Rotoworld.com Forums

Dak Prescott 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

He turned down 5 years $175m, which is a lot more than any of the guys you listed, and would have tied him with Russell Wilson for the highest paid player in the league at the time (before Mahomes & Watson contracts).

Not to mention all the teams w/ the QBs listed are regretting those contracts... and the only one who had injury concerns was Wentz.

He asked to be paid like he’s the best QB in the league, which he’s not.  Of course, that was his prerogative.

But my original statement was that no team is going to invest a ton of money in him now, which is likely true coming off one of the most serious injuries a player can sustain.

Didn't he want like $45M/yr?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're talking in hindsight.  How often to QBs especailly ones with good O-lines sustain season ending injuries?  Let alone an injury this bad?   How was Dak being greedy and Jerry Jones not

8 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

It says 2020 outlook, not rest of the career outlook. 

His 2020 dynasty season is over. 

In dynasty leagues people make moves now while taking into consideration the future outside of the current season. You should study up on the format, it's alot of fun. You might want to try it out.

8 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Him and/or his agent were being greedy... at the time of the offer last year, he would’ve been highest paid QB right above Russell Wilson... Jerry Jones even said deal was only days away after they extended Zeke... but Dak and/or agent wanted the type of money Mahomes got this year and screwed with Jerry during that time. This is karma for Dak 

"Karma" ... 

The issue ended up being that Dak wanted a four year deal. Not a five year one. Jerry wouldn't give him a four year deal. Dak conceded the point on the money. 

4-8 weeks bros, I saw a youtube video

Cowboys' Dak Prescott: Expects 4-to-6 month recoveryOctober 12, 2020 | 08:12 AM

Prescott (ankle) has been given a four to six month recovery window and will be released from hospitalization Monday, Jane Slater of NFL Network reports. Prescott's recovery timeframe sets him up to miss the remainder of the season after suffering a right ankle compound fracture and dislocation Sunday, for which he's since undergone successful surgery. Over five games in 2020, Prescott compiled 1,690 passing yards and a 9:3 TD:INT ratio, in addition to three rushing scores and a receiving touchdown. He'll now hand the reins over to Andy Dalton. The 27-year-old's anticipated rehab window hints at optimism that he could return for 2021 without major complications, though he doesn't yet have a contract with the Cowboys beyond this season.

Source: CBS Sports

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Did anyone else see Dak try to snap it back in place? Just a surreal thing to watch. Poor guy. 

I did this to myself when I snapped my ankle and it was pointing right at a 90 degree angle. I still get queezy thinking about it and not sure why I typed this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Deuce1042 said:

"Karma" ... 

The issue ended up being that Dak wanted a four year deal. Not a five year one. Jerry wouldn't give him a four year deal. Dak conceded the point on the money. 

Right, you’re referencing this year (in August I believe), where length of contract - 4 years vs. 5 years,  became more prominent. I was referencing last year where after Zeke was in Cancun and he came back and he signed right before season started. That’s the time last year when supposedly the next deal with Dak was ready but him and/or agent wanted more money at that time (it was roughly 36 mil/year on the table, they wanted more). But back to what you’re referencing for length of contract this year, that was a huge mistake by Dak because that 5th year becomes irrelevant anyway since it’s either going to be another extension or they cut him before that contract expires

Edited by HarryPotter
10 hours ago, bennie905 said:

Should have taken the money. I'm curious to see how another qb performs in this elite offense Dalton is no scrub.

As a Cowboys fan, just makes me sick.  Personally, I'm hoping they just lose every game the rest of the way to set themselves up for better picks in the next draft to try and fill their many holes.  Sad thing is they can probably still win the NFC East with Dalton....but it's pointless as they aren't beating the better NFC teams in the playoffs.  Let's face it....They're just not good.  They've barely won in the last seconds against two winless teams.  

I actually think Dalton's performance is going to be a big indicator of what happens with Dak.  If Dalton is able to come in and play well and the Cowboys win games, that doesn't do Prescott a lot of good in terms of negotiations.  If they end up 5-11 or something though and look pretty bad, Dak clearly helps his cause while not even playing.

It will be interesting to see how Dalton fares in the offense.  But at the end of the day, Dak is still going to get paid by somebody.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

You’re not being a jerk, you’re spitting facts. Dak made a bad decision or he got bad advice. Either way, it backfired for him cuz of his greed

You're talking in hindsight.  How often to QBs especailly ones with good O-lines sustain season ending injuries?  Let alone an injury this bad?

