Sign in to follow this  
SyNdicateZ

The New England Patriots 2020 Outlook

26 minutes ago, BMcP said:

If Michel is trash, why didn’t Harris see the field at all in 2019?

Cause he a rookie plus they spent a first round pick on Sony. didnt want to admit draft failure so soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Cause he a rookie plus they spent a first round pick on Sony. didnt want to admit draft failure so soon.

It seems like a sub-optimal strategy for Bill to keep refusing to acknowledge draft failures for no particular reason.

Wouldn’t playing Harris and seeing him succeed amount to admitting a draft success?!

Edited by BMcP

1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Draft failure? He led them to the SB last year as a beast in the playoffs!  Name another late first round rookie pick that has done that in the past 10 years.

28 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Draft failure? He led them to the SB last year as a beast in the playoffs!  Name another late first round rookie pick that has done that in the past 10 years.

yup.and..fast foward to this past year and without James Develin all year,  Sony didnt do NUFFIN. Just by watching him he has no elusivness and goes down way to easily.James Develin is the reason Sony did good that superbowl year.

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

It seems like a sub-optimal strategy for Bill to keep refusing to acknowledge draft failures for no particular reason.

Wouldn’t playing Harris and seeing him succeed amount to admitting a draft success?!

nope. cause u still wasted a 1st round pick which is Suppose to be your stud.

28 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

nope. cause u still wasted a 1st round pick which is Suppose to be your stud.

It might be something to just acknowledge at this point.

So hypothetically speaking, if Brady re-signs on his usual team-friendly contract here are possible offensive improvements based on likelihood.

No chance in hell but perfect situation: AJ Green + Hunter Henry or Hooper + Sharpe or Agholor

Long shot but not entirely unreasonable: Cooper + Ebron

Something realistic Pats fans would be ok with: Robby Anderson or Sanders + Charles Clay

What Belichick would normally do: Sharpe/Agholor/Bourne + Eifert + Amendola

2 hours ago, sSektor said:

So hypothetically speaking, if Brady re-signs on his usual team-friendly contract here are possible offensive improvements based on likelihood.

No chance in hell but perfect situation: AJ Green + Hunter Henry or Hooper + Sharpe or Agholor

Long shot but not entirely unreasonable: Cooper + Ebron

Something realistic Pats fans would be ok with: Robby Anderson or Sanders + Charles Clay

What Belichick would normally do: Sharpe/Agholor/Bourne + Eifert + Amendola

The  pats will add: AJ Green, bring back Antonio Brown (per Toms request\demand during negotiations) and TE Eifert.

WR depth chart

AJ Green

Antonio Brown

Julian Edelman

NKeal Harry

Jakoby Meyers

Matt Slater

Two Big losses for the Pats blocking last year was losing Devlin and the TE on the roster not blocking anything...Add that to losing the starting C (for the season) and Wynn for most of the season lead to both lack of time for the WR to get separation and RB being hit in the backfield...I'm pretty sure the D will be fine next year

1 hour ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Two Big losses for the Pats blocking last year was losing Devlin and the TE on the roster not blocking anything...Add that to losing the starting C (for the season) and Wynn for most of the season lead to both lack of time for the WR to get separation and RB being hit in the backfield...I'm pretty sure the D will be fine next year

^This. A missing FB seems like a small loss to any team, but the bread and butter of the Patriots last year was their running game out of the I-Formation. Which really isn't possible without a FB and a 40 year old TE and only half a O-Line.

I think they are going to reload for one final ride. There are a lot of big names on the market. I would really like to see AJ Green win a Ring with the Patriots, he kind of deserves it for the misery he endured in Cincinatti

Speaking of blocking, they are likely going to need to find a replacement for Thuney either via the draft or FA.  I don’t see how they can afford to keep him.

Edited by BMcP

12 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

The  pats will add: AJ Green, bring back Antonio Brown (per Toms request\demand during negotiations) and TE Eifert.

