Sidearmer

Rhys Hoskins 2020 Outlook

I was just going to post as well. He’s hitting HRs again. He’s back to his bad batting average from 2018 and not the atrocious 2019 batting average.

He’s pulling the ball more than 50% of the time again.

Best of all for those in OBP leagues he is walking just as much as he always has.

This might be the Rhys we were looking for

On 8/13/2020 at 10:25 AM, En Votto Veritas said:

Hoskins likely isn't getting benched.  He's only 27 and is walking more (24.6% this year vs 15.5% career) and striking out less (17.5% vs 23.2%).  EV is right on pace with career lines (90.1) and he's hitting the ball hard 50% of the time.  I mean the dude is hitting second in the lineup and has more walks (14) than hits (6), his OBP is .404.  Things just aren't connecting after 13 games; just a slump.  Actually looks like a great buy low IMO.

Buy low window on Hoskins is gone.

4 hours ago, En Votto Veritas said:

Hoskins likely isn't getting benched.  He's only 27 and is walking more (24.6% this year vs 15.5% career) and striking out less (17.5% vs 23.2%).  EV is right on pace with career lines (90.1) and he's hitting the ball hard 50% of the time.  I mean the dude is hitting second in the lineup and has more walks (14) than hits (6), his OBP is .404.  Things just aren't connecting after 13 games; just a slump.  Actually looks like a great buy low IMO.

Buy low window on Hoskins is gone.

This guy was in just a slump for 6 month, before decided to imitate Chris Shelton.

Edited by JCD

15 minutes ago, checkers said:

is he a risk to start this week?

I'm leaning towards benching him.... seems too risky right now

5 hours ago, checkers said:

is he a risk to start this week?

Looks like he is likely out the rest of the season:

Phillies placed 1B Rhys Hoskins on the 10-day injured list with a left forearm injury.

It's an ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) issue, which is never good news. Hoskins had posted a 1.011 OPS with nine home runs and 19 RBI in a 19-game stretch before injuring his arm Saturday on a play on the infield. He seems doubtful to return to the Phillies this season and could be facing major surgery.

Sep 14, 2020, 7:09 PM ET