smokymonkey

Keeper Help in 16-teamer: WHIR!

I'm in a keep-6-forever 16-team 5x5 roto league. I'll have the #9 pick in the draft. I've got 5 keepers pretty much locked in: Tatis (SS), Jo-Ram (3B), K-Bryant (OF), Nola (SP), Glasnow (SP). That leaves 1 slot for either Castellanos (OF)/Rosario (OF)/Pham (OF)/Osuna (RP). I'm leaning towards keeping Osuna (thinking that as a top-5 RP he won't be there by the time my draft turn rolls around), and assuming that 1 of those OFers or a comparable bat is still around when it's my turn to pick. I don't love keeping 3 pitchers and only 3 hitters, but I'm happy to pick only bats with my first 2 or 3 picks. What do you think? Thanks---& if you leave a link, I WHIR!

Throw Nola & Glasnow back, Keep Nick the stick, Pham, Rosario 

Castellanos, easy. Closers are so unpredicable.

Help?

On 1/31/2020 at 12:28 PM, smokymonkey said:

I'm in a keep-6-forever 16-team 5x5 roto league. I'll have the #9 pick in the draft. I've got 5 keepers pretty much locked in: Tatis (SS), Jo-Ram (3B), K-Bryant (OF), Nola (SP), Glasnow (SP). That leaves 1 slot for either Castellanos (OF)/Rosario (OF)/Pham (OF)/Osuna (RP). I'm leaning towards keeping Osuna (thinking that as a top-5 RP he won't be there by the time my draft turn rolls around), and assuming that 1 of those OFers or a comparable bat is still around when it's my turn to pick. I don't love keeping 3 pitchers and only 3 hitters, but I'm happy to pick only bats with my first 2 or 3 picks. What do you think? Thanks---& if you leave a link, I WHIR!

In a keep-forever league, I wouldn't consider Osuna because of the volatility of closers. I know there were some votes for Castellanos, but I think I'd lean towards Rosario, tbh. He's just 24, and I don't think we've seen his best yet. 

Thoughts on mine?