Sign in to follow this  
24/7fantasysports

Targeting Albies in Dynasty.WHIR

14 team H2H dynasty.

6 Hitting cats: R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, K's against.

An owner put Albies on the block and listed 1B, 3B, and RP as his position needs. Albies would be a big boost to my squad as I need Rs, SBs, and OBP. We have been chatting and he is fielding multiple offers. How can I land Albies? My first offer which I haven't heard back on was Nick Senzel, Edwin Diaz, Franmil Reyes, and pick 2.6 for Albies. Thoughts and WHIR.

Here is my team:

C Will Smith

1B: P.Alonso

2B: M.Moustakas

SS: Corey Seager

3B: J.McNeil

3 OF: G.Springer, F.Reyes, K.Davis

2 UTL: S.Long, J.Turner

BN: N.Senzel, Y.Puig

SP: D.German, D.Lamet, C.Smith, S.Matz, J.Teheren, L.Lynn, D. Cease, J.Means, B.Woodruff, T.Walker

RP: E.Diaz, A.Garrett, N.Anderson

DL: E.Suarez, C.Kuhl, C.Rodon

MILB: C.Kieboom, Y.Diaz, M.Vientos, L.Webb, J.Karinchak

4 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

14 team H2H dynasty.

6 Hitting cats: R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, K's against.

An owner put Albies on the block and listed 1B, 3B, and RP as his position needs. Albies would be a big boost to my squad as I need Rs, SBs, and OBP. We have been chatting and he is fielding multiple offers. How can I land Albies? My first offer which I haven't heard back on was Nick Senzel, Edwin Diaz, Franmil Reyes, and pick 2.6 for Albies. Thoughts and WHIR.

Here is my team:

C Will Smith

1B: P.Alonso

2B: M.Moustakas

SS: Corey Seager

3B: J.McNeil

3 OF: G.Springer, F.Reyes, K.Davis

2 UTL: S.Long, J.Turner

BN: N.Senzel, Y.Puig

SP: D.German, D.Lamet, C.Smith, S.Matz, J.Teheren, L.Lynn, D. Cease, J.Means, B.Woodruff, T.Walker

RP: E.Diaz, A.Garrett, N.Anderson

DL: E.Suarez, C.Kuhl, C.Rodon

MILB: C.Kieboom, Y.Diaz, M.Vientos, L.Webb, J.Karinchak

He has a similar offer to my first one but it involves lesser risk so no dice. He also doesn't value draft picks. 

I'm considering offering Mike Moustakas, Edwin Diaz, and Dylan Cease for Albies and Pick 4.4 (46th). 

Thoughts? WHIR.

Dangle a mt for Ozzie straight up good luck. 

9 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Dangle a mt for Ozzie straight up good luck. 

What does "dangle a mt" for Ozzie straight up mean? 

Edited by 24/7fantasysports

To me this trade boils down to, Albies for Moustakas and Diaz.

In a previous reply I’d made mention about not really caring about Cease, so he is a nonentity in this trade. And just like the owner you are dealing with, draft picks in a dynasty baseball league don’t really move the needle for me.

Albies is about eight years younger than Moustakas, so on that point alone you would be gaining in this deal.

This is what makes me drag my heels a little bit. From a hitting side of things, you would gain in runs and OBP, but the stolen bases might only increase by 9-10-11 maybe, while taking a step back in homeruns.

I’m not sure how you plan on making up the 20+ saves that you would lose by trading away Diaz as well.

While obtaining Albies would be nice I think that this move would hurt your chances of winning a title this year.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ncbobcats said:

In a previous reply I’d made mention about not really caring about Cease, so he is a nonentity in this trade. And just like the owner you are dealing with, draft picks in a dynasty baseball league don’t really move the needle for me.

Albies is about eight years younger than Moustakas, so on that point alone you would be gaining in this deal.

This is what makes me drag my heels a little bit. From a hitting side of things, you would gain in runs and OBP, but the stolen bases might only increase by 9-10-11 maybe, while taking a step back in homeruns.

I’m not sure how you plan on making up the 20+ saves that you would lose by trading away Diaz as well.

While obtaining Albies would be nice I think that this move would hurt your chances of winning a title this year.

Maybe banking on Karinchak getting some saves? Good question on replacing the saves.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ncbobcats said:

I appreciate the feedback. We get a half point for holds but I'm aware if Diaz bounces back he could get me 30-35 saves. I know Spring Training hasnt started but I dont like the fact the Mets didn't give Diaz a vote of confidence and make the 9th inning gig his. Plus they brought in Betences so it could get muddy in a hurry if Diaz struggles. I often find closers during the year as well. 

I thought trading for potentially the best 2B in baseball who hasnt touched his ceiling was a sure thing but I'm glad I'm getting this feedback. 

10 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

What does "dangle a mt" for Ozzie straight up mean? 

Just put him on ignore 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I appreciate the feedback. We get a half point for holds but I'm aware if Diaz bounces back he could get me 30-35 saves. I know Spring Training hasnt started but I dont like the fact the Mets didn't give Diaz a vote of confidence and make the 9th inning gig his. Plus they brought in Betences so it could get muddy in a hurry if Diaz struggles. I often find closers during the year as well. 

I thought trading for potentially the best 2B in baseball who hasnt touched his ceiling was a sure thing but I'm glad I'm getting this feedback. 

TBH I don't think Betances is as good as Diaz. 

• Thanks 1

If you can get Albies for Moose and Diaz, I wouldn’t hesitate at all.  I would highly doubt that gets him.  I would offer Moose/Diaz/Senzel for Albies and a small piece you like back.  That’s what it’s gonna take I think to get him.  Albies is easily top 5 at his position, and very young.  He’s gonna be costly to acquire 

• Thanks 1

Saves pop up all the time. Since Closers only pitch 60-65 IP a year they rarely hurt or help u outside of 1 category. I would jump to trade Moose and Diaz for Albies. not sure I would give Senzel away that cheap though. My dynasty has Holds though. Holds guys tend to be better pitchers over closers plus get 20 extra IP a year.

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2020 at 7:52 PM, TheTruth024 said:

If you can get Albies for Moose and Diaz, I wouldn’t hesitate at all.  I would highly doubt that gets him.  I would offer Moose/Diaz/Senzel for Albies and a small piece you like back.  That’s what it’s gonna take I think to get him.  Albies is easily top 5 at his position, and very young.  He’s gonna be costly to acquire 

I don't see any way that you could get Albies for Moose and Diaz.  Saves are notoriously tough to predict as it seems like half or more of the starting closers lose their job over the year.  Personally, I hardly give them any value.  While I like Moose, he's older and will definitely have less of a keeper life.  

I could see the Moose/diaz/senzel offer above but personally, I would reject it.  It's tough to pull young, producing stars. Luckily, not everyone values players the same as me but it might be worth the try at least.

• Thanks 1