exm

Last Keeper... Batter or Pitcher?

We're keeping 5, Yahoo H2H. Here are my first 4 keepers:

Anthony Rendon -> No Brainer

Javier Báez -> No Brainer

Whit Merrifield -> I love his versatility.

Adalberto Mondesi -> I'm a believer.

The leaves me with 1 keeper left:

Anthony Rizzo

Matt Olson

Jack Flaherty

Shane Bieber

My original thought was to keep Flaherty due to his monster second half. However, First Base is not really deep so Olson or RIzzo also warrants consideration. Thoughts?

Thanks and 100% WHIR

Stats:

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Doubles (2B), Triples (3B), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Strikeouts (K), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Relief Appearances (RAPP), Quality Starts (QS)
Edited by exm
typo

Either Flaherty or Olson for me. Gotta go with Flaherty tho. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exm said:

We're keeping 5, Yahoo H2H. Here are my first 4 keepers:

Anthony Rendon -> No Brainer

Javier Báez -> No Brainer

Whit Merrifield -> I love his versatility.

Adalberto Mondesi -> I'm a believer.

The leaves me with 1 keeper left:

Anthony Rizzo

Matt Olson

Jack Flaherty

Shane Bieber

My original thought was to keep Flaherty due to his monster second half. However, First Base is not really deep so Olson or RIzzo also warrants consideration. Thoughts?

Thanks and 100% WHIR

Stats:

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Doubles (2B), Triples (3B), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Strikeouts (K), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Relief Appearances (RAPP), Quality Starts (QS)

Tbh, I'd drop Mondesi and keep Rizzo and either Bieber or Flaherty...leaning Bieber. I know Mondesi will get a ton of TPs and SBs (if healthy), but he'll also get a ton of Ks to go with a really low OBP. I like Rizzo better than Mondesi in this format. 

Mind helping with mine? 

Flaherty

I would keep bieber or olson over whit ir rendon.

I see whits steals dropping, and rendon is going to be .270/20/80 in AL.

I know know one will agree with me, but merrifield and tendons best days are behind them.

Flaherty is a must keep.

Olson and Bieber are too young and good to drop imo.

Flaherty and Bieber to start the season???  I'm all over that!  

Rendon, Baez, Olson/Merrifield one or the other, Bieber, and Flaherty.   If Mondesi can have a SLIVER of plate discipline, he's flat out scary.  So there are a couple of dice roll options but I am keeping those two starters for SURE!    

Seems to me Whit is on a downward trend. I would keep Bieber and Flaherty and dump Merrifield. Gotta keep Mondesi he’s worth the risk.

I would consider both SP. Having to studs to start the season with help you tons as they are harder to come by (especially with the juiced baseballs). Could you try and package a 2-1 deal?

Rendon

Baez

Bieber

Flaherty 

I would easily keep Flaherty and Bieber in this scenario.  I would put Whit back, but could see someone wanting the safer choice and putting Mondesi back.  Personally, I would keep Mondesi over Whit, as he is younger.  Need to start worrying about Merrifield's speed declining.  Dee Gordon anyone?  Flaherty and Bieber are bonafide Aces.  Keep them for sure, as they are 2 of the top 10 SP to come off the board.  Whit will be easier to replace IMO

I’d keep Olson over Merrifield and Flaherty or Bieber as my last 

Edited by apap414

Flaherty is the move. Somehow I’m not down with the Royals either, but that only complicates matters. If you can turn a Royal into Bieber as well, your team becomes more well rounded.