am just disappointed in Tyrod's performance more than Keenan. The coaching staff will stick with Tyrod which does not excite me about Keenan's value. I got him in the 4th round so I have to ride it out with him whether I like it or not lol

5 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

So...abandon ship?

Look at the games he has coming up, if anything wait and sell high. I am keeping him in full ppr, better days ahead IMO.

• Like 1

All the warning signs were there...yet you ignored them.

SMH

A purely Volume-driven WR playing in a Low Pass Volume offense? I mean, what could possibly go wrong here???