Sign in to follow this  
K197040

Keenan Allen 2020 Outlook

Not too mention even if the lung heals, the ribs might not, what are the chances Tyrod wants another injection?

47 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Selling high is too risky IMO. The buyer knows the risk of Tyrod is there so it's not like you're gonna get WR1 value for him, which is exactly what he is if Herbert remains the starter. He's a strong hold for me. 

I guess that depends on what you can get in return. If he's a strong hold for you and others, why wouldn't someone want to trade for him then?

32 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I guess that depends on what you can get in return. If he's a strong hold for you and others, why wouldn't someone want to trade for him then?

I think it's human nature to always (at least slightly) overvalue players they currently have. 

I guess ultimately my take on this is with Herbert at the helm he's a set and forget WR1 who's a PPR monster. But everyone's gonna see one big game and instinctually assume you're "selling high". I just don't think he's gonna get the value of a WR1 in trade offers. 

There's a lot of sizzle involved in trades. You hear a name like Julio and get excited. There's no reason Allen couldn't outproduce him, but Allen's "boring". 

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I think it's human nature to always (at least slightly) overvalue players they currently have. 

I guess ultimately my take on this is with Herbert at the helm he's a set and forget WR1 who's a PPR monster. But everyone's gonna see one big game and instinctually assume you're "selling high". I just don't think he's gonna get the value of a WR1 in trade offers. 

There's a lot of sizzle involved in trades. You hear a name like Julio and get excited. There's no reason Allen couldn't outproduce him, but Allen's "boring". 

Oh I'm totally on board with Allen's value with Herbert at QB. But with Taylor at QB, not even close. Taylor is my only concern and Allen is a sell high right now with the idea that Taylor is planning to come back as the starting QB. It's a risk either way at this point.

10 minutes ago, dsrich said:

19 targets is absurd

It’s insane, is what that is.

Some QB’s have almost that many pass attempts in games. 

7 hours ago, dsrich said:

19 targets is absurd

That's beyond favorite target status and basically owe him money territory.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Catch me trying to buy Keenan ASAP

Catch me asking for too much in return 🤣

1 hour ago, fantasymad said:

Herbert definitely loves throwing to Allen. Top 10-15 WR going forward? 

Yep. Weekly WR1 lock in.

7 hours ago, fantasymad said:

Herbert definitely loves throwing to Allen. Top 10-15 WR going forward? 

Absolutely. I think in full PPR he finishes a top 10 receiver, particularly with that schedule. Herbert has been fantasy gold for Allen owners because we were looking at a low-end WR2 with Tyrod. 

Jumped from a WR2 to a WR1 overnight. Extra targets with Ekeler out as well. 

Posted (edited)

[...] He has been great. Need to hope he can get wins now. Seems like he has been playing well enough for a win or two. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Went out with a back injury in the first quarter, did not return. Needed 7 more points from him for my fantasy win... too bad. Hope he's ok for the rest of the season and that it was a mild spasm heading into the BYE. Back injuries are always scary though.

The funny thing is he was on my DND list for years because I considered him Mr. Glass, finally take a chance on him after proving his durability and this is how he repays me.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, whatisfootball said:

The funny thing is he was on my DND list for years because I considered him Mr. Glass, finally take a chance on him after proving his durability and this is how he repays me.

but he's not Mr. Glass.

2017- 16 games played

2018 - 16 games played

2019 - 16 games played

Come on people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, whatisfootball said:

Could have been worse. He got you 29 yards and a TD. He also gets a week 6 bye; he should be fine to return for the rest of his season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

but he's not Mr. Glass.

2017- 16 games played

2018 - 16 games played

2019 - 16 games played

Come on people.

Indeed. He's been very reliable for years now. Saying otherwise is ignoring facts for _________?

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

but he's not Mr. Glass.

2017- 16 games played

2018 - 16 games played

2019 - 16 games played

Come on people.

Yep...this narrative is beyond played out and unfair to Keenan Allen really. I wonder what he would have to do for this to not be a thing anymore. I still hear this a lot about him, it's weird lol.

Expect this guy to ball out the rest of the year after this bye week. Herbert looks like the real deal. WR1 I said it.

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

but he's not Mr. Glass.

2017- 16 games played

2018 - 16 games played

2019 - 16 games played

Come on people.

Yes I was referring to his first few years and then I thought it was a played out narrative based on him becoming an iron man when I was avoiding him.