WR depth chart

AJ Green

Antonio Brown

Julian Edelman

NKeal Harry

Jakoby Meyers

Matt Slater

I really don’t see Green leaving Cincy: they’ve already stated publicly their desire to sign Green to a long-term deal, or, failing that, they can just tag him.

Even in the unlikely event Brown returned to play regularly next season, he’s still under investigation and will have to serve what figures to be a lengthy suspension upon reinstatement.

16 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

yup.and..fast foward to this past year and without James Develin all year,  Sony didnt do NUFFIN. Just by watching him he has no elusivness and goes down way to easily.James Develin is the reason Sony did good that superbowl year.

One stud SB run is worth a late 1st even if they never do anything else the rest of their career.

The line is probably going to regress more with Scarnecchia retiring again. 

On 2/4/2020 at 4:54 PM, BMcP said:

If Michel is trash, why didn’t Harris see the field at all in 2019?

Im staying away from any pats offensive players next year. Maybe edelman if brady is back but thats it. They didnt have to do much this past year with that defense.

26 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Im staying away from any pats offensive players next year. Maybe edelman if brady is back but thats it. They didnt have to do much this past year with that defense.

They couldn’t do much regardless once Edelman started getting routinely doubled. That being said he’s really getting up there in age and I wouldn’t draft him unless they sign a good WR to draw coverage away.

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

They couldn’t do much regardless once Edelman started getting routinely doubled. That being said he’s really getting up there in age and I wouldn’t draft him unless they sign a good WR to draw coverage away.

Do you think they would sign AJ Green? Amari Cooper? Robby Anderson?

6 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Do you think they would sign AJ Green? Amari Cooper? Robby Anderson?

Amari is best case scenario and I just don’t see them paying him that much if Dallas doesn’t.

AJG is great and probably a realistic option.

I think Robby would be a huge upgrade in the Dorsett role. Haven’t watched enough of him to say whether he runs a big enough route tree to be a game breaker on the Pats.

• Thanks 1

Robby is the most realistic get. He did focus on expanding his route tree this year.  Ordinarily I’d say the Jets would do anything to keep him, but this is Gase we are talking about.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Robby is the most realistic get. He did focus on expanding his route tree this year.  Ordinarily I’d say the Jets would do anything to keep him, but this is Gase we are talking about.

He could secretly be Keenan Allen good at route running and Gase would make him look garbage.

• Haha 2

Not sure the Pats would want to bring a guy like Roby into the mix with all his personal woes.

AJG wouls be a good fit.

Veteran WR seem to have a very tough time learning the Patriot's system.  Sanu is the latest failure, but there have been a lot.

Belichick never signs big name free agents when they are in the pricey phase of their careers.  Reclamation projects would be more their style.  

Besides, AJ Green is likely staying in Cincinnati.  I do not believe New England will deviate this offseason.

5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Veteran WR seem to have a very tough time learning the Patriot's system.

It is definitely a lot harder for them midseason. Sanu had no shot and Gordon last year actually picked it up a lot quicker than expected. I think AB is the exception but he's also supremely talented as a wideout. Another huge issue is McDaniels complete inability or refusal to change the offense enough to get talented new acquisitions involved quickly. Lafell, Hogan, and Cooks did good when they had a full offseason.

Brady better not skip any Voluntary workouts/camps ect. He needs to be there so he can help whoever they sign at Wr/te. They need to get on the same page and build chemistry starting in the EARLY part of camps. Brady not participating in voluntary camps did that offense and the wideouts no favors.

Edited by SyNdicateZ

19 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Brady better not skip any Voluntary workouts/camps ect. He needs to be there so he can help whoever they sign at Wr/te. They need to get on the same page and build chemistry starting in the EARLY part of camps. Brady not participating in voluntary camps did that offense and the wideouts no favors.

Hmmm.  Not sure he will want to do this.  Seems like he enjoys a little time off in the offseason.