SuperJoint

Dak Prescott 2020 Outlook

Fantasy aside this was terrible. Like the guy and that's a brutal injury. Best wishes.

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

I hate to say it, he's not a pocket passer, he will not be the same player after this injury, his use of his legs was a major part of his game...... This is going to be a hard injury to overcome

More than likely he's going to have to swallow his pride sign whatever deal they give him, walk, or be franchise tagged again....

Agreed. He’s been very good the last couple seasons for fantasy, but he wasn’t a real-life elite tier QB prior to the injury, and no team is gonna invest a ton of money in him now.

I'm heartbroken for Dak. Not just because of the injury but he's lost out on a lot of money now. 

Edited by Deuce1042

Sad for the person :(  Hopefully he can still secure a bag, he might not have deserved the steep price he wanted, but he certainly deserved an extension

I know nothing about his injury but I’d guess being relatively young and probably all the time he needs to recover that he won’t miss much of a beat.  Significant speed bump along the way but he’ll be back.

Is this confirmed season ending? Read that a couple places but doesn't seem authoritative.

Huge F in the chat 

Not just for our teams, but mainly for this guy and his future/career. If Nurkic & PG13 can comeback I think Dak can too. Hopefully. 

3 minutes ago, young dude said:

Is this confirmed season ending? Read that a couple places but doesn't seem authoritative.

read he had surgery ASAP usually not a good sign but idk. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, HarambeLives said:

read he had surgery ASAP usually not a good sign but idk. 

Surgery was ASAP because this was a compound fracture.  A compound fracture is where the bone pierces the skin, and is actually exposed.  You need to operate immediately to prevent infection, especially to the bone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Surgery was ASAP because this was a compound fracture.  A compound fracture is where the bone pierces the skin, and is actually exposed.  You need to operate immediately to prevent infection, especially to the bone.

yes but in reply to other guy, I would say that means it’s season ending. 

36 minutes ago, young dude said:

He’s done for this year and probably done with the Cowboys too

42 minutes ago, young dude said:

No... he’ll be back in “8 weeks”. 🙄

• Like 1

At least he got 30 million this year, much more than most people will make in a lifetime.  I don't feel bad that he didn't get hundreds of millions.  Shoulda taken the deal! 

Should have taken the money. I'm curious to see how another qb performs in this elite offense Dalton is no scrub.

8 minutes ago, bennie905 said:

Should have taken the money. I'm curious to see how another qb performs in this elite offense Dalton is no scrub.

Zeke gets a yuuuuge boost. 

Red Rifle will be serviceable enough, think he can return borderline qb1 #s on the reg, simply by attrition - that's a ton of talent to work with him. 

flipside, of course, is that banged up o- line ... kinda shades the prospects of all involved - dunno how they overcome that shortcoming to remain an elite offense - as i said, gonna be a steady dose of Zeke ... for as long as the D can keep games respectable (one qtr? 😁).

extensive gahhhrbahhhge #s should be rolling in, though nothing like Dak's, naturally.  

btw, whodathunkit that the game between the team formerly known as the indigenous peoples & Cowboys would be the Alex Smiff/Andy Dalton showdown?

2020, BABY!!1!111!1!1!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bennie905 said:

In August I was thinking the same thing. It was an ego thing. What meaning is an extra $10-20M when you'll have over a $100M in the bank? Was he planning to buy an island and start his own country?

My guess is even if they offer him the going rate for a QB who's almost had his foot ripped off, he will likely split on principal alone.

7 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Agreed. He’s been very good the last couple seasons for fantasy, but he wasn’t a real-life elite tier QB prior to the injury, and no team is gonna invest a ton of money in him now.

yea ok so whos elite to you?  He's very good and top 7 real life qb - not sure what your point is?

he's better than Goff, Cousins, Wentz, Carr etc who all got more money than him.  His Market value given a successful rehab should be a top 7-8 qb which is still very good.

Edited by JetsAwesome

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

What does he deserve now?

Assuming his rehab goes well and his ankle heals up, he's a top 10 QB. If Dallas had a defense this year, he probably has them sitting above .500. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

Assuming his rehab goes well and his ankle heals up, he's a top 10 QB. If Dallas had a defense this year, he probably has them sitting above .500. 

Thing is there's no telling when he's ready. This wasn't a simple pop or tear.

You know, if his contract negotiation stance was correct and if he truely does heal up then his best bet would be to sign a one year prove it deal and then go out and prove it. The cap should be up by that point in two to three years and he gets most of the money he wanted. This isn't the end, he just won't have the luxury of making $40M to do rehab.

24 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

yea ok so whos elite to you?  He's very good and top 7 real life qb - not sure what your point is?

he's better than Goff, Cousins, Wentz, Carr etc who all got more money than him.  His Market value given a successful rehab should be a top 7-8 qb which is still very good.

He turned down 5 years $175m, which is a lot more than any of the guys you listed, and would have tied him with Russell Wilson for the highest paid player in the league at the time (before Mahomes & Watson contracts).

Not to mention all the teams w/ the QBs listed are regretting those contracts... and the only one who had injury concerns was Wentz.

He asked to be paid like he’s the best QB in the league, which he’s not.  Of course, that was his prerogative.

But my original statement was that no team is going to invest a ton of money in him now, which is likely true coming off one of the most serious injuries a player can sustain.