How was Dak being greedy and Jerry Jones not?  Dak wanted what he thought he was worth? The guy never missed a game in his career before. Hes done nothing but continue to exceed the expectations.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Yeah at this point he missed out on a ton of money, theres no reason for the cowboys to even franchise tag him. This is a potential career ender, he probably will never be the same again.

I don't know about all that. Gordon Hayward had a horrific injury like this and he is fine now.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, yanksman said:

I did this to myself when I snapped my ankle and it was pointing right at a 90 degree angle. I still get queezy thinking about it and not sure why I typed this.

I feel you man. I fractured and dislocated my right ankle last June and was in such shock I tried but to touch it but couldn't. I thought when I got to the hospital and they started pumping me with pain meds that I would be in relief, but then they came to set the ankle back in place...

Watching Dak cry on the medical cart cut through me like surgical knife with deja vu.

2 hours ago, Rotocious said:

You're talking in hindsight.  How often to QBs especailly ones with good O-lines sustain season ending injuries?  Let alone an injury this bad?

How was Dak being greedy and Jerry Jones not?  Dak wanted what he thought he was worth? The guy never missed a game in his career before. Hes done nothing but continue to exceed the expectations.

Jerry not was being "greedy". Jerry Jones is paying out the same amount money out of pocket no matter how much Dak got, because Jerry Jones would be paying the salary cap amount and the Cowboys go right up to the cap limit. So it costs Jerry the same amount of money if Dak got $35M or $45M. The $10M (or whatever) Jerry saves on Dak would just be spent on someone else. Purely from a money out-of-pocket perspective, it makes no difference to Jerry Jones how much or how little Dak is paid.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, young dude said:

Jerry not was being "greedy". Jerry Jones is paying out the same amount money out of pocket no matter how much Dak got, because Jerry Jones would be paying the salary cap amount and the Cowboys go right up to the cap limit. So it costs Jerry the same amount of money if Dak got $35M or $45M. The $10M (or whatever) Jerry saves on Dak would just be spent on someone else. Purely from a money out-of-pocket perspective, it makes no difference to Jerry Jones how much or how little Dak is paid.

Wanted to add to my earlier post above but can't now... Also, I hope what I'm saying isn't true and people are above that. At the same time, would you be surprised if at least 1 of Dak's teammates derives schadenfreude from this because Dak wanted a bigger (while already having by far the biggest) share of the pie (cap) being split among the team? 

2 hours ago, Prezkot said:

I feel you man. I fractured and dislocated my right ankle last June and was in such shock I tried but to touch it but couldn't. I thought when I got to the hospital and they started pumping me with pain meds that I would be in relief, but then they came to set the ankle back in place...

Watching Dak cry on the medical cart cut through me like surgical knife with deja vu.

That was hard to watch and I really feel bad for him. His tears were not about money, contracts, but about knowing this was an injury that was going to perhaps end his football life. Now, I don't think that's the case but he's sitting there with a broken leg/ankle and he does not know now what the future holds. He did try a little to put it back, but realized that was foolish. I dislocated my middle finger busting on a half-pipe skate ramp and though it was pointing 90 degrees the wrong way I pulled it up and put it back. It's just instinct, so I get why he tried that. 

Edited by Blazer

From a fantasy perspective, for those of us that play in keeper and dynasty leagues, we have a difficult decision to make. It's hard to hold him on the bench not knowing how this impacts his future, especially with bye weeks underway and covid postponements adding to an already terrible season for injuries.  The 4-6 month recovery time sounds promising, but it seems optimistic for a guy that relies on his athleticism as much as Dak. 

Are we hanging onto him for hopes of next year and beyond?

7 hours ago, Trifecta said:

From a fantasy perspective, for those of us that play in keeper and dynasty leagues, we have a difficult decision to make. It's hard to hold him on the bench not knowing how this impacts his future, especially with bye weeks underway and covid postponements adding to an already terrible season for injuries.  The 4-6 month recovery time sounds promising, but it seems optimistic for a guy that relies on his athleticism as much as Dak. 

I'd hold a couple weeks to hear more about him. 

On 10/13/2020 at 1:13 AM, Trifecta said:

Of course you should. If anyone is seriously considering dropping Dak in a dynasty league, that means now is the time to buy.

People saying he should have taken the money are crazy. It was a freak injury. You shouldn't sell yourself short in life. He wanted a four-year deal to hit free agency earlier to take advantage of the higher salary cap. Dallas wanted him for five years. It was just simple business. With these NFL contracts the team holds all of the power. He took a risk and it didn't work out. 💩 happens. He's still got plenty of money to wipe his tears and his a** with unlike most of us.

• Like 2