Rotoworld.com Forums

Dak Prescott 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, BleachyBlonde said:

I have got to predict that the Cowboys would have a better record than 8-8 they had in the 2019/20 season. I think the addition of CeeDee opens up a lot of possibilities for the WR's in Dallas. I of course would not wish a stroke on Jerry Jones or anyone. 

I'd predict better than 8-8 also but my point was that I'd rather have fantasy output than then the Cowboys being good.   In fact, if you told me they went 12-4, I'd be worried that they had good leads in a lot of those games and turned to the run game. 

And while I think the offense got better with Lamb, I don't think it makes a huge difference this season.   Cobb was actually pretty good for them last year.  I'm not sure that Lamb, as a rookie WR, makes a significant difference.  

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're talking in hindsight.  How often to QBs especailly ones with good O-lines sustain season ending injuries?  Let alone an injury this bad?   How was Dak being greedy and Jerry Jones not

10 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I'd predict better than 8-8 also but my point was that I'd rather have fantasy output than then the Cowboys being good.   In fact, if you told me they went 12-4, I'd be worried that they had good leads in a lot of those games and turned to the run game. 

And while I think the offense got better with Lamb, I don't think it makes a huge difference this season.   Cobb was actually pretty good for them last year.  I'm not sure that Lamb, as a rookie WR, makes a significant difference.  

As a Ravens fan and a Fantasy Football player I am the total opposite than you when it comes to the teams success or Fantasy success. I'd much rather have the Ravens win sort of like they did most of the season last year with Lamar Jackson going crazy and even sometimes being pulled late in the game. I don't need a franchise player like Jackson getting injured in garbage time or even a player like Ingram, Andrews, or Brown that could ruin the remainder of the season for a few more fantasy points. It just isn't worth it too me. I also don't play in $$$ Fantasy leagues so that is also a factor as well. 

I just see Lamb as an upgrade to Cobb and one thing that will still be a major factor in all of this is Amari Cooper will have to be a leader in this receiver group and really step up. This will make all these receivers like Gallup and CeeDee better.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, BleachyBlonde said:

As a Ravens fan and a Fantasy Football player I am the total opposite than you when it comes to the teams success or Fantasy success. I'd much rather have the Ravens win sort of like they did most of the season last year with Lamar Jackson going crazy and even sometimes being pulled late in the game. I don't need a franchise player like Jackson getting injured in garbage time or even a player like Ingram, Andrews, or Brown that could ruin the remainder of the season for a few more fantasy points. It just isn't worth it too me. I also don't play in $$$ Fantasy leagues so that is also a factor as well. 

I just see Lamb as an upgrade to Cobb and one thing that will still be a major factor in all of this is Amari Cooper will have to be a leader in this receiver group and really step up. This will make all these receivers like Gallup and CeeDee better.

I hear you.  I guess I've had enough enjoyment of Cowboys rings that I'd just rather win my fantasy league.  😀

I do worry that Cooper doesn't seem to have that prototypical leader demeanor.  He's been accused of not caring about the team which I don't believe.  I just don't think he's a very vocal guy and he's not the type to get up in someone's face.  Not that he can't help Lamb and Gallup.  But just that it's going to be example if anything.

16 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I hear you.  I guess I've had enough enjoyment of Cowboys rings that I'd just rather win my fantasy league.  😀

I do worry that Cooper doesn't seem to have that prototypical leader demeanor.  He's been accused of not caring about the team which I don't believe.  I just don't think he's a very vocal guy and he's not the type to get up in someone's face.  Not that he can't help Lamb and Gallup.  But just that it's going to be example if anything.

With the Ravens only winning 2 Super Bowls I have to focus more on them achieving that goal than myself winning a Fantasy league.  :)

Cooper is the Cowboys #1WR and even if he leads by being vocal or is a silent leader, he still needs to lead by example on the field with production. I do think the more he is productive in the offense the more productive Gallup and Lamb will be.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Anyone think Dak could challenge Mahomes and Jackson for QB fantasy points?

No, not if the top 2 are healthy. Maybe Mahomes in 4-pt passing TD leagues if he runs a lot, but I don’t see it.

However, Dak could end up being a better value several rounds later.  I struggled more with ranking him against Kyler, Russell & Deshaun. I ended up taking him as the 4th QB off the board one pick after someone took Watson.

On 9/3/2020 at 11:56 AM, SkinsChargersFan said:

No, not if the top 2 are healthy. Maybe Mahomes in 4-pt passing TD leagues if he runs a lot, but I don’t see it.

However, Dak could end up being a better value several rounds later.  I struggled more with ranking him against Kyler, Russell & Deshaun. I ended up taking him as the 4th QB off the board one pick after someone took Watson.

This, I took Russ in a keeper league where Kyler and Deshaun were kept and Russ fell 11 picks after Dak (QBs go slowly in this league since most teams have a keeper, even if it's just a fringe starter). I see the argument for taking Dak over the other three but I would rather wait another round for one of them.

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Congrats if you got him in fantasy.

He is a terrible real life QB.

Not good in game winning drives. 

Ryan Tannehill has 3 game winning drives in 3 games this year.

Dak has 1 in like 15 attempts in his career?

He’s fantasy gold.

Let them keep trailing and losing games, more garbage time points.

Send it. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

He’s fantasy gold.

Let them keep trailing and losing games, more garbage time points.

Send it. 

Don’t forget we get to watch him play this thanksgiving and score 30 easy points for us on turkey day !!!! 

• Like 1
On 9/28/2020 at 2:55 PM, JAG_challam said:

Sitting on the Dak/CeeDee stack. Both have been great, Dak is awesome and CeeDee much better than expected. I'm looking forward to when these two start connecting on TDs and that stack is firing on all cylinders :)

I have so much of this very stack, really paid off today. This DAL defense is simply creating the perfect recipe for fantasy points.

• Like 1